Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: lockin n loaden border
Nye

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 08:25 AM
lockin n loaden border

Keepin up with local border news we see protesters either deported or "anchor baby" now in U.S services webnews afterpost-sayin no amnesty they r the intuders - so now why again r we here n Baja not
intruding here?

[Edited on 3-14-2014 by Nye]

[Edited on 3-14-2014 by Nye]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 08:32 AM

I'm for humans being able to traverse borders, and the sharing of cultures. I think the bashing stuff you see on tv and hear on radio is meant to sell advertising.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 09:02 AM

I like borders. Without them, everything would be the same.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I like borders. Without them, everything would be the same.

Exactly. We couldn't go anywhere because we would already be there..:biggrin::biggrin:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 09:13 AM

In the us protestors are not deported based on free speech, they only be deported in the case of criminal activity that is demonstrated and provable or by their own admission. Many cities are sanctuary cities and people can not be asked for proof of immigration for no cause of suspicion.

Families with US born children are treated differently than individuals without children.

Mexicans who state they arrived as children and attended school can be granted amnesty.

Many other cases for amnesty exist as well.

On the other hand there are record number of deportations, apparently.

Look up constitutional court cases in california and you'll see many cases of illegal stops, illegal confiscation of vehicles by tow companies apparently giving kickbacks, including a recent case of 5-6 SF police charged with robbing immigrants as well as recent rape charges against police for raping immigrants.

Police may not impound cars of non-licensed drivers
http://www.mv-voice.com/print/story/2011/02/18/off-the-hook-...

Police with robbing immigrant
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/san-francisco-cops-cha...

Police charged with raping immigrant
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25318637/san-jose...
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 09:23 AM

Based on my limited data it does seem that the US makes it really difficult for Mexicans to visit the US vs the ease Mexico makes it for us. For example the daughter of a very successful motel/restaurant owner here in Huatabampito was denied a visa because she was single?? Eventually when her parents decided to visit and they applied as a family she was approved. I know several other legal Mexicans working in the US that have similar stories where a family member living and working in Mexico (with no desire to relocate to the US) can't can't a visa to visit relatives in the US. We have to find the answer for illegal immigration but I'm not sure that denying visas to those who want to visit/vacation in the US helps.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 09:46 AM

If you lived near the border or work in the landscape industry, it isn't hard at all to understand why the rules are different for each country.

Not all, but a large percentage of:

Americans going south into Mexico:
1) Use the legal border crossing
2) Bring enough money or supplies to support themselves in Mexico
3) Bring additional money to spend at Mexican businesses

Mexican going north into the USA:
1) Cross illegally and avoid or attack the border patrol
2) Have little or no money for what they need.
3) Need to work at American businesses to survive and send money back to Mexico.

Not saying I agree or disagree, I am saying the reason why the rules are harder on the good, legal Mexicans... the bad apples spoil it for the good ones!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 09:56 AM

David K- I agree. It just seems like sometimes the people making the decisions don't use a lot of common sense.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
David K- I agree. It just seems like sometimes the people making the decisions don't use a lot of common sense.

Exactly... so when do we (as a nation) once again elect people that have common sense? Have a great day! :light:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
I'm for humans being able to traverse borders, and the sharing of cultures.

When our economies are similar, that may be possible. Do you think all these Mexicans are coming to the states because they like us? Their motto may as well be, "The best part of the Red, White and Blue, is Green."

[Edited on 3-14-2014 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Exactly... so when do we (as a nation) once again elect people that have common sense? Have a great day! :light:

By Who's definition do we certify their common sense?
DJL
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Based on my limited data it does seem that the US makes it really difficult for Mexicans to visit the US vs the ease Mexico makes it for us.

This is fact . My best Friend is a Mexican from La Ribera ... and we cannot get him up here for a visit without undue hoop-jumping .

I find the xenophobes who rant and scream for a wall to be built between us and Mexico seem to be overlooking something - while illegals are an issue .... what about the seemingly millions of LEGAL immis' coming in from Eastern Europe ? Every day , there's another Airplane load of folks coming in .... sponsored by whatever church . The Russian/Ukraine population in the greater Sacramento area is well over 60,000 currently , and the local job market isn't what I would call thriving . Lots of the new arrivals are quite elderly and on the dole . I've no ill will against them (or anyone looking for a better life) , but cannot help but wonder - are they here because they're White ?

