Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Immigration swept thru Pt. Chivato
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 07:28 AM
Immigration swept thru Pt. Chivato

Imagration came thru here the other day and most if us were told we had to update out Visas quickly. I have the book type inmigrado visa and I have to go in and apply for the new card. Those with the original cards also have to upgrade to the new card. They want around $500usd plus if you plan to go north while they process your card they want another $100 for a letter stating they are working on the update. Anyone else getting this treatment or is this just a typical Xmas blitz to get money from the gringos again? I thought imagration was where we were suppose to go when we thought we were being miss treated:fire:
edit spell check :rolleyes:

[Edited on 12-11-2014 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 07:33 AM

I may be missing something here? Is your Visa still good and in force? If it is why would you have to do anything until renewal time? if its not, they gotcha....More info please..

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 07:44 AM

Are you saying your old FM-2 is no good? Yearly renewal would have been up anyway.

or are you saying that your permanent resident card (NO BOOK) was no good?
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 01:18 PM

Russ,
Sounds like you already went through the whole process that was in place and got your immigrado .. which was the last stage in the process with much expense and years of torture...
With the new immigration laws that procedure is not used anymore to get the Permante Resident...
Our local office in Sta. Rosalia is now telling you that you need to turn in your immigrado and get the permanent card... I don't know if anyone ever saw this one coming... along with the $500 more cost...
There should be somewhere you can research if this is fact... Or get in touch with Nadia (an attorney in Mulege) and see if she knows if this is the case...
We know several with Immigrado status and none have said this has happened to them...
And why would it take $500 to move from Immigrado status to permanent resident status "The same status I thought."
Good luck on this one... Might check with the consulate where the process starts now.....

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 03:56 PM

http://www.inm.gob.mx/

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 04:10 PM

Mulegena, Looks like the info I want regarding the "new law" has not been updated since 2013. They want me to surrender my FM-2 book with the inmigrado page for the "new" card. New to bring all new documents they required when getting inmigrado years ago. Oh Boy!

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 04:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Mulegena, Looks like the info I want regarding the "new law" has not been updated since 2013. They want me to surrender my FM-2 book with the inmigrado page for the "new" card. New to bring all new documents they required when getting inmigrado years ago. Oh Boy!

Russ. I do not understand. If you got immigrado, your book would have been kept by Mexico City. They would have issued you a card and letter. At least that is what they were doing for years and did for us out of Santa Rosalia 15 years ago.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 05:34 PM

Yep you can't have a FM2 book and be inmigrado. Supposedly if you are inmigrado getting a new PR replacement card should be almost free... It can not cost the full rate.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 06:04 PM

As this affects a lot of people, as I read what Russ said, it sounds like they told him that if someone had the original card, they still need to pay the full rate for a new card.

gnukid, you think it should be almost free.

Has anyone replaced the old immigrado card for the new one yet?

Good luck Russ --- nobody likes these types of surprises.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 06:11 PM

I don't know Diana...I have never heard of a "book type" immigrado card.

I am wondering if something fell through the cracks.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 06:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
I don't know Diana...I have never heard of a "book type" immigrado card.

I am wondering if something fell through the cracks.

I guess I read it differently than you did. I know Russ says he still has the old book, but I thought he also mentioned the cards others have that were issued under the old immigrado status.

If those need to be replaced with the new one, how much will it cost? And as we found out in the past, the answer can be different in different offices even though they should be exactly the same. :)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 06:16 PM

sigh .... good luck Russ.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 06:19 PM

I guess. but my ten years were all with Santa Rosalia as well... oh well good luck.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 06:27 PM

I bet it will cost whatever the guy behind the counter says it will cost. It seems, lately, the Mexico is trying to kill the Golden Goose, with fees and new regulations.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 07:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Yep you can't have a FM2 book and be inmigrado.
Huh? I have for years and never been questioned...

There's a special page at the end of my FM-2 book covering the inmigrado status.

Ok haven't heard of this. It's absolutely incorrect to carry an expired visa, but if that is the only proof of inmigrado then that's it. INM have clearly stated that inmigrado is = permanent resident, that you will have the opportunity for the PR card if you choose but not required. Of course all things change. But why would you have to pay the full fare, that's crazy, mexico is crazy.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 07:42 PM

Sta. Rosalia office: The boss is Javier, not Enrique or Pilar.
Speak only with him.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2014 at 07:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mulegena  
Sta. Rosalia office: The boss is Javier, not Enrique or Pilar.
Speak only with him.

I dealt with all of them and never had a problem. Always helpful...but that was many years ago.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2014 at 01:51 PM

Per IMN site...

Change of "status" should only be $1,000mp

"Imagrado" should be updated to "Permanent Resident", per the new system.. I would argue the new $3,850mp fee for card..

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2014 at 02:29 PM

Almost afraid to call Javier and find out if we are supposed to get new cards. first I have heard of it. I assume our letter from Mexico City is still good, but then again...no assumptions in Mexico.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2014 at 04:40 PM

Russ, I have a good friend in Mulege and they called Jim Christopher with the embassy office and he is checking into the legality of this deal. His interpretation is that if you had inmagrado, you were done and did not need to change to Resident Permanente. This is the only office that this direction is coming from so someone needs to check with Mexico City and see if this is the real deal. It is looking very suspicious at this point.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.