Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6
Author: Subject: Canadians in Loreto
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 07:26 PM

It was a 5,000sq ft plastic house in a backyard off of Melrose. I'd take everything back to my house in Laguna Beach and have weekend sales...I was doing 2,500-4,000 a weekend till my bozo neighbor turned me into the city of Laguna Beach...they sent me a letter saying they would sue unless I ceased my retail nursery biz...Jealousy from the neighbor. Oh well good while it lasted!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 07:30 PM
David..

Musa basjoo is the fiber banana from the Ryuku Islands of Japan just like the sego palm or Cycas revoluta

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 07:51 PM

Okay, that was what I thought... not an edible banana variety. Central California is the furthest north I have seen an edible banana.

Thank you!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 07:55 PM
OFF TOPIC! OFF TOPIC!

Quote:
Originally posted by azusa_bob
OFF TOPIC! OFF TOPIC!
Ol' Sharky-B hates it when you go off topic on "his" threads!! He's a bit of a control freak about this, if you ask me!! :lol::lol::moon::moon:

u get to know folks good on these boards, you tell em Bob...

move over Abob...... you may have company
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 09:53 PM

We need more canadians here.
friend of baja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 09:58 PM

JR, i am curious why you distrust the developers of this project so much? Do you have any direct personal knowledge or experience with any of the principals or are you just expressing a general fear of the unknown and wish to discourage others from discovering the enchantment of Loreto.

I am a homeowner.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by friend of baja
JR, i am curious why you distrust the developers of this project so much? Do you have any direct personal knowledge or experience with any of the principals or are you just expressing a general fear of the unknown and wish to discourage others from discovering the enchantment of Loreto.

I am a homeowner.

I think Jr is distrustful of all developers, and he has valid arguments, this land rush is benefiting only foreigners, and regular Mexicans are not getting richer at all, this cannot go on for ever, eventually, resentments are going to start popping up ( some areas already have them), and its not going to be nice to live in a place where the locals dont think much about you.

Developers only care about money, and they are leaving a lot of future problems for the buyers and neighboors of those developments.
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 11:01 PM

We just flew back on an Alaska flight full of people who were there for Loreto Bay. One of those people claimed to have purchased a lot for 800,000.00 (this is not a typo). Would someone please explain what the appeal is in living in a Mexican village that has no Mexicans? Kind of a little like a Disney version of Mexico....and please question them about the desal plant because last I heard it was put on hold.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 08:16 AM
Beth

It takes a goodly amount of Money for the Desalt Plant, that is why you do not hear too much about it. Get the Money in the Pot and then start the Structures.

As far as lving in mexico soley among Americans or Canadians poses a Question. I do not know as the many years I lived there it was among the Mexicans, I was interested in getting away from Ugly Americans and Canadians!

It might make a good Tread to get everyones Opinion if it could be done in a Adult Manner insteat of the many children who Ply this board with their Cursing and flaming.

Skeet/Loreto
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 10:12 AM

Cindodemayo: Did you read this?
http://loretobay.com/media/Sustanability%20Program%20Update....

Explains that they do not intend to construct the desal plant until an apparent need. If they're telling you something different now, wouldn't that at least tell you they're talking out of both sides of their mouths? Do your own homework. Lord knows, I have, but you all want to "believe." Give them your money - I don't care. If you have 10 years or so to see some semblance of what they envision, then maybe your spent dollars will be worth it. But if you want to start going down there to enjoy yourselves, then buy someplace else.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 10:37 AM
Mayo

When you go to buy in Loreto ,figure out what type of Lofe you would like to Lead then choose.

If I moved back to Loreto I would find a House or Lot for Sale in the Community of Loreto. I prefer everyday living among the Mexican People.

Better than that , go down and Rent for 6 months or a Year. then you can have more Knowledge to Buiy.

