Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: KIDS PARTIES LUNCHES AND DONATIONS
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2014 at 07:12 PM
KIDS PARTIES LUNCHES AND DONATIONS

Here goes a long post because yesterday was a very long and wonderful day.

I have two high school groups and they were both giving me headaches ...not cooperating, not concentrating and too many clowns. So, I told the 10th and 11th graders that if they behaved for me and for the other teachers, I would give them a PARTY. I would even make brownies if they were extra good.

The 11th graders got a party minus brownies. I made a chocolate cake, a lemon cake and a key lime pie. My goal was to really reach the kids and I believe I succeeded, which made me mucho happy!

From school, the students who are part of the scholarship program came over to the hotel. The menu was spaghetti, tomato salad, cole slaw and carrots with ice cream and homemade applesauce for dessert. This time I gave them index cards and they are now creating a recipe box.

MAKING APPLESAUCE:

SITTING AT THE TABLE WHERE WE ALSO USED THE MOMENT FOR LEARING ABOUT TABLE MANNERS - ESP. THE ELBOWS ON THE TABLE hahahaha

THE TABLE AFTER CLEANUP:

AFTER LUNCH WE HAD A POWWOW ON EMILIA. I READ THEM HER LAST LETTER AND THEY WERE DULY IMPRESSED!

AFTER THAT WE WENT TO DO OUR CIVIC DUTY AND CLEANED UP LITTER AROUND LA BOCANA:

WHEN WE WERE DONE I DROVE THE 4 WHO LIVE IN PUNTA ABREOJOS HOME AND THIS IS WHAT WE SAW ALONG THE WAY!

ON MY WAY BACK I PICKED UP TRASH THAT WAS ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD - SOME OF IT HAD ALREADY BEEN PILED UP BUT NO ONE HAD PUT IT IN A TRASHBAG,SO I DID AND BROUGHT IT TO LA BOCANA. THE BAGS WERE WAAAAY TOO HEAVY TO LIFT SO I LEFT THEM RIGHT CLOSE TO THE GARBAGE TRUCK:

FROM THERE OUR FRIENDBRUCE FROM CANADA SHOWED UP, SO WE DECIDED TO ALL GO TO THE CABANAS RESTAURANT TO CELEBRATE. AS SOON AS WE PULL UP, OUR GUEST OF OVER 5 YEARS COMING TO US PULLS UP TOO AND SAYS HE HAS A DONATION OF NOTEBOOKS, PENS AND PENCILS FOR THE KIDS!

DIEGO CAME YEARS AGO FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IN TALKING TO HIM, I REALIZED HE HAD A VERY UPBEAT WAY OF COMMUNICATING, SO I ASKED HIM TO GO TO THE HIGH SCHOOL AND TALK TO THE SENIORS ABOUT COLLEGE AND CREDIT CARDS. IT WAS A GREAT TALK AND HE WAS UP FRONT AND PERSONAL ABOUT HOW EASY IT IS TO GET INTO FINANCIAL TROUBLE WITH CREDIT CARDS.

SO HERE HE IS YEARS LATER, NOW COMING WITH HIS WIFE,AND BEARING WONDERFUL GIFTS:

NOW BRUCE WENT WAY OUT OF HIS WAY TO STOP BY MY MOM'S HOUSE IN SAN DIEGO TO BRING ME A SUITCASE SHE BOUGHT SECOND HAND FOR THE KIDS WHO WILL BE GOING OFF TO COLLEGE (I NEED 5 MORE IF YOU HAVE ANY SITTING AROUND) AND THIS SUITCASE WAS FUUUUUUULLLL OF GOODIES FOR THE KIDS (I AM GEARING UP FOR XMAS ALREADY)....WE ARE TALKING DRESS SHIRTS, SHORTS, AND OF COURSE SCHOOL SUPPLIES.

AND HERE WE ARE CELEBRATING BRUCE'S COMING AND LIFE WITH THE DELICIOUS AND WELL DESERVED MARGARITAS.

IT WAS A MOST FULFILLING DAY.....BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT TODAY,SATURDAY, AS THE HAIRDRESSER WAS BLOW DRYING MY HAIR, I LITERALLY FELL ASLEEP ON THE CHAIR!

[Edited on 10-12-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.