Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Graham Mackintosh Book Signings/Slide Shows
Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 08:42 AM
Graham Mackintosh Book Signings/Slide Shows

Having just kayaked from Gonzaga Bay to LA Bay... and now for something completely different.

I'll be heading down to Los Cabos to give slide shows and sign books.

First presentation will be in Loreto December 1 at Mediteraneo, 6 PM, an event arranged by Jeannine at the book store.

Next in Todos Santos, December 4 at the Cultural Center at 5:30 PM. Books available via El Tecolote book store.

Next day, December 5, I'll be signing books at the Baja Books and Maps booth at the Organic Market in San Jose del Cabo. 11-12:30

And while I'm in Baja Sur I'll be looking for other places to give slide presentations and talk about my Baja books and adventures. Will post as I make arrangements.

Looking forward to meeting as many Nomads as possible.

It has been almost 30 years since my first Baja book - Into a Desert Place - was published. Now it's out of print and I'll likely be selling my last copies on this trip and over the holiday season.

[Edited on 11-23-2015 by Graham]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 09:35 AM

Best of luck to you Graham!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 08:10 PM

Thanks David... so looking forward to seeing your new Baja mission book published.

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 08:59 PM

Graham-- best of luck-- those who attend are in for a special treat.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 10:52 PM

I still have my signed copy of Into a Desert Place from back in the '90's. We met you at Ecomundo when you were on a trip down to La Purisima to visit your burro. -- Rich and Penny
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 08:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajarich  
I still have my signed copy of Into a Desert Place from back in the '90's. We met you at Ecomundo when you were on a trip down to La Purisima to visit your burro. -- Rich and Penny

It is super easy for me to remember when I met Graham... He was doing one of his slide shows at a bookstore in Solana Beach, and my wife was very--very pregnant, but she too wanted to go see Graham's show (her parents had met Graham while he was doing the walk and took him out fishing with them).

My daughter Sarah was born the next day... Friday July 13, 1990! There was a thunderstorm and it knocked out the power at Palomar Hospital so that the emergency generators kicked on... and then came Sarah!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 07:11 PM

Thanks Mr. Fisher, always fun to share my Baja adventures with an audience in Baja...

And thanks for the memories bajarich and David...

That's quite a story David, and I'm deeply honored that you and your wife would attend under the circumstances. No wonder it was unforgettable. I guess Sarah was also listening!

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 09:09 AM

She looks really comfortable there in the desert... say hi and give her a Happy Thanksgiving hug from me.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 11:21 AM

Thanks Graham, I will let her know when I call her (she is in Arizona).

Is your latest slide/PowerPoint show including any of the kayak trip? If and when it does, I look forward to attending the next one you have in San Diego County!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2015 at 01:16 AM

I'm looking forward to talking about that kayak trip and my recent re-runs to Malarrimo and Guardian Angel Island. I'll let you know when slide show will be in San Diego area. Have a great TG.

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2015 at 12:50 PM

More slide shows about my books and Baja adventures:

Dec 9, Weds. The Wine Cellar, Nopolo, at 4:30 PM

Dec 10, Thurs. Estrella del Mar, Bahia Concepcion, at 6PM

Dec 11, Friday. Las Casitas, "downtown" Mulege, probably at 6 PM.

Looking forward to meeting a few Nomads and maybe sign some old books.

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2015 at 10:56 PM

Well that's a first! My vehicle was stolen today from Mike Younghusband's house in Loreto while we were out visiting his old burro Don-Kay at a ranch north of town...

Unfortunately my SUV was fully loaded... had my laptop and projector, camping gear, the works.

Will still be able to give the Nopolo Wine Cellar show, as that will be on TV screens and I have a memory stick, but I'm going have to cancel the events at Estrella del Mar and Las Casitas in Mulege. Sorry.

Looks like I'm stuck in Loreto for a while. Stolen vehicle is a black 2015 Honda CR-V AWD. Licence # CA 7NET758

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 12-8-2015 at 11:19 PM

That sucks. Very sorry to hear that, Graham.

There's a thread here about motorcycle thefts in San Felipe. The gist if the story was that someone connected was able to retrieve the stolen bikes very quickly. I'm hoping there's a good resolution to your situation.

As I told my wife when we missed the flight from Loreto: "look on the bright side, we get an extra day in Loreto!"
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2015 at 09:51 AM

OMG... not to one of Baja's greatest ambassadors? I am so sorry Graham... I hope enough word gets around that it is found soon! That suck in a BIG way...:mad:

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 12-9-2015 at 10:38 AM

So sorry Graham. I would post a photo of the CR-V on Facebook and encourage people to share it so people are aware of what happened. Thieves suck!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2015 at 12:27 PM

That sucks Graham. I thought the new CRv's had a good anti theft protection system...or did they come get it with a tow truck?

Picture would be helpful. especially on facebook (more readers).
Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2015 at 01:59 PM

Here's the missing black beauty, slightly dusty, a few days ago in Todos Santos. Picked up a screw in a tire and needed repair. Had all of 3000 miles on clock.

IMG_2599a.jpg - 178kB

Mike and I were off visiting Don-Kay and running his little dogs (Max and Rusty) on the beach at San Bruno. Came back five hours later and his house had been broken into. A spare set of keys were hidden in one of my bags and they emptied the bag and found them.

Not wanting to have all my eggs in one basket, I thought they'd be safe behind locked doors in house, car inside a locked gate, with two big dogs to watch over them and patrol yard! Big belated lesson!

Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2015 at 02:02 PM

And thanks everyone for the concern and suggestions... spent most of day making police reports and dealing with such matters. Will keep you posted.

Back to hiking and kayaking very remote places for me.

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2015 at 06:35 PM

Graham---That is terrible. So sorry. Can`t imagine how you feel.
Talked to a Loredo friend who said the town just isn`t the same. I`m sure Mike has the same stories of increased theft in his neighborhood.
Best of luck, hope you get your ride and gear back.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2015 at 08:31 PM

I sure hope it gets returned and in OK shape. If that can't happen, I sure hope your insurance will cover it.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.