BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: An Aerial Tour of Baja California Sur (and a challenge)
Chris Crash

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 06:17 PM
An Aerial Tour of Baja California Sur (and a challenge)

See if you can identify the places that we visited this past winter. If you get stuck, then turn on CC.

Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 07:29 PM

That's some very fine drone flying!
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 08:09 PM

is it hard to fly at night?

Harald Pietschmann
JZ
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 09:14 PM

Not bad, but needs work if we are being honest. They shot a ton of that with the wrong lighting. And the song at the beginning blows.

C+/B-. With a little effort it could be an A+

[Edited on 4-9-2016 by JZ]
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 11:27 PM

here is someone who filmed during the day - not bad!
the music - well.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-tr0yjRVsk

Harald Pietschmann
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 07:25 AM

A+
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 07:52 AM

Wow what a wonderful aerial tour Chris! I really loved the arroyo, canyon passes! What would make this video a 10 for me are softer transitions between clips instead of the snap changes...try it on your next edit...just a super short fade just gives a sweeter flow to the flight...and a bit slower motion in the more dramatic spots would be really cool.
(I certainly dont mean to be critical but it is just such a great video...nearly perfect.) I liked the guitar music...it's soothing. I love you choice of places too...it's just fantastic!

I have just started editing my whale videos and I am noticing that certain scenes deserve special attention and transitions.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Chris Crash

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 08:39 AM

Thanks for your critique. You are actually quite right. I screwed up the exposure settings in a couple of places but decided to include the clips in the video anyway. The dark opening shots could not be helped. The wind was kicking up in the early morning and I just could not wait until there was more light. For other places, well, it's not like I am a professional and making money on this, that said,I do think that my videos are getting better. Hopefully next year I can revisit some of the locations and get some better footage.

As for the music, it's royalty free. If you don't like it, just turn off the sound. I rarely have the sound on when I watch these types of videos on Youtube. Everyone has their own preference for type of music.

Oh, and by the way, recording and editing the video already took mucho effort. That part of your response (i.e, "a little effort") seemed ignorant.

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Not bad, but needs work if we are being honest. They shot a ton of that with the wrong lighting. And the song at the beginning blows.

C+/B-. With a little effort it could be an A+

[Edited on 4-9-2016 by JZ]
Chris Crash

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 08:41 AM

I don't and didn't fly at night.

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
is it hard to fly at night?
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 09:04 AM

Chris,

I thought it was cool.

This website requires a thick skin. People love to criticize when they're 1000's of miles away from the person.

Thanks for posting. This stuff takes time to post on here........I know.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 09:07 AM

I appreciate the effort you put in to posting this clip, and thank you for it. I shot some GoPro footage thinking I would share it, but I never put the effort into editing and posting it.

You mentioned using 'CC' for sub titles, but I did not see how that is done. Any suggestions?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 09:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  

This website requires a thick skin. People love to criticize when they're 1000's of miles away from the person.

I found that peoples constructive criticism of my videos really helped me improve my technique which in turn produced even better videos...Nomads helped me so much with my new passion of video making! I too know how many hours and days go into making even a short video, uploading and posting it. I love watching other's videos to give me ideas on how to improve my own.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 10:32 AM

Chris, This is good The color from the early morning shots could be color corrected, and that would help. Color correction and Grading are arts unto themselves, The Academy, give out Oscars for the them, like they do for most of the post production arts. Most of the public was no idea how much time goes into the post of a video.
There is a place that you can pick up new free music, Check out Score a Score.com you might get some free music there. As for color out the attached video about it.
Sheri, is right about the transitions are a little hard and jerky. I assume that you are using the gopro software, both Mac and Adobe make very good software that is fairly inexpensive that would give you more options as to you edits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7InWoXY80g

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

JZ
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 11:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Crash  
Thanks for your critique. You are actually quite right. I screwed up the exposure settings in a couple of places but decided to include the clips in the video anyway. The dark opening shots could not be helped. The wind was kicking up in the early morning and I just could not wait until there was more light. For other places, well, it's not like I am a professional and making money on this, that said,I do think that my videos are getting better. Hopefully next year I can revisit some of the locations and get some better footage.

As for the music, it's royalty free. If you don't like it, just turn off the sound. I rarely have the sound on when I watch these types of videos on Youtube. Everyone has their own preference for type of music.

Oh, and by the way, recording and editing the video already took mucho effort. That part of your response (i.e, "a little effort") seemed ignorant.

Just trying to help you go from Good to Great brother.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 11:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  

I found that peoples constructive criticism of my videos really helped me improve my technique which in turn produced even better videos...Nomads helped me so much with my new passion of video making! I too know how many hours and days go into making even a short video, uploading and posting it. I love watching other's videos to give me ideas on how to improve my own.

Agreed. And for the record i didn't think you were criticizing in a negative way.

Just thought a disclaimer was in order about the nature of web forums.

[Edited on 4-9-2016 by Ateo]
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 01:12 PM

Can't wait to watch this tonight on the big screen - just like I was there (assuming I could fly). Thanks!!

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 10:31 PM

Chris,

Thanks so much for sharing, makes this young man's soul scream for time south of the border! Unfortunately with a new house and our first baby on the way I'm finding it hard to get away at the moment. I look forward to future editions and watching this one many more times.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2016 at 07:21 AM

That is very impressive, great flying and video. Fun stuff! GREAT JOB.
I like the no transition effect. There are many clips and transitions would make it visually busy.
No more critiquing, but a couple of leads.......
Power Director, by Cyberlink, is a very impressive video editor, right up there with the top guns for less than $100. Check out their reviews. Color correction and balance are simple to use, with many presets, if you prefer canned color. Play back preview was the fastest of all the software I tested. It is a very powerful program.
Youtube library has a surprisingly vast amount of royalty free music.
Youtube compression lowers the quality of videos, after all the hard work. Vimeo is much better and free to a point.

Done_Deal

[*] posted on 4-26-2016 at 02:19 PM

Thanks, really enjoyed it.

JPAL
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-26-2016 at 02:30 PM

Pardon my droning on, but It seems like every new drone video looks like all the other drone videos i have seen...
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.