BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Nothing political, just an observation
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 03:23 PM
Nothing political, just an observation

Here are some peso figures that are from the bank ATM, not just the computer.

Both figures include fees and came from withdrawals at Bancomer ATMs.

October 6th - 19.19 to the $

October 21st - 18.46 to the $

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 04:02 PM

The Peso has been bouncing around lately for a lot of reasons. It's workin' its way to 20 ta 1 soon enough. This has all been in the forecast.
Just sit back and watch the show. We ain't in Las Vegas.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 04:05 PM

I read a shot paragraph somewhere, Maybe the Mexico City news. That when Trump fell in the polls the peso got stronger.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 04:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
I read a shot paragraph somewhere, Maybe the Mexico City news. That when Trump fell in the polls the peso got stronger.

Well, Russ...the Peso, as well as all other currencies listed on the ForEx, are valued by the world.....not the Clanton gang. If the world thinks the Peso is less valuable for anything Trump says, the Peso has no strength of its own.
Not a pretty picture, is it.

Scooze the misspelling of your name, Russ. I ben drinkin a fue.

[Edited on 10-22-2016 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 04:30 PM

Trump says he wants to rip up nafta, so markets previously were devaluing peso at prospect of USA actions hurting Mexico trade with USA.
Now that the short-fingered vulgarian is headed toward being nothing more than an ugly footnote in history, peso is recovering.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 05:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Trump says he wants to rip up nafta, so markets previously were devaluing peso at prospect of USA actions hurting Mexico trade with USA.
Now that the short-fingered vulgarian is headed toward being nothing more than an ugly footnote in history, peso is recovering.

Er Ah, not quite, Goat---------Trump wisely wants to "renegotiate" NAFTA, and if that is not successful then we will withdraw from it, I think is the way he put it. Don't count him out yet. I love it when lefties think that plain talking common sense is "vulgar"----shows how out-of-touch and elitist they are. LOL
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 05:40 PM

Bernie Sanders: "The election is rigged."
Bernie's army (with apologies to Arnie's Army): " The election is rigged."

Donald Trump:"The election is rigged."
Bernie's army: " No it's not."

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 06:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Er Ah, not quite, Goat---------Trump wisely wants to "renegotiate" NAFTA, and if that is not successful then we will withdraw from it, I think is the way he put it. Don't count him out yet. I love it when lefties think that plain talking common sense is "vulgar"----shows how out-of-touch and elitist they are. LOL

Barry, you stumped me. How are vulgarities like "grab them by the pussy" common sense?
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 06:32 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 07:06 PM

Barry, you stumped me. How are vulgarities like "grab them by the pussy" common sense?

Once again, conflating statements, as Lefties always seem to do regularly. We were talking NAFTA and what Trump ACTUALLY said, not a private conversation between guys. IF you think that conversation in the motorhome was that unusual, then you live in a different universe than I do, and I can't help that. (out-of-touch, once more)

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 07:48 PM

Once again, conflating statements, as Lefties always seem to do regularly. We were talking NAFTA and what Trump ACTUALLY said, not a private conversation between guys. IF you think that conversation in the motorhome was that unusual, then you live in a different universe than I do, and I can't help that. (out-of-touch, once more)

Barry. Please tell me you don't go around talking about grabbing women by their crotch. I live in a different universe.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 07:52 PM

I must live in a diff universe. The guys I hang with are a bit less crude. And my work place conversations are certainly nothing like trump's caught on tape.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 08:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Barry. Please tell me you don't go around talking about grabbing women by their crotch. I live in a different universe.

Where, oh WHERE, did I EVER say that I spoke like that????? You can be assured that I don't talk like that, but man I sure have heard worse hundreds of times when in groups of men, and even women, under certain circumstances. My point is that this is no big deal, however crude and obnoxious any talk like that is, and I think the horror being displayed by many is pure BS.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 08:09 PM

Sure glad my observation didn't turn political.:lol:

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 10-22-2016 at 08:19 PM

Barry, look...

