BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Good quick lunch spot on the way down to BoLA?
sbsyncro
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 04:45 PM
Good quick lunch spot on the way down to BoLA?

We're planning to cross the border tomorrow morning around 7 am and then head south. Curious if anyone has a recommendation for a good quick lunch stop along the way. I figure we'll be somewhere around San Quintin by the time we're ready for lunch.

I've heard of a good crab place, but not sure we'll have time.

Any other suggestions?

By the way, if anyone's in BoLA next week and wants to share a panga for some spearfishing, we'll have room every day for 1 or 2 people.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 07:24 PM

MacDonalds.

Quick doesn't happen in Mexico. ;)

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

sbsyncro
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 08:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
MacDonalds.

And thus your signature. :)

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 08:16 PM

Mi San Quintin Restaurant

On the west side of the highway, about a half mile before you reach San Quintin, just south of COFEMA. Clean, modern, good food, quick service and WiFi.

Miguel is the owner and together with his family they run a very nice operation. Very good friends too. Tell him Ron sent you...

https://www.facebook.com/MiSanQuintin

MiSQRestaurant.jpg - 217kB

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 08:30 PM

Another good place is Taquería Parcela #12. Kilometer 16 south of San Quintin.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 08:34 PM

Mision Santa Isabel here. We stop here a lot and have never been disappointed.
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 08:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sbsyncro  
MacDonalds.

Perfecto amigo:lol:
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 09:11 PM

There is a BIG tire shop on the right side of the road at the south end of SQ. Right next to it at lunch time an older couple sets up a portable
grill and tables for tacos. I was getting some tire work done and thought I'd try it as all the tire shop guys eat there. Even my wife said it was good. They keep it spic and span clean and the food is cheap and good. No Montezuma's afterward either!
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-10-2015 at 09:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sbsyncro  
MacDonalds.

Point well taken.

Used to was, it was rude to rush people eating in Baja. You used to have to ASK for your quenta. They expected you to relax, take your time, and enjoy your meal; otherwise they were insulting you to hurry.

Faster roads bring faster people. I forgot my place. Have a good, quick vacation. :smug:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 03:10 AM

Great locations in San Quintin!

IF you pass San Quintin too early for lunch, an hour or less south is El Rosario... and a yummy lunch stop there is Hugo's TACOS LA MISION on the left, far side of town. Giant burritos, stuffed baked potatoes and wonderful art... It takes me 5 hours to get to El Rosario from the border.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=52923

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 11:58 AM

Some traditions just need to be adhered to. Mama Espinosa's in El Rosario for Chile Rellenos and a Pacifico.

Has it changed over the years? Of course it has but there is still comfort in traditions.

In Memory of E-57
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 12:45 PM

if you make it to Cabo and can't live without some Chinese food try this place!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 02:12 PM

Cute woody.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 02:18 PM

tons of spots...just watch for a taco stand or eatery surrounded by locals. not to worry.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 02:54 PM

We often get food to go from Las Pasaditas in El Rosario. It's green and located as you leave town on the south side of the road.

Safe travels!

Zac

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2015 at 05:42 PM

Carlos and Esmeralda, who operate what is probably the best restaurant in the area, adjacent to her parents Jardines Hotel, also have a really good restaurant that is open for breakfast and lunch on the main highway right nest to the hospital on the West side of the highway. Viejo San Quintin.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 01:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Carlos and Esmeralda, who operate what is probably the best restaurant in the area, adjacent to her parents Jardines Hotel, also have a really good restaurant that is open for breakfast and lunch on the main highway right nest to the hospital on the West side of the highway. Viejo San Quintin.

Jardines doesn't do breakfast and they don't open until noon. While I do agree that they have the best overall food in the area, around noon they are slow getting going and the OP was looking for QUICK!

On the other hand, your suggestion about Viejo San Quintin was an excellent one. They also have wifi.

I hate to bash any local businesses but after a serious rash of problems with friends and family lately, I have removed the Villa de San Quintin from my list of recommendations. All kinds of problems with the hotel AND restaurant lately to the point that I now steer people AWAY from Villa de San Quintin. Too many better options in San Quintin to keep dropping money at a business that is not interested in anything else than your money...

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 01:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  

Jardines doesn't do breakfast and they don't open until noon. While I do agree that they have the best overall food in the area, around noon they are slow getting going and the OP was looking for QUICK!

On the other hand, your suggestion about Viejo San Quintin was an excellent one. They also have wifi.

I hate to bash any local businesses but after a serious rash of problems with friends and family lately, I have removed the Villa de San Quintin from my list of recommendations. All kinds of problems with the hotel AND restaurant lately to the point that I now steer people AWAY from Villa de San Quintin. Too many better options in San Quintin to keep dropping money at a business that is not interested in anything else than your money...

I stayed there just a few nights ago (Villa de San Quintin) and had another great stay. I had another long talk with Rey who owns the place. He took me around to many of his fruit trees and shared what was ripe.

We had a triple room with three beds in two rooms and two tvs. Obviously the hotel has wifi as well. The cost was 830 pesos.

Ron if you have any specific instances, please share them. But I find your statements a bit wreckless.

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 02:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
if you make it to Cabo and can't live without some Chinese food try this place!

They must really put it to you...:o:lol:
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 02:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  

I stayed there just a few nights ago (Villa de San Quintin) and had another great stay. I had another long talk with Rey who owns the place. He took me around to many of his fruit trees and shared what was ripe.

We had a triple room with three beds in two rooms and two tvs. Obviously the hotel has wifi as well. The cost was 830 pesos.

Ron if you have any specific instances, please share them. But I find your statements a bit wreckless.

Sorry amigo but I have been biting my tongue for a long time about Villa de SQ. Lots of complaints lately over bogus/double credit card charges and other service problems in both the hotel and restaurant. The latest issue involves items missing from hotel rooms. I usually send friends and family to Jardines as my first choice but for times when they are all booked up, I would use Villa as another option.

With all the complaints that have been piling up in addition to our experiences there lately with very poor service, I can simply no longer recommend them in good faith.

Sorry...

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.