BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: THANK YOU MESSAGE from Penny ADDED.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 10:24 PM
THANK YOU MESSAGE from Penny ADDED.

It is with very heavy heart I report this. Penny's husband, Murray had a fatal heart attack this morning. He was the quiet one who stayed more in the background, but did so much for the Grandpas and loved them all and he was Penny's rock. We loved him as we love Penny.

I only post this because I know that some of you have met Penny and witnessed how much she and Murray have given. I thought you would want to know.

Through Talk Baja, I summoned some local help for her as she really needs it, and some people there have stepped up beautifully for the time being. Damn, I have not been this sad in a very long time.

Please, those of you who have had the pleasure of meeting Penny at her Grandpa's home, keep her in your thoughts. She has given so much. The expenses involved are growing, and she is keeping it simple as Murray wanted. He will be cremated.

I put this message down below, but thought I would add it up here. Penny has given so much and now she needs help.

Astrobaja, Mike, is helping big time and is allowing us to use his paypal account for donations. He is there.

Every little bit counts --- no donation is too small! So those who wish to help, sign into your pay pal account and then send the donation to

ranchoconception@gmail.com --- just put Penny in the message box.

Mike has already received some donations, and THANK YOU to those who have donated. More is needed.
Thank you --- and BTW-- the paperwork involved is horrendous and John and I will never travel again without our marriage certificate because that is a must have document! Fortunately, since they lived there full time, Penny has their marriage certificate there.

[Edited on 4-28-2015 by DianaT]

Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 10:38 PM

So very sorry to hear this. Never met, in person, either one of them, but well aware of the work they do/did. How may I/We help? Check to your PO box, as in the past? God Bless all concerned.

Ron and Mary Ann
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2015 at 10:56 PM

Ron and Mary Ann,

Yes, they gave everything extra that they had to the Grandpas and now, she will need the help with all the expenses and she would never ask for help for herself.

We of course do not know what the future holds for her, it is far too soon, but we are trying to arrange to head down there.

You have been wonderful and I hope you do get to meet her one day.

Thank you
Diane

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-4-2015 at 07:37 AM

:saint: RIP Murray! :saint:

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2015 at 08:27 AM

Sadly, it is as Elton John sings, the Circle of Life ..
Rest in Peace Murray ..
Penny dear, sending you our condolences on your loss .. may the love of others bring you comfort ..
Diane thank you for letting us know so we could offer ..
Respectfully, Tommy & Lori

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2015 at 10:16 AM

so sorry to hear this - may he RIP and of course, Penny will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
RogerMears
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 04:31 AM

We are very sad to hear this news of Murray. He and Penny were our neighbors in Bahia de Los Angeles for a few years. May he rest in peace. Our thoughts and prayers are with Penny. Please share our post with her. Thanks, Roger and Carol
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 07:45 AM

this morning on Talk Baja...Penny needs help NOW from people near her, am cutting and pasting a post from Diana Burr Trotter:
Okay folks down there in the San Quintin area, you know that Penny and Murray gave every extra dime they had to the Grandpas and now, Penny needs immediate help. She started the process today and learned that Murray passed immediately which is maybe a little comfort, but now he will be sent to Ensenada for cremation. But, by Monday, she needs to pay 13000 pesos for all of this and she needs help!
I will get some things going up here, but that won't be quick enough. Christina Kirby mentioned a fund raising effort in another thread, so please let's make it happen. Penny does not have pay-pal and we don't have a branch of her bank near us, so funds we raise here will take too much time. The immediate help needs to come from all of you in that area! The caregiver needs care Pardon me if I sound a bit pushy, but I love Penny and Murray, and people like them give it all! Love to all of you! Can someone down there accept immediate donations to take to her for this immediate need? More can be organized s time goes on, but Monday is around the corner.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 08:32 AM

So sad to read of this. RIP Murray. Penny you are in our thoughts.

Ken and Paula
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 10:15 AM

If someone wants to help Penny out at this time, and as you can read in the post above, she needs the help, astrobaja, Mike, is helping big time and he has agreed to let us use his paypal right now.

ranchoconception@gmail.com --- just put Penny in the message box.

