BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: extra pemex increase jan 1st.
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 12-28-2014 at 06:20 PM
extra pemex increase jan 1st.

I see Pemex will add a " one time " LOL.. gas increase of 3% plus it usual 9 centavo first of the month increase..........

http://www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php?zona=yucatan&idSecci...

[Edited on 12-29-2014 by bajagrouper]

I hear the whales song
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 12-28-2014 at 06:24 PM

Mi Espnaniol es horrible'....what does that calculate out to in pesos per litre?

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-28-2014 at 06:24 PM

let the revolution begin!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2014 at 06:27 PM

like always, they got it and we need it!:(
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2014 at 07:09 PM

Dang,
Just saw diesel in Colorado under $3.00 a gallon and unleaded regular at $1.90 and these prices have .38 cents/gallon road tax in them
looking fwd to headin south out of the frozen hills to warmer weather but not lookin fwd to fillin the fuel tank...

Minus 11 yesterday morning so the firewood pile is dwindling...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-28-2014 at 07:47 PM

A rough translation on pricing:

In this sense, the price of gasoline Magna will have cost this year end 13.31 to 13.70 pesos in 2015; in the case of the premium, the price will increase from 14.11 to 14.53 pesos, and so will the diesel, which will go from 13.94 to 14.53 pesos.

It appears that this annual increase will replace the monthly increases. But it is far more than the past annual total of all the monthly increases.

This is getting ridiculous.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-28-2014 at 09:35 PM

Seems like it's a plan to drive us out? With all the other issues, makes a guy wonder...

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 03:44 AM

Good point, I guess I wonder when they will stop, if ever...AND we all know when the dollar "normalizes" again the prices wont drop...

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 04:15 AM

The brunt of this is on the backs of the Mexicanos. We can afford it. If you have to ask if you can, you can't. Inconvenience yes. Ever seen a gringo pull up to the pump and put in 50 pesos of fuel in their Ranger yet?

Also, with the devaluation of the peso and the fuel increase(s) I haven't seen any mention of a National COLA for Mexican citizens. I'm getting one.

[Edited on 12-29-2014 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 07:43 AM

Mexico needs to get money from some place. A huge proportion of the labor is done for cash, so income tax is dismal.
Ohhh well.....waddayagonnado?
I feel for the middle class. I mean...have you seen what they pay for groceries?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 07:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

let the revolution begin!

Years too late for that.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 10:02 AM

Mi computer posted my post again.....:lol:

[Edited on 12-29-2014 by Sweetwater]

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 10:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

In this sense, the price of gasoline Magna will have cost this year end 13.31 to 13.70 pesos in 2015; in the case of the premium, the price will increase from 14.11 to 14.53 pesos, and so will the diesel, which will go from 13.94 to 14.53 pesos.

It appears that this annual increase will replace the monthly increases. But it is far more than the past annual total of all the monthly increases.

This is getting ridiburrous.

Let's see: Dec 2014 price =13.31p/liter = 50.31 pesos/US gal and on Dec 5th the peso/$ exchange rate was at 14.33 which means the $cost/gal was $3.51.

Now with the Jan. 2015price increased to 13.70p / liter = 51.78 p/US gal but todays peso/$ exchange rate is at 14.71 so the $cost/ gal is now $3.52 (a whole 1 cent increase).

Bob Durrell
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 12:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  

It's hard on folks making $150MXN/day.

No kidding. Next time you're at the Pemex, check out the number of pumps that have clicked off at 50 or 60 pesos.

Saw an article a few years back (2007ish) which compared the average US off-freeway gas station purchase to the neighborhood's poverty rate. Incredibly close correlation between low median purchase amount and high poverty rate.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 02:10 PM

Given the numbers that durrellrobert posted, I wonder if the one cent (US) increase is a coincidence, or an attempt to tie the fuel price to the dollar instead of peso? It has to be frustrating to the Mexican people that when the government owned commodity loses value on the international market, they stick it to their domestic customers in order to maintain the revenue stream!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 02:20 PM

I guess $3.50 isn't too bad for me to be on vacation chasing fish and surf for 5 days.

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 02:37 PM
And so it starts...

The sale of fuel in Mexico will change dramatically in the next couple of years. Pemex has organized a series of events to take place in order to prepare Mexico for the incursion of foreign Petrol companies to be allowed to sell their fuel in Mexico starting 2017.

Amongst those changes, starting January 2015 Pemex will no longer set a fixed final price to the public on fuel, instead, they will set a "Maximum" final price and every gas station owner will be free to set their own price, as long as it is not higher than the Maximum allowed by the Mexican Government.

This is what we are seeing happening on January 1st... the increase of 3% on fuel to the public is been authorized as the "Maximum" allowed price during 2015. Supposedly no more monthly increases.

And so it begins...

Antonio M.

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 02:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
I guess $3.50 isn't too bad for me to be on vacation chasing fish and surf for 5 days.
Well, it really sucks if you live here.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 02:44 PM

BajaCactus, Thanks for the info! Many people like me are willing to offer an opinion or best guess, but it is refreshing to get an actual answer!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 12-29-2014 at 03:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

This is getting ridiburrous.

Let's see: Dec 2014 price =13.31p/liter = 50.31 pesos/US gal and on Dec 5th the peso/$ exchange rate was at 14.33 which means the $cost/gal was $3.51.

Now with the Jan. 2015price increased to 13.70p / liter = 51.78 p/US gal but todays peso/$ exchange rate is at 14.71 so the $cost/ gal is now $3.52 (a whole 1 cent increase).

Why would you use a Dec 5th peso price,today is Dec 29th, the peso is 14.71 and in 2 days the price will be up 3%, not 1 cent.
guess we will have to wait 2 days and see what the exchange rate is then and what price per liter is........
Glad my new Subaru is getting 35 MPG here in Mexico.........

[Edited on 12-29-2014 by bajagrouper]

I hear the whales song
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.