Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato rummage sale 1/26/20 UPDATE with photos
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2020 at 05:06 PM
Punta Chivato rummage sale 1/26/20 UPDATE with photos

This Sunday is the huge rummage sale in Punta Chivato. They ALWAYS have some great sales on everything from clothes to shoes to kitchen items to fishing poles and even skis. Very inexpensive price tag on everything. Many Mexicans go and have a blast getting stuff.

It starts at 10 am but there is coffee and muffins and cookies available before that.

I am trying to get a hold of a poster advertising the sale, they are hung all around Mulege, maybe someone can find one and take a photo?

All for a good cause, the funds are used to help schools/projects in the area.

If you go, be sure to look for Les (incredible piercing blue eyes accompanied by a British Polish accent you have to hear to believe) or myself and introduce yourself.

Best of all, Punta Chivatans give me all the leftover clothes etc. which I share with a group in San Ignacio that works with ex drug addicts and also store until my scholarship kids xmas party next December. WIN WIN WIN to so many.

[file]41010[/file]

[Edited on 1-24-2020 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 1-29-2020 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2020 at 09:30 PM

Same day and time of the Chili-Pozole cook off in Mulege on the Malecon... Busy day Sunday.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
1-26-2020 at 12:04 PM
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 03:20 AM

The rummage sale was so much fun! There was delicious chili for sale besides coffee and cookies.

[file]41034[/file]

Isn't he just the cutest?!

[file]41035[/file]

The famous author JINX was there! So fun to read her books which take place in Baja. She has promised to come and visit with a friend. We should do a Jinx book club gathering.

[file]41036[/file]

This should give you a good idea of the number of folks who show up. It is a win-win in so many ways: they get incredible bargains (for example, all clothes were all 20 pesos). Their neighborhood schools get a much needed money boost. Best of all, Blanca gets all the left overs! Gets me well set up for the 2020 Christmas party for the scholarship students.

[file]41037[/file]

This cutie was in our friend's car waiting for him to finish up. Made us want another springer. We are so ready for another English springer spaniel. If you know anyone in California who has a young one ready to adopt out, we are ready and will be in San Diego for a week.

[file]41038[/file]

Here I am smiling because this angel searched me out to fund the last passport needed for my students. Four of my kids should get their passports next week.

[file]41039[/file]

Lastly, two shots of the trampoline they set out for kids (such a good idea) and the shoppers as they were headed out with their treasures.

[file]41040[/file]

[file]41041[/file]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.