First of all, he wasn't in a locker room - he was about to go on camera for a television appearance. Second, I have never said nor have heard any friends of mine EVER talk like that. The few times in my life where I have heard a man talk like that I always considered the person to be a scum bag.

OK, thinking back I do recall a few very immature young boys in junior high school maybe say something along those lines and even then I considered it to be very crude. Imagine then my reaction to hearing it come out of the mouth of a man 59 years old at the time?

I don't think I am alone in that reaction Barry and what little I know about you Barry, I am quite surprised to hear you don't share those same values.

And for the record, I am NOT voting for Hillary Clinton; likely won't be voting at all this election cycle as there is not a SINGLE candidate that makes me want to drive up to the border to vote this election cycle.

A very sad state of affairs right now and to me, Trump is just a symptom of the problems we now find ourselves in...

Peace

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2016 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
Barry, look...

First of all, he wasn't in a locker room - he was about to go on camera for a television appearance. Second, I have never said nor have heard any friends of mine EVER talk like that. The few times in my life where I have heard a man talk like that I always considered the person to be a scum bag.

OK, thinking back I do recall a few very immature young boys in junior high school maybe say something along those lines and even then I considered it to be very crude. Imagine then my reaction to hearing it come out of the mouth of a man 59 years old at the time?

I don't think I am alone in that reaction Barry and what little I know about you Barry, I am quite surprised to hear you don't share those same values.

And for the record, I am NOT voting for Hillary Clinton; likely won't be voting at all this election cycle as there is not a SINGLE candidate that makes me want to drive up to the border to vote this election cycle.

A very sad state of affairs right now and to me, Trump is just a symptom of the problems we now find ourselves in...

Peace

As I said, I too was horrified---------until I thought about it for a while. Then it occurred to me all the movies on NET FLIX (etc.) and how many of them my wife and I simply turn off in the first few mins. because of the horrific content and foul language. The Press is making a mountain out of a mole hill, in the scheme of things, IMO.

To me the symptom that Donald Trump is reflecting is the incredible frustration and anger at a Government that has gone wild in it's movement to the left, attempting to solve perceived problems and spend money on things that are of no concern to me, and failing to solve problems that are long standing and REALLY serious!

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 10-23-2016 at 10:17 AM

As I said, I too was horrified---------until I thought about it for a while. Then it occurred to me all the movies on NET FLIX (etc.) and how many of them my wife and I simply turn off in the first few mins. because of the horrific content and foul language. The Press is making a mountain out of a mole hill, in the scheme of things, IMO.

Really? You often hear characters in movies on netflix say they walk up and "grab a woman by the pussy"? Are those characters you see on TV portraying stable, responsible persons with good judgement and values that one would hope to find in a candidate for president of the United States Barry? Or are those lines from a script portraying a character who is a scummy sociopath?

Trump wasn't reading from a script. Get my point amigo?

To me the symptom that Donald Trump is reflecting is the incredible frustration and anger at a Government that has gone wild in it's movement to the left, attempting to solve perceived problems and spend money on things that are of no concern to me, and failing to solve problems that are long standing and REALLY serious!

We agree that Trump is reflecting anger and frustration - most populist movements do that. It's an easy way to get a lot of attention and attract a percentage of voters; especially those who have been disconnected from the system and have little clue as to how how constitutional government legally works.

But the reality is that Trump is simply appealing to the frustrations in people and providing no real answers. He does like to tell the crowds what they want to hear:

"Building a wall all along the southern border and Mexico will pay for it."
Ain't going to happen

"Will bring back the coal industry"
Ain't going to happen

"Going to bring back all the jobs that went offshore"
Ain't going to happen

"Going to deport all the illegal immigrants"
Ain't going to happen

"Will make China alter their trade/currency policies"
Ain't going to happen

"Will cancel NAFTA"
Ain't going to happen

"Will bring back GREAT prosperity to America again"
Ain't going to happen

See a pattern Barry? The reality is that no matter who wins in November, the country is in for more of the same political mess that we have dealt with these past few decades but probably on a much larger scale. Already many countries around the world are laughing at the circus that is the US political system today.

