Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Posting photos using SmugMug
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 01:36 PM
Posting photos using SmugMug

Willy,

Dropbox is a great option for posting images. Here are some using SmugMug which is also very easy to do. All of my images posted here over the last 5 years have been from the SmugMug site.

Here are three images loaded from SmugMug directly to BN, sized in SmugMug to no larger than 800 px's in width.

Ceiling- og width 2667 sized to 512 (Nikon D80)

VW- og width 3264 sized to 509 (Nikon D7k)

Sled- og width 5721 sized to 800 (Sony NEX 7)

Diane,

Images you have in SM can be directly loaded into BN very easily, if I can do it U can 2. U2U and I will walk you through it (or anyone else interested), takes <10 seconds.

Ken

[Edited on 11-10-2015 by tripledigitken]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 01:49 PM

Ken,
I finally figured it out! Now I am still working on getting more pictures on snugmug and then I will delete all of the photobucket ones! That one bear picture is from snugmug.

I am reorganizing what is on snugmug --- don't like how I did it before. And have not gotten pictures up there from the long summer trip, let along from the recent Yellowstone trip --- I may never get caught up unless we decide to stay put for a bit! Tommy is having a few old age health issues which we are dealing with, so we are here as he is our priority.

Love those pics --- and thanks!

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 01:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
Ken,
I finally figured it out! Now I am still working on getting more pictures on snugmug and then I will delete all of the photobucket ones! That one bear picture is from snugmug.

I am reorganizing what is on snugmug --- don't like how I did it before. And have not gotten pictures up there from the long summer trip, let along from the recent Yellowstone trip --- I may never get caught up unless we decide to stay put for a bit! Tommy is having a few old age health issues which we are dealing with, so we are here as he is our priority.

Love those pics --- and thanks!

I misunderstood your post, I thought you went from SM to DB then to BN..........
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 02:36 PM

When you delete images on a web hosting site (like Photobucket) instead of just leaving them when you move on or make a new album. All the old photos on Nomad or whatever forum you shared them on will vanish.

Ken Cooke is one I know who has lost many great photo postings here because of moving an image to a different site or ??

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 03:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
When you delete images on a web hosting site (like Photobucket) instead of just leaving them when you move on or make a new album. All the old photos on Nomad or whatever forum you shared them on will vanish.

Ken Cooke is one I know who has lost many great photo postings here because of moving an image to a different site or ??

I know---- have removed many in the past and intend to remove more --- just time for them to go. Their life is over.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 03:20 PM

Please Diane. SHare the process with all to use.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 04:41 PM

In the 60's, we called the giving something then taking it back as being an "Indian Giver", a seriously non-PC phrase today! LOL

Oh, a new school phrase to replace the action "sitting Indian style" is "criss-cross applesauce"...

America is doomed.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 10:22 PM

Some great fotos Ken, especially the Zapato. Smugbug looks like it does a good job. I have used it in the past, it is easy.
Bear with it Diana :) you will get it. No matter what photo hosting you use, DB, Smug,google+, etc The trick is to be organized from the beginning. I found out the hard way also.
Ken my new toy is the a6000, loving it!

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 11-10-2015 at 10:48 PM

Thanks ken ... have it and never use it

The subject mater is outstanding ... as is what ya got in composition and color ... really nice eye treat ... striking color and patterns/textures

You and T just keep getting better and better ... :):)

[Edited on 11-11-2015 by wessongroup]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:51 AM

In the 60's, we called the giving something then taking it back as being an "Indian Giver", a seriously non-PC phrase today! LOL

Oh, a new school phrase to replace the action "sitting Indian style" is "criss-cross applesauce"...

America is doomed.

Oh please. Only your would bring up a derogatory comment in response to someone cleaning up their pictures every once in a while. Probably have some nice cute ones about Jewish people too....how about blacks or Italians. share some those cute ones too please.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 08:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
Some great fotos Ken, especially the Zapato. Smugbug looks like it does a good job. I have used it in the past, it is easy.
Bear with it Diana :) you will get it. No matter what photo hosting you use, DB, Smug,google+, etc The trick is to be organized from the beginning. I found out the hard way also.

Becoming organized in all ways has been a lifetime goal --- and I will keep trying right up to the end! :-)

I quit asking Ken for advice about camera stuff---we are going broke! :-) Actually Ken, I LOVE that 16-70 Zeiss lens! We called it a birthday/Christmas gift. Ken and Willey, is the a6000 a little or a lot improved over the Nex 6?

I would love to see all of that VW --- I love what you did with the photo, however.

[Edited on 11-11-2015 by DianaT]

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 10:00 AM

Ken, all of the photo's posted in this thread are great as usual but the '51Ford is absolutely splended. Don't know why you labled it "Sled". I had a '51 that was a true "lead sled" whith the headlights and tail lights frenched, the door hardware removed as well as the hood stripped of everything.

Bob Durrell
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Ken, all of the photo's posted in this thread are great as usual but the '51Ford is absolutely splended. Don't know why you labled it "Sled". I had a '51 that was a true "lead sled" whith the headlights and tail lights frenched, the door hardware removed as well as the hood stripped of everything.

give or take a few years...who cares. Leadsled = A lowered, late-forties car with molded body seams, traditionally done with lead.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/hot-rod-glo...

http://www.onallcylinders.com/2013/02/01/hot-rod-a-z-the-ult...
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 10:45 AM

Admittedly it is a modern interpretation of a sled, but none the less it's not a stretch to call it that IMHO.

Some features of sleds as I know them.

Chopped roof, removal of brand emblems, door handles removed, rear fender shirts, lowered with the front just slightly higher, frenched lights and modified front grill. All but the last two were incorporated into this beauty.

Glad you liked the shot. Being it was at a car show there were always people scattered around it, I had to remove 3 admirers at the back of the car with Photoshop.

[Edited on 11-11-2015 by tripledigitken]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  

.....Ken and Willey, is the a6000 a little or a lot improved over the Nex 6?

I would love to see all of that VW --- I love what you did with the photo, however.

Diane,

The improvements of the A6000 over previous NEX's that I think are most important are the added mp's to 24 vs 16 in the NEX 6, better low light performance and faster focusing. But I ain't recommending you upgrade, noooooooooo way girl. :cool:

Ken

Have fun with your new camera Willy!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 11:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tripledigitken  

Admittedly it is a modern interpretation of a sled, but none the less it's not a stretch to call it that IMHO.

Some features of sleds as I know them.

Chopped roof, removal of brand emblems, door handles removed, rear fender shirts, lowered with the front just slightly higher, frenched lights and modified front grill. All but the last two were incorporated into this beauty.

Glad you liked the shot. Being it was at a car show there were always people scattered around it, I had to remove 3 admirers at the back of the car with Photoshop.

[Edited on 11-11-2015 by tripledigitken]

Anyway you look at it... nice photo and nice car.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 12:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tripledigitken  

But I ain't recommending you upgrade, noooooooooo way girl. :cool:

Ken

:lol::lol::lol: Hey, John is still speaking with you. :lol::lol::lol:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2015 at 12:40 PM

America is doomed.

Without thinking. I learned and repeated a lot of really insulting and bigoted sayings when I was a child. Thank goodness I started thinking about them in high school and outgrew even the thought of repeating one of them. :no:

[Edited on 11-12-2015 by DianaT]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.