Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Mulege Real estate?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 11:50 PM
Mulege Real estate?

I cant help but notice the LARGE numbers of places for sale in Mulege. Just in the past few days, there have been about 20 discussed. It would be interesting for someone just to do a count of places for sale and or abandoned. I bet theres 40 or 50 just counting whats in the Oasis and Orchard. On the North side I think every home in La Fortuna save maybe one are in that status....I am also surprised that a few of the places which are actually flood free and pretty nice havnt sold.....:?:

cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 03:23 AM

I know what you mean, Chuckie.

Our home is in Loma Azul, and we have really enjoyed our time there.

Despite reducing to less than half price, we have had little interest.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 03:29 AM

AND! Cessna, your place is the Jewel! I walked or rode by it every day for several years and envied your ownership. Great place, great neighbors, flood free, always a breeze.....If I were going to own a home in Mulege, that would be it....Mulege is still one of the last great places! I doubt I will return, for health reasons, sadly.....Stay well!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 08:07 AM

It appears to me that the real estate market has not rebounded in all of BCS...not just in Mulege (although it has its unique challenges). Not much moving in our area either. Friends in Loreto say they have the same challenge.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 08:53 AM

This could have something to do with the current real estate situation, more sellers than buyers. It's the latest travel warning from the US gov.:

----------------------------------------------

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarn...

Baja California: Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada and Mexicali are major cities/travel destinations in the state of Baja California - Exercise caution in the northern state of Baja California, particularly at night. Criminal activity along highways is a continuing security concern. According to the Baja State Secretariat for Public Security, from January to October 2014 Tijuana and Rosarito experienced increasing homicide rates compared to the same period in the previous year. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Shooting incidents, in which innocent bystanders have been injured, have occurred during daylight hours.

Baja California Sur: Cabo San Lucas and La Paz are major cities/travel destinations in the state of Southern Baja California – Exercise caution in the state capital of La Paz. According to the Department of Interior of Mexico, in 2013 Baja California Sur registered its highest homicide rate since 1997. Many of these homicides occurred in La Paz, where there has been an increase in organized crime-related violence.

------------------------------------------------------------

Right or wrong, many Americans have just written off Mexico as a retirement destination. Things would be different if the lingering drug war was not happening.

And I know it's not a factor in Mulege but the town is tainted by the violence elsewhere.

[Edited on 7-4-2015 by SFandH]
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 09:34 AM

Chuck,
At my last count about a dozen for sale in the Orchard for several reasons not just flood... That does not include what Roberto the developer may still be trying to do... If Cliff has all 13 for sale that makes 25 or so plus the individuals that are trying to sell.. in the Oasis and further east...
Some are still not cleaned up some are back to preflood condition and furnished very well.. As stated in another thread,, some folks still try to list with preflood pictures which hurts all listings somewhat. I have seen 3 this spring that way that the buyer sent a deposit then came down and "SURPRISE" giving everyone a bad taste.
Only a couple of realtors in Mulege part time and they don't like to list the homes along the estuary as they think the buyer would be mad at them... Full disclosure should always be upfront..
Even with this problem, it is still a very nice spot to spend the winter.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 11:25 AM

Ross, I couldn't agree more..one of the last great places....I cant figure what the housing development built several years ago, NOT just built, has to do with anything???? I don't know a single Gringo who moved from on the river to out by the Pemex.... still think an actual count of places for sale and/or abandoned would be interesting....It would be a number that people with places for sale would not like, I think....maybe that's why it aint available?.....oh well...Happy 4th.....

Robinhood
Nomad

Mood: Health is wealth!

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 11:31 AM
Still here and looking at a bright future

Sure we take a vacation in the summer but we are still marketing and showing (just had a tour with offer made and pending in Chivato last Wednesday).

It was a strong year and I had more inquiries and sales last year than in the three years previous combined. The drought is over, the guard is changing, economy is getting better north and south of the border. Some low-ball offers have been accepted but I do my best to give advice based on the current market conditions.

No matter what the "dirt-pimp" haters think I have a long list of satisfied customers who have been happy to save time, money, stress, etc, etc. by utilizing my many services. Not to start a flame war but the dirt-pimp hater has tried to sell several things as well on this board which seems a little self-hating. So live and let live and though I have made a few mistakes, I have endeavored to make them right since a Realtors best reference is his customer's satisfaction. I have sixteen years in Mulege and many more as a Realtor in Lake Tahoe making it work in good times and bad.

There is a lot for sale but that is just the tail end of many bad things shaking itself out. I have realistic hopes for the future of Mulege since it is a unique place and a whole new generation of retirees are discovering it.

The physical office will be open in Mulege along with Mago's bakery in the Autumn, as usual, so please stop by for an excellent breakfast and a chat. Until then please feel free to visit us virtually through our website.

Viva Mulege.

http://www.mulege-properties.info
011 52 1 615 103 3546 (cell from USA)
+52-615-153-1035 (From the USA) Office.
+52-1-615-153-1123 (From the USA Home
615-153-1035/615-153-1123 from Mexico
My cell works the best if you have a problem dialing from the USA, just email me and I will call you back at your convenience.
*Stop for a cappuccino, sweet roll, or an organic lasagna at MAGO's Bakery all winter long.*
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 12:14 PM

It seems that this same statement applies even to places in Ensenada and North.
However...
Most of the RE agents trying to sell properties in Baja appear oblivious of the RE recession, and keep asking exorbitant prices on sales as well as rentals.

