Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: X-ray scanned my car at MX SY crossing
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 08:21 AM
X-ray scanned my car at MX SY crossing

Yesterday, I crossed s/b at SY about noon, while alone in my big SUV. I was stopped, and politely directed to drive to the x-ray machine which took about 30 minutes to complete. I had to exit my car during the scan. It appeared they entered my name in their system which took half the waiting time. Nothing came of it but it was a first for me going s/b.

I cross several times a week and I have not seen other cars in the x-ray station.

Just for info.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 08:30 AM

This is let you know you're not alone, bajalearner, my rigs have been X-rayed, too. It's happened to me twice. First time with my large motorhome and the second with a fifth wheel RV. My name has been in the system a long time, so the procedure was rather quick.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 08:31 AM

Thanks. Was checking that thing out last weekend and wondering if anyone ever gets sent thru. Now I know it's not just a prop but is actually real.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 08:50 AM

what would they hope to find in an SUV? I can understand looking for people in a large vehicle! (this is a banana truck smuggling some folks)

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 09:11 AM

Smuggling someone INTO Mexico???

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 09:17 AM

guns or ammo?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 09:21 AM

or that extra bottle of tequila?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 09:23 AM
Otay

Had that done at Otay, SB

nandopedal
Nomad

Mood: Negra Modelo

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 09:29 AM

ehall, not only that but also large concealed bundles of cash money, a lot of it gets exchange right there in San Ysidro

\"There are many dangers in Baja. The most serious of which is not going.\" Christophe Noel (EXPO)
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Thanks. Was checking that thing out last weekend and wondering if anyone ever gets sent thru. Now I know it's not just a prop but is actually real.

And what makes you sure about that??? Although, the agent did tell me I lost a filling.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 10:12 AM

Got an old roll of unexposed camera film laying around? Let it go through X ray, peel it off the roll and if it's still black you got a dud.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 10:24 AM

They were stopping everyone southbound on Sunday at SY and asking questions. I had a nice 5-minute discussion that involved being asked several times where I was from. ("Orange County, right?" "Yes, Anaheim." "So Anaheim's in Orange County?") and being asked where I was going and whether I had more than $10,000 cash in my truck. ("No. I've got about $80 and 200 pesos in my wallet.")

You could tell he was waffling on whether to send me off for secondary screening. It was definitely a first for me headed southbound.

Northbound the same day it took nearly 40 minutes through SENTRI at SY, too. Blah!
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 10:35 AM

Walking over a few yrs. back, to bus to La Paz, the
SDPD was just before the ped walkin to TJ, x rayed
my bag, saw a suspicious object, with great care I
pulled out a banana I had for the bus trip
baconjr
Nomad

Mood: Es la vida de perro!

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 06:50 PM

My wife had her car x rayed at Otay and she has a sentri pass.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 07:31 PM

We have SENTRI and crossed at TJ and were pulled over for secondary. We had 8 bottles of Tequila and luckily we hid them all over the cab of my truck. When they looked at our stuff I know they saw at least 4 bottles, but never said anything. When we went to secondary they told me that they had to run it through an xray.

After running the car through the xray, it took them nearly 45 minutes to finally send someone over to examine the car. It was a rather young kid and he told me that most of the time the xray machine does not work, but they still run cars through the system just to get a read from drivers.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 07:45 PM

I went to secondary for three months, and they never found anything. It got to the point, that when they ran my card, the just let me go. One agent got really mad at whoever put my name in the system, and said that their time was being wasted.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
We have SENTRI and crossed at TJ and were pulled over for secondary. We had 8 bottles of Tequila and luckily we hid them all over the cab of my truck. When they looked at our stuff I know they saw at least 4 bottles, but never said anything. When we went to secondary they told me that they had to run it through an xray.

Why bring 8 bottles thru while having SENTRI? Not worth losing it. Especially after the government reads this.

:lol::lol:

cocoscabana
Junior Nomad

Mood: Que sera, sera!!!

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 08:59 PM

When we were crossing the border between Canada and the US at Sumas/Huntingdon in BC, the border agent started asking questions regarding our medical history. Had we been to the doctor recently? Were we taking any medications? Had we had any radiation treatment? He then told us that a sensor had alerted him to something, and that we should go to secondary.

At secondary, they used a geiger counter on us, up and down our arms and legs, back and front. They then asked for the truck keys and did a search of the RV. We then saw the truck disappearing around the building , and our first thought was that the border agents had confiscated it!!! Soon they brought it back, and we saw the guard go digging in one of the side compartments. He came back into the building with a plastic bag, and asked my esposo why he had an altimeter in the truck. Now...my esposo used to own an airplane, and he had forgotten to remove it from the truck. As it turns out, luckily he had an "Old Pilots do it in the sky" t shirt on!!! so he could explain why! The altimeter had fluorescent numbers on it so that it would glow in the dark, and they were emitting a low amount of radiation! The border guard wrote up a report which we had to sign, and let us continue our journey!!!!
bajalearner
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2014 at 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue

Why bring 8 bottles thru while having SENTRI? Not worth losing it. Especially after the government reads this.

:lol::lol:

Yeah, be careful. Don't loose SENTRI. Do Like me and drink 6 bottles and throw the empties out the window. : (
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 09:43 AM

My last trip down in March, they scanned my RV. That was the first time for me.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.