Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SENTRI???? strange email from CBP
Bajavanadu
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 10:16 AM
SENTRI???? strange email from CBP

I was approved for trusted traveler about 9 weeks ago and didn't add a vehicle at the time of the interview. The next day when I received approval, I logged into the GOES site and added a vehicle. For the past 9 weeks it has been "pending review" and unable to actually schedule an appointment. Now this morning I received the following email from CBP,

"If you are receiving this message, you have an application pending that includes a vehicle for use in the SENTRI lanes. As of November 17, 2015, a vehicle inspection is no longer required to register your vehicle. Please do not try to schedule a vehicle inspection. If you have a scheduled appointment on or after November 17, 2015, your vehicle will be processed without an inspection and you will receive an updated notice when the application is approved. Once approved, the vehicle will be registered for use in the SENTRI lanes.

This is an automated email. Please do not reply."

Has anyone heard anything about this or revieved the same email?
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 10:18 AM

Based on my recent experience, it will likely take a few more weeks for your application to go from pending review to conditionally approved, or approved. Conditionally approved may disappear now that there is no inspection.
Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 11:09 AM

From the CBP - GOES web site:

"Vehicle Inspection No Longer Required

Posted on November 17, 2015

Effective November 17, 2015, a vehicle inspection will no longer be required to register a vehicle for use in the SENTRI lanes. A Vehicle Enrollment application must still be submitted via your GOES account and the vehicle must be approved prior to use in the lanes. Applicants and members affected by this change will be receiving an email notification with additional details. If you have a pending vehicle application, please do not attempt to schedule a vehicle inspection after November 17, 2015."
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 11:18 AM

OH THANK GOD.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 04:51 PM

Pretty funny... I always had the worst time getting my cars inspected. I once waited there for an hour with one other car. We were wondering what was going on. Kept seeing the inspector walk back and forth, grabbing a burger at Burger King. Finally asked him when he could inspect the cars and his response was.."Oh I didn't know you were ready".... LOL...I had steam coming out my ears !
Bajakiter

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 06:31 PM

Wow! Lets hope thats true for everyone else that is waiting. My wife got a new SUV and she updated her info on the GOES site over 9 weeks ago and it still show her car as "Pending Approval". Keeping my fingers crossed!
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2015 at 10:59 AM

I called (Calexico, not San Ysidro) and was told that you can't drive the new vehicle across until your application has been accepted. When I mentioned that the last time I did that it took three months, he said, yeah, it's been slow.

So just because you put in the application and don't have to show up with the vehicle to be inspected doesn't mean you can just automatically drive across in it as soon as you register it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.