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
It appears to me that the real estate market has not rebounded in all of BCS...not just in Mulege (although it has its unique challenges). Not much moving in our area either. Friends in Loreto say they have the same challenge.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 01:26 PM

Robin! Give Mago a big hug for me will ya? I thought that comment about realtors was pretty dumb.....stay well.....

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 02:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Robinhood  

No matter what the "dirt-pimp" haters think I hate a long list of satisfied customers who have been happy to save time, money, stress, etc, etc. by utilizing my many services. Not to start a flame war but the dirt-pimp hater has tried to sell several things as well on this board which seems a little self-hating.
Viva Mulege.

I'm interested in real estate in Baja and this is the 2nd time I've read someone using the term ''dirt pimp.'' First time it was used in reference to the Las Brisas area in Todos.

When someone posts that they don't want to ''start a flame war,'' I think they are ''trying to start a flame war.''

Aside from my already negative impression of this Mulege ''agent,'' what are ''dirt pimps?''

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 02:18 PM

Robin is the best...I have known and done business with he and his wife for many years...Have you ever even met the man?

Robinhood
Nomad

Mood: Health is wealth!

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 02:26 PM

Lee - you are %100 right. The golden rule on the internet is to not respond to negativity because it fosters more of the same. The people who chose to believe that my profession is worth berating are not the people who appreciate the service or unfortunately have been burned in the past. Sometimes it is an uphill battle to please demanding clients but I enjoy the challenge.

I was wrong to even bring it up. Mea Culpa.

Thanks for the defense Chuckie but please let this part of the thread go back to the sleeping dogs.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

No matter what the "dirt-pimp" haters think I hate a long list of satisfied customers who have been happy to save time, money, stress, etc, etc. by utilizing my many services. Not to start a flame war but the dirt-pimp hater has tried to sell several things as well on this board which seems a little self-hating.
Viva Mulege.

I'm interested in real estate in Baja and this is the 2nd time I've read someone using the term ''dirt pimp.'' First time it was used in reference to the Las Brisas area in Todos.

When someone posts that they don't want to ''start a flame war,'' I think they are ''trying to start a flame war.''

Aside from my already negative impression of this Mulege ''agent,'' what are ''dirt pimps?''

http://www.mulege-properties.info
011 52 1 615 103 3546 (cell from USA)
+52-615-153-1035 (From the USA) Office.
+52-1-615-153-1123 (From the USA Home
615-153-1035/615-153-1123 from Mexico
My cell works the best if you have a problem dialing from the USA, just email me and I will call you back at your convenience.
*Stop for a cappuccino, sweet roll, or an organic lasagna at MAGO's Bakery all winter long.*
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 02:28 PM

dirt pimp. RE agent. never heard it put that way before.
known good ones and bad ones.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 02:58 PM

Adios...Ribs are done....

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 06:19 PM

Lee - you are %100 right. The golden rule on the internet is to not respond to negativity because it fosters more of the same. The people who chose to believe that my profession is worth berating are not the people who appreciate the service or unfortunately have been burned in the past. Sometimes it is an uphill battle to please demanding clients but I enjoy the challenge.

I was wrong to even bring it up. Mea Culpa.

[/rquote]

For some reason, I've not been aware that people hate real estate agents. And I'd surmise that it's not all agents, but some who give the profession a bad name.

I can make the distinction, Robinhood, that you are not your post,or it's words, and were reflecting feelings. You were quick to turn that around and consider that professional and integrity. I like that in a person, esp. a real estate agent.

Carry on. Suerte in Mulege. Great area.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 08:55 PM

"Dirt Pimp" ... a really bad word for a RE agent! But somehow hits the point on the "i". What concerns me more is the way some Nomads are posting here about Mulege. Some time ago, when I started here in BájaNomad, there was a threat about grey and black water released into the river. How stupid are folks living in Mulege, to post something like that??? Does that help the Mulege economy? Or constantly talking about all the flooding along the river? Does that help Mulege at all? I for my part, if I would live in Mulege, I would just `shut up´ hoping that people reading this board / potential buyers can forget.
Just m.h.o.
(Now I steered the same pot. But could not post without. Sorry Mulege! Maybe some will learn my lesson)
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-4-2015 at 10:13 PM

The derogatory comment from the ignoramus poster also said, "never known an honest one". Got a feeling he either got took by a shyster, or is just a very disillusioned, hateful pimp himself. Just plain-old nastiness, that's all. Probably also believes his 'dirt' doesn't stink, but here's a clue: sure does. Maddafact, if you're reading this thread, what do you do for a living? Sell cars? .......Just askin'........

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 02:05 AM

If folks think real estate salesmen as a category are bad, they havnt dealt with cattle buyers.....;)

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 05:05 AM

Chuckie,
It sometimes gets comical here... You started this thread wondering how many homes are for sale along the estuary and in Mulege and it is now hijacked into REALTOR bashing..
You either like them or ya don't... like other salesman...
But, back to the question,,, boocoo places for sale not unlike even your old stomping grounds in Colorado... some by Realtor and some by owner.
It works either way if you are comfy doing so...
Again, some of these homes are really nice and still are a good value even with the negatives... I find it more conducive to dwell on how great my neighbors are wish them luck with whatever they do... You gotta spend some time with them to see the draw..... you can also have a nasty owner or 2

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.