BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Did you forget something? Mystery SOLVED!
Elena La Loca
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 09:55 PM
Did you forget something? Mystery SOLVED!

...At Rancho Santa Inčs today 3/8?

A camera (and other stuff) was found in the camp area. Please contact me via U2U & I can tell you how to retrieve it. It is in good hands.

[Edited on 3-12-2016 by Elena La Loca]
Elena La Loca
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2016 at 08:43 AM

Pictures on card indicate you were at El Rosario on the 7th. Maybe you're still south. Hoping you stop by & check with the "unofficial camp host" at Rancho Santa Inčs on your way back north. Meanwhile we're still pursuing other means of identifying the rightful owner.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 07:25 PM

Have you posted this on the Talk Baja Facebook page?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 11:40 PM

Perhaps ask "Did you lose a camera +?" to catch the attention of a newbie looking here? OR "Camera and more found in Central Baja"?

Hope the owner finds this post!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 11:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Perhaps ask "Did you lose a camera +?" to catch the attention of a newbie looking here? OR "Camera and more found in Central Baja"?

Hope the owner finds this post!

I totally agree! Put as much information in the "headline" as possible to get the information to the right people!

Best of luck to finding the owners.
Elena La Loca
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 07:14 AM

Thanks to ham radio & some super sleuth work by Wild Bill, the rightful owner has been found, contacted & will be one happy camper when he returns north to retrieve his equipment.

Once the stuff is back in his possession I'll be at liberty to tell the rest of the story. (it'll be a week or so) It's a good one.

The real kudos go to Ralph for being the kind of guy he is...always looking after the travelers who pass through his neck of the woods.

Don't ya just LOVE a happy ending?
fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 08:28 AM
NICE!

Great that the owner was located. Watching for the "Rest of the story"!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 08:37 AM

can't wait to hear the FULL story! Real life sleuthing is always interesting! and losing a camera with photos is always upsetting, to say the least.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 10:12 AM

GREAT!!! :bounce:
Ham Radio and the Internet working together in Baja!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 04:24 PM

Nomad Network -for the win!

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 04:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  
Nomad Network -for the win!

More like Ham Radio and Ralph for the win.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 04:51 PM

Amen to Ralph ! ! He was the first true Baja ex-pat I met on my very first sojourn down the whole peninsula in the winter of '95. I'd camped at Cataviņa, and about dusk he made his rounds on his quad, stopped by to say 'howdy', and we had a wonderful chat. I ended up spending a couple or three nights there, was invited to his 'stone house' and met his wife, signed his book, and have admired the guy ever since. The second night in conversation I mentioned the stars, because i'd spent my whole life in high dry country of Utah and the Colo. Plateau, but man, Cataviņa..... what a display! He said, "Dave, close your eyes and take a deep breath..." to which I complied... and he said, "the last person to breathe that air speaks Chinese....." never forget it, or Ralph. Years later and several visits, he and his sweetie took me and my then-future-2nd-ex-wife out into the back country and some pretty spectacular rock art not everyone gets to see.

Ralph is truly a Baja treasure. From his flying days to his extensive knowledge of the upper hogbacks, bless you, Baja Ralph. Glad to hear he's still 'saving' people; he's saved dozens...if not more.... lives over the years.
bb :coolup:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2016 at 12:08 AM

Great news!

Ralph is amazing...only met him twice...once when we were going into Mission Santa Maria and once when we were coming out an hour or two late (two days later) and he was on his way to find us.
Elena La Loca
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2016 at 08:56 PM

Did he slap your wrists then bend your ear w/ a couple of stories? Definitely one of the good guys.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2016 at 08:48 PM

As per a ham radio conversation with Ralph this evening, the owners of the camera and GPS picked them up from him this afternoon.

The items had fallen out of a pouch and they had no idea where they had lost them.

Special kudos to Ralph and Wild Bill for proving that the Baja grapevine works.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.