BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How's easter shaping up in Mexico ?
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 08:07 AM
How's easter shaping up in Mexico ?

Beaches starting to fill up ? Anybody on the Roads ? Price of seafood go up a bit ?

I'm stuck up here in the snowy mountains ... How about some baja up dates from those of you in mexico

Always loved easter week everyone having a good time . Lots of new friends .

:tumble:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 08:31 AM

In the last two days, I've been to the beach area we are going to camp out for two nights this coming week. So far, it's only 2-3 tents in about a mile of beach. But I expect an influx today. By Thursday, finding a spot on the sand might be tough. Will report back later.

This will be the first year we will be camping with the throngs. And I do mean throngs. Conservatively speaking, 100,000+ people sometimes descend on San Carlos, Sonora. People from all over Sonora and even northern Baja come here. The streets are wall to wall people and the cruisers are bumper to bumper for two nights; Friday and Saturday. We enjoy walking with all the young people and they are remarkably well behaved and courteous.

Our camping nights will be Wed and Thur and will head back to the house for the weekend, so we can join the street revelry. We considered loading up the truck camper but decided to do it the way all the Mexicans will; shade structures, tents, ice chests and outdoor kitchen.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 08:33 AM

Beautiful area. Do they still have that Club Med there?
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 08:37 AM

It's still there but it hasnt been a Club Med in many years. Now, it's a poorly run hotel owned by a Dutch family. But they have the only real grass field in the area and that's where we play softball each week.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 08:42 AM

I was there with my husband around the year 2000. It was very nice. There was virtually no one on the beach when we were there.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 08:56 AM
Today is Domingo Ramos

Palm Sunday is first day of Semana Santo

Bob Durrell
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 09:04 AM

People are pouring in here in SMA.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 09:24 AM

We were planning to drive down to BA this weekend and stay until Friday, but change our minds when some friends told us to stay away from the roads because our normal drive will be increased by about 4 hours.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-13-2014 at 09:48 AM

Udo, never let friends keep you from going to Baja! My kids and I always went to Baja for Easter vacation, and that was before Americans were made afraid of Mexico and went south for the holiday. Never had problems or found hours added to drive times... We went to Bahia de los Angeles usually.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2014 at 05:50 PM

hey david,

are you coming down this week? if you need a place to stay, I can set you up.
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2014 at 02:28 PM

Just went by the beach about an hour ago. My "secret" spot is still available!

The truck and the jeep are loaded up with the gear, including dropping the load range E tires to a dangerously low 20 psi:

Frisbees, check.
Baseball gloves, check.
Testicle toss, check.
Horseshoes, check.
Surf-fishing gear, check.

-Got the Heb dogs and the chili ready.

-The killer heirloom tom salad with the rice wine vinegar, the cucs and the cebolla morada is made.

-The sangrita is steeping.

-Still need to choose the beers, the wines and the tequila.

D-Day and H-Hour approaches for the planned gringo storming of San Francisco beach in San Carlos...........

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.