BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Confirmed Sighting Cerca Bahía Asunción
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:36 AM
Confirmed Sighting Cerca Bahía Asunción

Tejón Mexicána

Mexican badger. Sin Rayas. Without white stripes.

Large, fat, sassy, full of fight. Crossed road. We stopped. It turned around on the shoulder and charged forward a couple of feet, teeth bared and hissing.

4 KM outside town headed toward Vizcaino, crossing left to right across highway.

Nice to see something different. This critter was -fat- and healthy. And had one hell of an attitude.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 11:40 AM

Of course David. He just finished a burrito de carne asada supremo!! (with sour cream, avocado, and refried beans) and of course of few shots of tequila.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:11 PM

Those are some tough critters and very smart ... good find :):)

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:12 PM

Hand feed it, did we Dra? You of all people should know aguacate is deadly to a Tejón. Probably fed the SOB chipotle. No wonder it hissed. Probably wandered off, farted, which knocked down a perfectly good fence.

Seeing this badger was a delight. Especially out in an area so bleak it makes the Kalahari look like a rain forest.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:15 PM

good find. we see them on the beach every once in a while (or the dog does) as they are going after shell fish.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:18 PM

Ha Ha at first I was hoping someone had spotted an alien climbing out of his UFO to go fishing at Shari's Place!! After all she is world and other world renowned!!
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 12:26 PM

Fish? Here? Shirley you jest!

There's more "fish" in the Fleishhacker Zoo swimming pool in San Francisco, than there is around here, right now. At the moment, B.A. is a great place to come and do nothing. The depressed fishing industry has really affected businesses. Things are so comatose the dogs don't even get to their feet to bark...

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 01:13 PM

Oh the %$&*!! dogs were on their feet in the moonlight in THIS neighborhood last night!!!

What a great thing to see. On Sunday heading in to Viz. a couple of miles before the Tortugas intersection I saw my first Berrendo crossing r to l. It is SO bleak out there. Only as far east as Ejido Guillermo Prieto the desert is much prettier and many more birds and bunnies.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 01:52 PM

Badgers are kool critters....On our ranch road one day a Momma and three babies popped up out of the ditch in front of my pickup. Momma squatted hissed and bluff charged the truck until the babies were safe across....All of our dogs learned quick who was boss..Thanks for sharing Davide

OCEANUS
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 09:08 PM

I saw one once just after dark on the dirt road leading into Las Animas. It emerged from some plants on the side of the road and ran in front of my truck for about 10 yards before turning back into the desert. I wasn't quite sure what it was at first because it was so low to the ground, and had a wide body. Despite this odd body shape, that thing was moving fast.
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Fish? Here? Shirley you jest!

There's more "fish" in the Fleishhacker Zoo swimming pool in San Francisco, than there is around here, right now. At the moment, B.A. is a great place to come and do nothing. The depressed fishing industry has really affected businesses. Things are so comatose the dogs don't even get to their feet to bark...

There has not been a Fleishhacker Zoo swimming pool in S.F. since 2000 when it was filled in for a parking lot.....sounds like a song,LOL

I hear the whales song
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 08:16 AM

Back in the early sixties I saw one charge a grizzly bear. Got underneath and I suspect the word "lube job" does not enter the picture. The grizzly jumped up into the air with the badger attached. My uncle, dad and brother were laughing until tears flowed. I don't know how it turned out. The bear disappeared into the quaking aspens and lodgepole pines. Could hear crashing for a minute or so. Left a lasting impression.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Tejón Mexicána

Mexican badger. Sin Rayas. Without white stripes.

Large, fat, sassy, full of fight. Crossed road. We stopped. It turned around on the shoulder and charged forward a couple of feet, teeth bared and hissing.

4 KM outside town headed toward Vizcaino, crossing left to right across highway.

Nice to see something different. This critter was -fat- and healthy. And had one hell of an attitude.

Did it look like this?

Bob Durrell
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 5-16-2014 at 03:15 PM

Speaking of the Kalahari

Had been looking at them after seeing this

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.