BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The boys are back in Town!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2016 at 06:53 PM
The boys are back in Town!

Julian and Alfonso, from the very first university scholarship group, arrived in La Bocana for summer vacation. They are now juniors. Hard to believe.

This morning I had them both over for breakfast. I can only tell you that my heart swells when I see them! The way the university system works here is that if you do really well during the semester, you are exempted from finals. Julian only had to take one final and Alfonso didn't have to take any.

Julian on left and Alfonso on the right - menu was scrambled eggs and potatoes, banana pancakes, milk.

and then afterwards, I asked them for help with the gardening.

Then we sat and chatted for a couple hours about life and Julian's trip to stay in northern California for a month. It will be a chance to practice his English 24/7. It will be a chance to visit the northern part of the state for the very first time. And it will also be a chance for him to go to San Francisco for business meetings. So, part internship as well. He starts the adventure tomorrow by going to Ensenada.

His major is International Business. He happened to mention that we wanted to visit the U.S. and practice his English 3 weeks ago - voila, everything came together beautifully.

My sister Maureen will pick him up at the border next Saturday and show him San Diego. BajaNomad Lori (who just ran for mayor of San Diego) will keep him overnight, take him for a walk around UCSD and give him breakfast in the morning and drop him off at the airport 2 hours before his flight.

My brother and 2 friends (one of them my high school amiga) are sponsoring the ticket. The wonderful BajaNomad family is sponsoring his stay. I get to cheer from the sidelines - well, front and center!

Isn't this just grand?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2016 at 07:49 PM

BANANA PANCAKES????? Ahhhhhh
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2016 at 07:05 AM

and they were delicious, I snuck a taste!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2016 at 07:11 AM

Just curious.......if you don't take finals, how does anyone know how well you did?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2016 at 12:05 PM

I guess it means you were outstanding during the semester, they work on many projects and they do quite a few presentations, that is my guess.

I do know that it is every student's dream and that it is VERY hard to achieve.

Maybe someone who has gone to college in Mexico can explain more?

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.