Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cruise Ship in La Paz... Goose that lays the golden eggs
CaboSur
Nomad

Mood: Irrelevant

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 06:53 AM
Cruise Ship in La Paz... Goose that lays the golden eggs

Copied from Peninsular digital.mx today NOV 6
La Paz, Baja California Sur. - A few hours of the discovery of a body with signs of torture
the violence claimed three more victims, this time a child of 7 years of age.

It was at about 7 45 in the evening that the firearms returned to impose its law, very near
the base of the third Military Zone in Durango and may 5.

the area is roped off, and the wounded wre treated at the Hospital of the ISSSTE.
Fortunately, the 7 year old, name of Isaac, is reported out of danger since the gun shot in the leg did not touch any artery.

the governor of the State came to the hospital accompanied by the first lady to "offer all the help you need".

The child is the first collateral victim of the wave of violence for the last 3 months has hit the capital of the state.

The PGJE "is identifing , location and apprehension of the or the probable culprits of this act"

Hopefully the violence in La Paz will not jeopardize the goose that lays the golden eggs. The Cruise Ships are exactly the type of tourism needed in the capital to revive the economy
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 07:08 AM

Cruise ships are great for the economy if you don't mind seeing your town turned into a giant trinket mall.

[Edited on 11-6-2014 by monoloco]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 08:07 AM

cruise ships=goose w golden eggs?¿?¿ Those kinda tourists come with 1 pair of undies and a twenty dollar bill. They rarely change either one.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chippy
cruise ships=goose w golden eggs?¿?¿ Those kinda tourists come with 1 pair of undies and a twenty dollar bill. They rarely change either one.

I would be interested to hear which cruise ships you familiarize yourself with?
CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
?¿?¿ Those kinda tourists come with 1 pair of undies and a twenty dollar bill. They rarely change either one.

I though that was surfers.

[Edited on 11-6-2014 by CP]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-6-2014 at 11:45 AM

I have been in Ensenada a few times when the cruise ships come in and puke out the hordes of tourists that are often loudmouthed, looking to get drunk at 11:00 AM in disco bars, and thinking a straw sombrero is a cultural necessity.

I have told my friends to stab me in the eye with a rusty fork if I ever agree to take a cruise.....

Oh, I am sure their are good cruise patrons....just hard to notice them amongst the hordes of Walmartians wearing white socks in their sandals...:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:

I would be interested to hear which cruise ships you familiarize yourself with?

I´m familiar with the Puerto Vallarta cruise ships. Its funny to watch the obese hordes shuffling over to the Walmart for a cultural experience. I don´t see that helping the local economy at all but hey maybe I´m missing something?
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CP
Quote:
?¿?¿ Those kinda tourists come with 1 pair of undies and a twenty dollar bill. They rarely change either one.

I though that was surfers.

[Edited on 11-6-2014 by CP]

NEVER wear undies w/trunks! :biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 10:11 AM

Maybe you should read this. Others took a different view.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=76217

[Edited on 11-7-2014 by TW]
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 01:52 PM

Be careful what you wish for! La Paz seems to be flourishing the last few years w/o Big tourism. It's nice to walk the Malecon or visit the beaches with few tourists. Feels like it is Back to the Future. A very different vibe than in the towns of Cancun, PV, Cabo San Loco. Buena Onda. Tio :coolup:
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2014 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
I have been in Ensenada a few times when the cruise ships come in and puke out the hordes of tourists that are often loudmouthed, looking to get drunk at 11:00 AM in disco bars, and thinking a straw sombrero is a cultural necessity.

I have told my friends to stab me in the eye with a rusty fork if I ever agree to take a cruise.....

Oh, I am sure their are good cruise patrons....just hard to notice them amongst the hordes of Walmartians wearing white socks in their sandals...:biggrin:

First, there are cruise ships and there are cruise ships. Some huge and relatively inexpensive ( which seem to frequent Cabo ports) and the smaller wore expensive ones that go to very interesting places.

A few years ago Ms Odd and I took a Princess Cruise on a ship that only held 700 passengers. We went into the Black Sea, got to visit Yalta and Odessa. Not to mention stops in Greece, Turkey and Romania.

Problem is that the ship that visit Cabo ports are behemoths carrying up to 4000 passengers.

That said, fact is that in the scheme of things, very few vessels actually come into La Paz.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.