Skeet/Loreto
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 3-9-2005 at 12:26 PM
Loreto Bay

Cinco de Mayo, the people in Laguna Beach are pretty open minded about things and did you not learn a lesson there? That was nothing compared to what Loreto Bay is turning into!!:lol:
Friend, I am most certainly against ruining this peninsula with a bunch of pink houses and gringos where there were once beautiful beaches, mountains and arroyos. San Gabriel Valley used to be like that a long time ago!
But, after having traveled here for a long time and living here for 10 years, I have seen a number of similar projects. This one has been questionable from the start and I personally am highly suspect of unclear pictures being painted.
Friends of mine who know Baja went to one of their meetings in Loreto and were amazed after leaving at the lack of knowledge and questions they were unable to answer.
Something is not quite right about this thing and the fact that so many homes have been sold and so little has been done I would be quite nervous if I were into gringo enclaves.:light:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 12:39 PM
Big biz needs big moola

After looking at how Fonatur does biz, I would be careful also.....
looks like a major steet-widening project is happening.....scary! Hey JR, I watched the utter distruction of So Cal too. Nobody, with few exceptions could want that, could they???:(:(:(:(:(:no:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elizabeth
We just flew back on an Alaska flight full of people who were there for Loreto Bay. One of those people claimed to have purchased a lot for 800,000.00 (this is not a typo). Would someone please explain what the appeal is in living in a Mexican village that has no Mexicans? Kind of a little like a Disney version of Mexico....and please question them about the desal plant because last I heard it was put on hold.

Elizabeth think some people just like to be a big fish in a Little pond.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 02:29 PM
Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach had nothing to do with the demise of Orange county. Laguna Niguel and the stretch along Corona Del Mar, Dana Point and Crown Valley Parkway were where all the uglyassed homes were perched on the hillsides and people wondered why the hills were sliding. I remember all the orange groves and a great 2 lane highway thru the hills would leave you at an awesome beach....No more as the traffic and the congestion snarl everything. I was with the Fire Dept. there for 13 years and we couldn't get anywhere with the traffic. Can't stop building and developers. Look how screwed up Cabo became and I was there in 1980 when there were a half dozen hotels total....lots back then were cheap and now look at em! That's progress? It's going to happen no matter what, you can bit-h all you want but it's going to happen. That's the reality of the human race unfortunately.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 02:38 PM
saving Baja

we just want to keep the Canadians out...(the ones that hate us anyway)

:lol:
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 02:43 PM
EH?

Sharks..
Unfortunately they are everywhere too! just look at any and every timeshare across the globe and they will be piching their hype, EH? They are everywhere in Palm Desert and I remember going there when there were just date palms and the Date Festival...Now Paseo de Valencia is like Rodeo Drive...:fire:

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 03:03 PM
Puertos Los Cabos

For those of you who have not seen this project, hold onto your shorts. It will outdo anything in Loreto for raping the environment, moving Mexicans out so an "Authentic" Mexican village can be built, no plans for sewage or desal.

http://www. puertosloscabos.com

I know that most of you dont care for the Los Cabos area but this was a quiet little fishing village until the big bucks rolled in. 1800 houses, two golf courses in phase I. I was living in what you all have described as a Mexican village. All my neighbors are Mexican, we had horses, goats, chickens, burros roaming around until they paved the roads and the 100's of trucks necessary to move all the dirt from the huge hole for the marina arrived The mosquitoes are the worst they have ever been....could it be the acres of fresh water sitting around waiting for the yachts to arrive.

Heres the kicker....they are not Canadians...they're Mexicans. Of course with Fonatur's blessing
Thanks for letting me b-tch.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Heres the kicker....they are not Canadians...they're Mexicans. Of course with Fonatur's blessing

Exactly.

Mexico WANTS us here. Otherwise they wouldn't have enacted legislation allowing us to live and purchase property here.

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2005 at 08:37 PM

Of course Mexico wants us here. My point was that they(the Mexican developers of Puertoloscabos) are doing it to their own.

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.