Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Last Trip to Mulege
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 12:28 PM
Last Trip to Mulege

Two years ago, I made "My Last Trip to Mulege" due to my legs becoming uncooperative. I used to do it every August and really missed last year.

However, it seems that they are either better or I'm getting used to them and I expect to arrive on 21st.

I stay at Mulege Inn and spend every day at Coco's beach listening to music, reading my Kindle, and enjoying the birds.

Most meals are a Danny Boy since it's across the street, but at least one meal is a Equipalas (?) for a shrimp salad. I've eaten a El Candil but they're usually closed in August. I guess it's too hot.

If anyone sees a white haired man with a Kindle in one of those restaurants , say Hi to Baja Bill.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 12:35 PM

Bill, how long you going to be there this fall??
We will be heading down in Oct. due to finishing up Doc appointments late Sept. and early Oct. and possible knee surgery later this month or early next month so that might delay the trip this year.
We are either in the Orchard or out at Chivato... so will look for you if you are still there..
Coming from Colorado

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
BajaBill74
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 12:41 PM

Arriving on the 21st for eight nights.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 09:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
Two years ago, I made "My Last Trip to Mulege" due to my legs becoming uncooperative. I used to do it every August and really missed last year.

However, it seems that they are either better or I'm getting used to them and I expect to arrive on 21st.

I stay at Mulege Inn and spend every day at Coco's beach listening to music, reading my Kindle, and enjoying the birds.

Most meals are a Danny Boy since it's across the street, but at least one meal is a Equipalas (?) for a shrimp salad. I've eaten a El Candil but they're usually closed in August. I guess it's too hot.

If anyone sees a white haired man with a Kindle in one of those restaurants , say Hi to Baja Bill.

Enjoy your time in Mulege, it keeps drawing me back as well after all these years. I have never braved it in August or September however.
ScottInMulege

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 05:54 AM

Since Scotty left, El Candil is open year round.
lenstewart

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 07:44 AM

Bill: how cool that your last trip 2 years ago turned out not to be your last after all. I met you when kayaking at Los Cocos when you were here on that trip. I hope we run into you again this year -- at Equipales, or elsewhere in town. Seems there are more visitors -- North Americans as well as Mexicans -- in town this year, and more businesses are open and doing OK.
BajaBill74
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 07:03 PM

Glad to hear that El Candil will be open. That's three restaurants I'll be visiting. It would be nice to meet some Nomads.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 10:04 PM

I always hope to find El Patron open!
They were in July of 2007 and 2009, then weren't in 2012 and 2015.
I am glad you can go back to Mulegé, Bill!

Some more on El Patron (it's at the end of the north river road... any further and you would be in the sea)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 01:23 PM

I'll be passing thru and will look for you. If you offer a beer or would listen to some stories just announce your arrival when you get there! Coco's is which beach?? I'm the guy with the Black Lab and loud voice. Cheers. Tomas
BajaBill74
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 02:20 PM

Going South from Mulege there is a community that has a tennis court next to Hwy 1. I don't know the name of that community. Coco's is the next beach about 1 or 2 miles past it.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 04:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
Going South from Mulege there is a community that has a tennis court next to Hwy 1. I don't know the name of that community. Coco's is the next beach about 1 or 2 miles past it.

Just a friendly update; the tennis court gringolandia is Posada Concepcion. There is actually one beach between that and Los Cocos, Playa Escondido. it's hidden back behind the small mountain to the east with a sign pointing the way in; not-so-good road in, not for large rigs or trailers. Greatest beach for peace and quiet though. Then Coco's is where the highway first 'touches' the water.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 04:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ScottInMulege  
Since Scotty left, El Candil is open year round.

He apparently became bored. It began with limited days, and ultimately good-bye. My personal favorite in Mulege for many years is Los Equipales.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 05:02 PM

Here's a new Mulege restaurant. On the highway somewhere close to the PEMEX. Amando de Santispac is the owner.

https://www.facebook.com/Restauranteelcardonal/

BajaBill74
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 06:15 PM

Thank you SFandH, I will check it out. Something new.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 04:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Here's a new Mulege restaurant. On the highway somewhere close to the PEMEX. Amando de Santispac is the owner.

https://www.facebook.com/Restauranteelcardonal/

Looks a bit rustic compared to Los Equipales. Seem to remember There was another restaurant along the highway that was actually in a building. The name escapes me right now.
BajaBill74
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 04:41 PM

I ate at that restaurant and don't remember the name either. The power had gone off for all of Mulege at about 4 am. They had customers at 7:00 so I stopped. I guess propane works for them. Service was a little slow but I cut them some slack. I think I'll try that new one on the way back from Coco's.
lineman bill

[*] posted on 9-6-2016 at 09:30 AM

Can anyone give me an up to date report on Ray Lima's old place west of Mulege? Is the rv park open for business and how about the restaurant?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2016 at 11:25 AM

and BajaBill74 How did your trip go?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBill74
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2016 at 06:16 PM

I had three wonderful days in Mulege and Coco's beach. Then disaster struck in the form of my back and I had to limp back home. The doctors are working on it, and I hope to return in early August next year and meet up with some nomads to learn about life in that area,

Thanks for asking.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.