Penny and Murray just gave so much --- so much more than they could to the Grandpas. We will so miss Murray --

And thank you rhintransit for doing the cut and paste --- I appreciate it a lot.

[Edited on 4-5-2015 by DianaT]

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 03:32 PM

Yes, this is a shameless bump! Some donations have arrived via the paypal and more are needed right away.

Two of my favorite pictures of Murray at the home for the grandpas. While he often stayed in the background, he did so much for them.

Murray is one who had so many tools because he could fix or build anything. So when it was time to get the fence going for the new garden at the home, Murray showed up with power tools and the grandpas who were helping, said no, it needed to be built the old fashion way, so Murray quickly learned the art of wielding a machete.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 10:09 PM

One last pitch for the night. Mike and Pamela are headed to meet Penny in the morning, and this money has to be paid!

Again, no donation is too small. Penny and Murray are people who have given so much to a very needy home in Baja --- far more than they could afford. So please think about helping. Just the price of a few fish tacos will help.

Astrobaja --- Mike and Pamela are doing all they can.

Thank you!

BTW, there is one person who is driving down from Rosarito tomorrow with a good donation for the grandpas so that Penny will not have to worry about them right now. It will make her feel a bit better.

[Edited on 4-6-2015 by DianaT]

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2015 at 10:49 PM

OMG just learning about this. Penny I'm so sorry for your loss. Your caring kindness has touched so many hearts and I pray you find comfort and support in this unbelievably difficult time.

I was just there at Penny and Murray's little haven for the grandpas just north of Camalu, and it was so moving to see Penny's amazing dedication to the old folks. Please help if you can, for her immediate needs and because it would mean so much if she knew that the formerly neglected and undernourished grandpas that became her labor of love will continue to be cared for through this.

Penny and dedicated full time care assistants Isais and Juan

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 10:34 AM

Graham,
Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures of Penny again.

She and Murray gave so much to her grandpas, that Penny is struggling just to pay for getting the final arrangements made. That is why we are collecting donations for her right now, but we sure won't forget the grandpas. That one person is driving down from Rosarito to make a nice donation to the grandpas does many Penny feel a little better. Some people are really amazing. This person needs to leave to return to Canada and is doing this first!

Astrobaba, Mike and a couple of other people are taking well needed funds to Penny today.

It is not too late for anyone to help out. No donation is too small!

Sign into paypal and then send donation to ranchoconception@gmail.com

Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 12:04 PM

Diana T

Pls check you U2U

Thks
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 12:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Maron  
Diana T

Pls check you U2U

Thks

Thank you so very much!

Penny was quoted 13000 pesos to cover the coroner, transport and cremation, and now the price has gone up to 17,000 pesos ---

So please, keep the donations flowing. And again, to those of you who have donated, you are very appreciated!

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 05:22 PM

She was quoted 13,000 pesos and now it is up to 17,000?? Is someone watching this post? Maybe time to renegotiate. I hate to see someone take advantage of this situation.

I am ready to make a sizable donation but don't do PayPal. Is there a way to use a credit card or a check which will take longer.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 05:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
She was quoted 13,000 pesos and now it is up to 17,000?? Is someone watching this post? Maybe time to renegotiate. I hate to see someone take advantage of this situation.

I am ready to make a sizable donation but don't do PayPal. Is there a way to use a credit card or a check which will take longer.

I think that maybe she did not understand all of it. She is not functioning totally well. Astrobaja found out when they went to San Quintin to meet Penny and her neighbor. And there will be more expenses.

And the paperwork and time it takes to get it all done is unbelievable. What a nightmare. Before for the grandpas Maron has sent money to me and when we go to Carson City, I deposit in her account. Or, I can give you her account number for her account at the US bank and you can deposit it there. I don't want to give her account number out to just anyone, but I would give it to you!

Thank you

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 07:04 PM

Diana please check your U2
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 07:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Diana please check your U2

No new message?

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.