It would seem to be a bit of a double-standard .

D.~
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 11:32 AM

When I did a solar installation near Tecate CA. I wondered why the "indocumentos" insisted on vandalizing the well pump and generator as they passed through. Every day the area was strewn with Oxxo drink cups and Gigante shopping bags so the individuals were not from the US.

We left the uphill pipe spigot in place which allowed the flow of around 300 gallons, but that does not explain broken spark plugs and distributor caps, and panels ripped off the generator. My customer's son was a Special Forces staff sergeant. He brought some illumination flares and trip wire flash-bank-like grenades. That night after him spending several hours rigging the trap I was awakened a few minutes after midnight by a tremendous concussion.

The vandalism stopped at least for the following nine days. The house is at least a quarter mile from the well. The grenade (tied way the hell and gone up an oak tree), and the flash grenade tied to the 20' high derrick over the well seemed to work. It takes just a few punks to give great ammunition to the anti indocumentos crowd.

But fleeing Mexican justice is not a small nor an insignificant matter. Too many scumbags cross into the USA. There are no easy answers IMHO.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 11:35 AM

My best Mexican friend in Mexico comes here all the time for purchasing supplies and electronics for his business in Mexico. Obviously, he did what was required to get the visa needed for this.

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 11:43 AM

A few weeks back, standing in the Ped Line coming back
to the US at TJ, was a young guy, Mex National who was
using his new Border crossing card, took him 7 yrs. to
get. No borders, can't get behind that
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nye
Keepin up with local border news we see protesters either deported or "anchor baby" now in U.S services webnews afterpost-sayin no amnesty they r the intuders - so now why again r we here n Baja not
intruding here?

Can someone please translate that to English for me?

Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
I'm for humans being able to traverse borders, and the sharing of cultures. I think the bashing stuff you see on tv and hear on radio is meant to sell advertising.

That's a total BS statement Jon and I'm surprised to hear it from you.

There are too many documented incidents of abuse for you to have a closed mind on this subject.

BP agents not charged because the people they killed died in another country, one, unarmed, with six shots IN THE BACK are just two examples. I could give you two hundred and you know it.

"The addiction to the pleasure and excitement of power and authority is far more heinous to all humans than any drug. Those who exercise their inimical addiction to power and authority are committing acts of destruction on the entire nation.

Cops are addicted to the (find) they have tunnel vision and get a heavy dopamine and adrenalin rush when they find something in your car or on you. Like money, drugs or what ever. They are very, very sick people with a need for control and to dominate over any satiation they force themselves into."
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by apple
Quote:
Originally posted by Nye
intruding here?

Can someone please translate that to English for me?

haha
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Based on my limited data it does seem that the US makes it really difficult for Mexicans to visit the US vs the ease Mexico makes it for us. For example the daughter of a very successful motel/restaurant owner here in Huatabampito was denied a visa because she was single?? Eventually when her parents decided to visit and they applied as a family she was approved. I know several other legal Mexicans working in the US that have similar stories where a family member living and working in Mexico (with no desire to relocate to the US) can't can't a visa to visit relatives in the US. We have to find the answer for illegal immigration but I'm not sure that denying visas to those who want to visit/vacation in the US helps.

So true.... I know people who have been denied for being single as well, even though they were students or had a good job.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2014 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
If you lived near the border or work in the landscape industry, it isn't hard at all to understand why the rules are different for each country.

Not all, but a large percentage of:

Americans going south into Mexico:
1) Use the legal border crossing
2) Bring enough money or supplies to support themselves in Mexico
3) Bring additional money to spend at Mexican businesses

Mexican going north into the USA:
1) Cross illegally and avoid or attack the border patrol
2) Have little or no money for what they need.
3) Need to work at American businesses to survive and send money back to Mexico.

Not saying I agree or disagree, I am saying the reason why the rules are harder on the good, legal Mexicans... the bad apples spoil it for the good ones!

what a BS statement. There are more legal crossers going North than illegal...just sit in line at the border

and I know of more than a few illegal crossers going south (as we all do).

Lets use some common sense here:lol::lol:
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.