Like I said, Trump is a symptom of the much bigger problem. The US ignored for several decades the coming of the global economy, naively believing that somehow the US could remain insulated from a growing global economy that would eventually turn into a global standard of living. Remember when I kept asking that question a decade back?

Industrialized nations make up less than 5% of the global population and will continue to be bled to feed the other 95%+ that is now growing in the new global reality. I saw it many years ago when I toured a Wal-Mart factory in China where they were manufacturing EVERYTHING including flat screen TV's under all the different brands you now see in their stores, all under licensing agreements. Or how did you think they could sell them so cheap?

Those jobs are never going to come back Barry until the tide of cost of living begins to even out. No trade agreement renegotiation, coal mine or mass expelling of illegal immigrants could possibly change that.

Quoting what previous administrations did in decades past to revive jobs/economy is meaningless today as the global economy has brought on a completely new set of rules on a totally different playing field. The longer the US refuses to accept that fact is only going to prolong the pain, delay any possible measures to soften the blow and will ultimately take the debt to a point where the US government and economy will cease to function.

All of that could happen literally in a matter of days or weeks should the rest of the planet make the decision finally to no longer recognize the US dollar as the global reserve currency. The weaker the US economy becomes, the more likely that is going to happen.

The US needs to accept its new role in the global economy and focus all its efforts on adjusting to the new global reality instead of non-stop wars we cannot afford in other parts of the world.

Unfortunately NO politicians from ANY party will say that truth today as it would be political suicide. But it doesn't make it any less of a fact and reality.

And now you understand my lack of motivation to participate in the current political circus going on in the current election cycle...

[Edited on 10-23-2016 by BajaGringo]

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-23-2016 at 10:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  

Peace

Your type of thinking isn't new, Monoloco, and others have been saying for years, there is not difference between the republicans and democrats, because they serve the same corporate masters.

I agree with this up to a certain point, but I also see glaring differences in a few areas, especially with social policy and social services areas.

Now if it was an election between Obama, and Romney, I would understand your position a lot better.

BajaGringo, nobody expects you to drive up to San Diego, to vote, and God knows, a lot of people can't stand Hillary Clinton, especially from the Conservative right-wing crowd, and many liberals don't like here either, for her moderate career politician ways.

But come on she is running against Trump!

If you're not a Trump fan, then if you ask me, you have to repudiate Trump in the harshest terms possible for running a bitter, divisive, and racist campaign. Trump seems to have borrowed Hitler's playbook, except Trump has no experience in government office and if Trump wins, the first thing that's going to take a big hit is the US stock market, which could put the whole country in a tailspin, and with Trump's temperament, if any foreign leader insults Trump, we may be looking at war!

If Trump wins, we will probably have another idiot in office, like Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte, who in the end will leave the people in the Philippines far worse off as he tries to cut ties with the US in favor of Russia, and China.

Frankly I don't understand people like you BajaGringo, acting like our political is in a sad state of affairs, which is true, but you seem to view both candidates as equally bad, and really that's really not the case.

Now I understand many feel Hillary Clinton, is a bad politician, but Trump is beyond the pale, and really has no business being President.

Again, why are you and your ilk, on the sidelines with a crazy megalomaniac like Trump running for the Presidency?

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 10-23-2016 at 10:42 AM

Well said BajaGringo! The only thing you didn't mention is how Artificial Intelligence (AI) will change the world we know. 10 years from now our little world will be online and machines will be running machines. We are headed into the biggest change the world has ever known, the industrial revolution and the information revolution will seem small compared with what is coming. Most of America is watching the slight of hand.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 10-23-2016 at 10:54 AM

:lol: my first thought when this went sideways....this would never have been tolerated over at TalkBaja! hmmmmm......
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.