Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Friday Luncheons with Teens
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2014 at 09:01 PM
Friday Luncheons with Teens

Every year I get together with the future college scholarship recipients - twice a week during their recess for English class and a quick mentoring

and every Friday as of last Friday, we shall get together and COOK!

This way they learn how since none of them has ever made food before and I also take the opportunity to teach some basics about nutrition and eating you veggies. Last week we made lasagna, carrots and a cucumber salad - everything was really delicious.

CAROLINA WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR BOILING THE CARROTS

RAMIRO SEASONED THE CUKE SALAD:

ENRIQUE AND ALEN PUT TOGETHER THE LASAGNA:

THEY ALL ATE:

JULIAN,ONE OF THE BOYS WHO WENT THRU THIS PROCESS 2 YEARS AGO AND IS NOW A COLLEGE SOPHOMORE, CAME BY AS WELL TO GIVE THEM TIPS ON HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN COLLEGE. HIS INPUT WAS INVALUABLE!

YOURS TRULY SERVED EVERYONE ICE CREAM:

AND I LET THEM DECIDE WHO WOULD DO THE DISHES AND THE BOYS DID THEM....I GOTTA TELL YA, THESE KIDS DID GREAT CONSIDERING THEY HAD NEVER TOUCHED AN ONION BEFORE, NOR DONE DISHES ........I AM EXTREMELY PROUD OF THEM:

IT WAS A SUPER AFTERNOON AND THIS FRIDAY WE WILL BE MAKING CHICKEN CURRY,SO STAY TUNED.

I NEED DRESS SHIRTS AND TIES FOR THE BOYS. THIS IS AN OFFICIAL SHOUT OUT. TWO WEAR SMALL AND ONE WEARS MEDIUM. CLOTHES CAN BE DROPPED OFF AT MOM'S IN SAN DIEGO OR EVEN BETTER, COME VISIT US AND MAKE THE DROP OFF YOURSELF. COME ON A FRIDAY AND THE KIDS WILL COOK FOR YOU!

[Edited on 10-2-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-2-2014 at 07:02 AM

good for you amiga...teaching kids about nutrition and cooking is really important as well as getting the muchachos to clean up after...something mexican men need to learn!!!! Now, if you could get them to eat brown rice and whole wheat stuff that would be a bonus...one day at a time or should I say one meal at a time!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2014 at 10:18 AM

As always, great job!

We will be driving down to la paz end of october or early november and will bring some supplies for the kids.

Make it a Great Day!!
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-2-2014 at 11:37 AM

Great Job, Blanca!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

DocRey
Nomad

Mood: Cautiously Optimistic

[*] posted on 10-2-2014 at 08:35 PM

Very nice.:bounce:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2014 at 08:47 PM

Blanca, you really do good things for your community. :yes:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2014 at 04:02 AM

thanks all!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Every year I get together with the future college scholarship recipients - twice a week during their recess for English class and a quick mentoring

and every Friday as of last Friday, we shall get together and COOK!

This way they learn how since none of them has ever made food before and I also take the opportunity to teach some basics about nutrition and eating you veggies. Last week we made lasagna, carrots and a cucumber salad - everything was really delicious.

CAROLINA WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR BOILING THE CARROTS

RAMIRO SEASONED THE CUKE SALAD:

ENRIQUE AND ALEN PUT TOGETHER THE LASAGNA:

THEY ALL ATE:

JULIAN,ONE OF THE BOYS WHO WENT THRU THIS PROCESS 2 YEARS AGO AND IS NOW A COLLEGE SOPHOMORE, CAME BY AS WELL TO GIVE THEM TIPS ON HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN COLLEGE. HIS INPUT WAS INVALUABLE!

YOURS TRULY SERVED EVERYONE ICE CREAM:

AND I LET THEM DECIDE WHO WOULD DO THE DISHES AND THE BOYS DID THEM....I GOTTA TELL YA, THESE KIDS DID GREAT CONSIDERING THEY HAD NEVER TOUCHED AN ONION BEFORE, NOR DONE DISHES ........I AM EXTREMELY PROUD OF THEM:

IT WAS A SUPER AFTERNOON AND THIS FRIDAY WE WILL BE MAKING CHICKEN CURRY,SO STAY TUNED.

I NEED DRESS SHIRTS AND TIES FOR THE BOYS. THIS IS AN OFFICIAL SHOUT OUT. TWO WEAR SMALL AND ONE WEARS MEDIUM. CLOTHES CAN BE DROPPED OFF AT MOM'S IN SAN DIEGO OR EVEN BETTER, COME VISIT US AND MAKE THE DROP OFF YOURSELF. COME ON A FRIDAY AND THE KIDS WILL COOK FOR YOU!

[Edited on 10-2-2014 by BajaBlanca]

It looks like Alan is confused in the 2nd pic, he thinks the carrots are on Carolina's assets..... Just an observation:lol::lol::lol: Boys will be....

[Edited on 10-4-2014 by luv2fish]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2014 at 05:33 PM

He might very well be doing that! She is very pretty !

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.