BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Any musicians on this forum?
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 05:52 PM
Any musicians on this forum?

Just curious if any of you play musical instruments and if so what do you play?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob53

The radio. I'm really good at it too. :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 06:34 PM

Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys. Vocals too. Cool topic.

islandhop
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 06:50 PM

I've been taking and playing my Banjo to Baja for decades. One of many of my favorite things to do in Baja and life is being in remote Baja is learning new songs and playing my favorites. Recently we put our instruments on donkeys and went on multi day trips in the mountains and played ranchero music with the guides. They haven't ever seen a banjo. I'm headed down soon with the 5 string.
MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 07:00 PM

Is,
That is awesome real deal baja.

I have a 5-string here in town. So far as I know, I'm the only one that bonks on a banjo here. My baja banjo went underwater in hurrican Paul, but it came back for another life, like me!

I need to figure out how to carry it on a quad to the remote ranchos without beating it to death! They would love it!

Banjos are life.
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys. Vocals too. Cool topic.

That's awesome! I also play. Main instrument is the bass but I also play guitar and a little piano. I have a drum kit but I really don't play that well. I just have them so drummers don't have to lug their kits to my studio.
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 07:04 PM

I've always wanted to learn to play the banjo. Just haven't got around to it yet. That and the pedal steel.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 07:09 PM

i can play drums. i lernt from Dennis who is a bongo meastro!

but really, was in a band in H.S.

MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 07:58 PM

I have been playing guitar for 50 years. I sound like a gifted guitarist who just started playing two weeks ago. I would love to start a rock band where I can be the lead guitarist and lead singer, but I can't find anyone worse at both than me who would be willing to play in a band that will never ever get hired.
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 09:46 PM

I play guitar and harmonica, and congas/drums (not a drum set) a bit. Just started learning guitar last May. Sometimes I sound good on harmonica...sometimes not so much :lol: I have a whole chest of percussion instruments from many different places/countries for jam sessions.
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 11:11 PM

No musicians, just drummers....
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 07:55 AM

Owned a guitar for years when i can play like vince gill i will say i am a player .
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

How many radios do you have? What style of radio do you play. Did you take lessons or are you self taught?
PlanB

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 09:07 AM

Cajon (less stuff to pack) and marimba

Que bueno es descansar despues de no hacer nada
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 09:08 AM

I learned to play the spoons at family reunions, played clarinet and recorder in school, Brett is learning acoustic guitar and played trumpet in school.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 09:14 AM

Blues bassist here (and rock, of course). Used to wail on the guit-fiddle but too old, arthritic and FAT to hit the li'l strings any more. Bass is a new-found love.:cool:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

I've been playing it daily for the past 65 years but when I'm feeling really creative I play the horses :lol:

Bob Durrell
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 11:05 AM

Al, how fun. I didn't know you play.
How 'bout a banjo backpack for stringing it along on your rides? I'll help you create a tailor-made if you like. Just let me know.

Quote:
Originally posted by MulegeAL
Is,
That is awesome real deal baja.

I have a 5-string here in town. So far as I know, I'm the only one that bonks on a banjo here. My baja banjo went underwater in hurrican Paul, but it came back for another life, like me!

I need to figure out how to carry it on a quad to the remote ranchos without beating it to death! They would love it!

Banjos are life.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 11:59 AM

I have played guitar and sung most of my adult life but since retirement, I have really been able to focus on development. We have a group that consists of me, Darlene Humphrey (guitar and vocals) from Alberta, Canada, Bill Hammell (12 string guitar and vocals) that was a boat mechanic for a long time in San Lucas but has now moved over to Asuncion, and our newest addition who is Pepe who was hired to teach guitar and music to the local people as part of a Government Cultural Development program. Pepe is one of the hottest lead guitar players I have had a chance to play with in a long time.
We play every Sunday at the Bahia Restaurant in San Lucas Cove and most Fridays at Los Chibatos restaurant at Punta Chivato. It really helps the restaurants and brings in a good crowd when we play. We are trying to set a date for another restaurant, but will announce more when that one comes together.
We also have a great bass player who we hope will play with us on Sundays as he added a lot to the group before he had to leave and go north.

Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2014 at 12:42 PM

My music career began when I was just a kid. I recorded two albums with Sundance in the early 70s, then went on tour with country star legend Rose Maddox. After that I played in several bands through the years. In 2003, I joined the band RDG. We won instrumental album of the year and performed live on NBC at the Los Angeles Music Awards. Later, we shared the stage with Blue Oyster Cult, Joe Satriani, Gary Hoey, George Lynch, Jefferson Starship and many more. Now I am basically a hired gun. I just do session work and fill in gigs. I am planning on bringing a bass rig, guitar rig and a small drum kit to my house in BOLA for some occasional jam sessions.

[Edited on 3-12-2014 by Bob53]
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.