Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: jbcoug outdoes himself-photos added - scroll down
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 09:00 PM
jbcoug outdoes himself-photos added - scroll down

Every year jbcoug comes and visits and wows me with his and his wife's generosity. They did not disappoint!!

This is John in our garage holding a brand new bat he bought for a little one whose dream is to get one. The 11 year old's name is Ramses and he will have to have a major attitude adjustment at school to get the bat, His teachers and I are going to try and help him.

Here is John:

and here are two views of the ties (he told me I wouldn't have to get ties for a LONG time and he was serious! I can't wait for Christmas! The teens will be set with toothpaste notebooks ties .....

Tomorrow I am going to Punta Abreojos to visit with the students and their English teacher and I will be handing out some goodies to them. Karina (their teacher) and I will be organizing an English competition between the two towns!

I feel so blessed tonight. Thanks loads John and I hope you enjoy your time with us!

[Edited on 3-17-2016 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 11:03 PM

This is great stuff. I know it is not the same as this donation, but I run an estate sale company in the Los Angeles/South Bay area...and at the end of the sale we often have items left over that need to be donated/cleaned out or aka: gotten rid of! Would love to find a Baja group that can use them. Our sales come and go so there is nothing set...but if you do this sort of work, U2U me and maybe next time I can contact you for a donation?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 09:02 AM

I will write you.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 09:05 AM

Nice to meet you at Ojo de Liebre John!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 10:54 AM

What a great donation! He is one who has also been supportive of Penny's Grandpas. Some people are really amazing. They give and give and then give more!.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 12:41 PM

Blanca,
Good score !!!

As for the recalcitrant 11 year-old....make him wear one of those ties every day until his behaviour improves....;)

Is his behaviour based on learning challenges or home life? (The therapist in me wonders)

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 06:07 PM

motoged - a tragic home life. drug dad and battered mom who probably has mental issues. and here is a photo of Ramses, who stopped by today (looking dapper with his new paid for haircut!!), and I gently talked to him about how life is the PITS sometimes. that I believe he can change. that the only key to a better future is school. that I can't give him the bat until I hear from his teachers that he is respectful. Although I have never heard it, I have been told that his language is foul. He makes his teacher cry.

I just want to scoop him up and make life great and I can't.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 06:18 PM

but let's focus on the BEST part of today ! I went to see how the Punta Abreojos teacher presents material to her classes and of course I gave them all a little gift each so that they all feel special:

7th graders:

8th graders:

and 9th graders:

and here are the teachers who will share the glue, glue sticks, crayons and markers:

The students have many books at their disposal since they are a secundaria and we are a tele-secundaria. Which is bizarre since they only have an average of 12 - 18 students per classroom and I have 28 average in 8th and 9th!

It was very interesting to go over there....am I allowed to gloat and say that my kids speak MUCH MUCH MORE than they did?

:biggrin:

Thanks John and esposa for the grand donation!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 06:24 PM

I forgot to mention -we are going to do spelling bees in May and San Ignacio middle school will be invited too. Bring it on!

Come visit La Bocana

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 07:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
motoged - a tragic home life. ..... He makes his teacher cry.

I am retiring from my role as a family therapist after just over 35 years of that work. Children often represent a family's condition...as well as their own nature.

Poor guy has a lot to react to and be resentful of....some grow out of it....some don't.

Our caring is not enough all the time...

And sometimes, "This is as good as it gets..."

Congrats to you for all the hard work you do for your community....and for the other teachers. :saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 08:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
motoged - a tragic home life. ..... He makes his teacher cry.

I am retiring from my role as a family therapist after just over 35 years of that work. Children often represent a family's condition...as well as their own nature.

Poor guy has a lot to react to and be resentful of....some grow out of it....some don't.

Our caring is not enough all the time...

And sometimes, "This is as good as it gets..."

Congrats to you for all the hard work you do for your community....and for the other teachers. :saint:

Agree w/Motoged...sadly, kids first teachers are their parents, so when they grow up and see this kind of behavior (DV), hear that kind of language, it becomes "normal."

(A member of my family had a verbally abusive spouse, and left for the sake of the kids- knowing it was hurting their early development.)

So... bless you Blanca. Keep doing what you do so well- it helps, even if you don't see it immediately.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 3-17-2016 at 10:41 AM

John, good on ya (y su esposa). You go boy!!!
Blanca, give Rex a nice pat on the head for me....

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2016 at 05:30 PM

Rex petted! John is on permanent vacation mode - reading fishing eating walking and of course, surely petting Rex!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.