Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 10:52 AM
From today's Punta Banda Bulletin Board

Don't know how accurate this info is but here is what was posted:
_---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To
puntabandanewsletter@yahoogroups.com

A comparison of the Mexican inflation rate or CPI is interesting. The Bank of Mexico has published the official CPI. From the beginning of 2015, going back 11 years, the average CPI (inflation) rate was 4.3% per year. Suddenly and magically, this year as the peso dumped. Now, the CPI is now closer to 2.8%. Imagine that?

Crude oil sold by Mexico is less than 1/2 the price just 12 months ago. Billions of pesos are 'unaccounted for' each year. Mexico has a national budget problem and they are adopting a Base Line Budget for the country. Likely, a good thing. Could Mexico be 'adjusting' their CPI (inflation) by removing the more cost sensitive items from the list? Isn't that what the current POTUS has done once again? And the Social Security recipients will get no raise for 2016.

I think it might be about purchasing power. For the Mexicans, CFE increases it's cost to consumers each and every month. From 2014 going back 5 years, regular gas in Mexico (Magna) increased 57%. Propane increased 59% and diesel (used in the buses that transport paying customers) increased 94% for the same period. Those increases were definitely passed on to the users. Then add the additional 5% increase in IVA, which we all pay.

Bob Durrell
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 11:55 AM

get this. in San Diego (and the rest of CA) there has been mandatory 20% water restrictions imposed by Gov Moonbeam for the past couple of years which we personally have embraced wholeheartedly.

now the water district says since the community is using so much less water they need to raise the rates so they can keep operating at the same level? what kind of BS are they feeding us?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/jul/20/rate-hi...

[Edited on 8-31-2015 by woody with a view]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 12:08 PM

Woody

It is the same BS that they give us when they want to charge us new/more taxes because we use a fuel efficient car and gasoline tax revenue decreases, and wanting to charge us more or cap our electricity production because we use solar panels

Save the planet and pay more

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
get this. in San Diego (and the rest of CA) there has been mandatory 20% water restrictions imposed by Gov Moonbeam for the past couple of years which we personally have embraced wholeheartedly.

now the water district says since the community is using so much less water they need to raise the rates so they can keep operating at the same level? what kind of BS are they feeding us?

mikeymarlin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 12:13 PM

WOODY--RIGHT ON !!!!!!!

the reality of it is simply total lies !!!!

after all, we all recognize there is no inflation !! of course not

well, at least that what all the politicos tell !!! like these people live in fancy houses and send there help to do the shopping , so how are they to know true costs !!!

eggs at $4.00 a doz. bread at $4.00 for a good loaf ---jeeeez

so, enough of my rant !! hope everyone can afford to have a nice day---fish on____

carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 12:33 PM

Everyone in SD is cutting down on water usage, unfortunately the city seems not to care: they water the freeway, parks and many golf course landscaping with drinking water... not only do they use drinking water... they don't care if its raining they still water what ever they can... it's not a drought its a water management problem... its about accountability... let Spanos pay for his greed not the tax payer!... its all about greed!! Now about Mexico, it's a great country unfortunately its corrupted to the bone and every six years a team of "experts" finds a new way to stick it to the people, this time has been with all the "Reformas" proclaimed to save the country and get rid of corruption... yea... remember el chapo... and now the peso descent... Arriba Peņa Nieto!!!:lol:

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 01:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mikeymarlin  
WOODY--RIGHT ON !!!!!!!

well, at least that what all the politicos tell !!! like these people live in fancy houses and send there help to do the shopping , so how are they to know true costs !!!

so, enough of my rant !! hope everyone can afford to have a nice day---fish on____

Just paid 25 pesos for a carton with 18 eggs ($1 US per doz) at Calimax in Maneadero. I know that's at 16.5 pesos per dollar and the Mexican poor don't get that rate but I do.

Bob Durrell
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 02:18 PM

So the water district has the same employees. Use the same trucks, pumps and equipment and because of restrictions they have less water being paid for. So they have to raise rates.
What don't you understand?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Martyman  

So the water district has the same employees. Use the same trucks, pumps and equipment and because of restrictions they have less water being paid for. So they have to raise rates.
What don't you understand?

i understand cutbacks, layoffs and other measures to deal with the current economic reality! instead of raising rates 20% why not cut expenses 20% until and if, things improve?

i wasn't mandated to save water so that workers would have a job. i was made to feel the improtance of conserving, whatever the outcome!

Finchaser2020
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 05:30 PM

Woody...was the same with the gas and electric years ago....

Conserve energy..... Save the Planet.... The sky is falling!!!

Oh....good job on cutting back.. Now your rates will double because we cannot buy at the volume we used too.....

But we still get our pensions....

Freaking crooks.......
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 05:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Just paid 25 pesos for a carton with 18 eggs ($1 US per doz) at Calimax in Maneadero. I know that's at 16.5 pesos per dollar and the Mexican poor don't get that rate but I do.[/rquote  

We all get the same rate spending pesos in a peso economy.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 05:49 PM

Well, the amount of water delivered has decreased, revenue has decreased, but cost of system O&M has stayed the same. :light:

That's why utilities often charge 2 fees, one fixed monthly rate to cover the system, another unit rate to cover the amount of product consumed. :light:
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 08:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Quote: Originally posted by mikeymarlin  
WOODY--RIGHT ON !!!!!!!

Just paid 25 pesos for a carton with 18 eggs ($1 US per doz) at Calimax in Maneadero. I know that's at 16.5 pesos per dollar and the Mexican poor don't get that rate but I do.

Well , the bankrupt state of California relys on apathetic/uninformed/workers/taxpayers to carry the load

Another example of getting a new one ripped daily is in Tuscon yesterday we paid $ 2.05 for regular

There are no (Zero) refineries in Arizona and 18-19 in California But it's always the refinery problem or seasonal blend or shortage BS and the brainwashing media is complicit .

They get much of their gas piped from Los Angeles and it's $1.30 / gallon + cheaper , imagine that.

Durrell, I believe eggs are a subsidized item in mex.

kc/
4Cata
Nomad

Mood: Siempre alegre!

[*] posted on 8-31-2015 at 11:25 PM

And don't even get me started on how my gas mileage miraculously improves once I get the $$$ CA gas out of my vehicle. My Honda Pilot was lucky to get 22 mpg on the highway in CA, but by the time I reached Oklahoma, I was getting 29 mpg.

Agaveros, silk in a bottle, a beautiful bottle!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.