Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HSBC ATM'S
cerritosguy
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 10:10 AM
HSBC ATM'S

4 weeks ago i went to cabo 1st trip of the season and tried to w/d some money to do all the necessary things when arriving in BCS for 5 months..bank machine in cabo debited my acct but never gave me any money..in typical mexican fashion when i asked the teller at the HSBC bank they blamed it on my bank acct despite numerous others having the same problem..the ATM was out of money!..my bank is traceing it but its been 3 weeks and say 6 weeks to find my money..these ATM's cannot be trusted in mexico
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 10:22 AM

Same thing happened to me in Nebraska....

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 10:27 AM

What is the maximum amount you can exchange at a casa de cambio?
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 11:35 AM

Our USA bank refunded to us in a similar situation. They said the fee you pay for the transaction is part of an agreement among banks to remedy these errors. We were refunded immediately, then the banks work it out. Contact a supervisor in your bank.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by norte
What is the maximum amount you can exchange at a casa de cambio?

I don't think there is a maximum. They are in business to change money. I guess there could be government imposed limits in the US but probably not in MX.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
tobianogreg
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2014 at 02:29 PM

I've had the same thing happen several times at HSBC SJD. Our bank has always refunded within a couple of days. I quickly learned there was no point in talking to the HSBC employees as they couldn't do anything about it. Always, always print out a receipt.
theotherone
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2014 at 12:09 AM

I would personally contact HSBC immediately & file a complaint, they should be able to recover any missing amounts via their insurance. The same thing happened to me while traveling in Morocco, my credit union/bank (ie. Logix) was able to refund me any missing amounts.

In general I don't use HSBC due to their unreasonable withdrawal fees, therefore I tend use credit unions and/or banks that refund foreign withdrawal fees.
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2014 at 06:34 PM

Interestingly, when I used HSBC ATM twice in the past two weeks, they no longer charge me a comision and the IVA is .01 peso.

One cash withdrawal was in Ensenada ($4,000 mxn) and the other in La Paz ($5,000 mxn).

Always in past years the comision and IVA would be somewhere around 30 pesos.

Anyone have an explanation? Not that I'm complaining of course!

"I'm too young to be this old!"
CaboSur
Nomad

Mood: Irrelevant

[*] posted on 11-26-2014 at 08:04 PM

I heard HSBC dropped the fee because of Odile, for how long i don't know.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.