Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Tidiana and family $70 for vasectomy GOAL REACHED
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 2-15-2020 at 12:38 PM
Tidiana and family $70 for vasectomy GOAL REACHED

Remember the lady who asked me to help her with tuition for her kids and I put her to help cleaning up town?

She had her 6th child and was not able to get her tubes tied so her husband says he is willing go for a vasectomy. It costs $1200 pesos or $70. Anyone interested in sponsoring them?

Tidiana and family 1x.jpg - 53kB

I wish the photo was not sideways hahahaha Too much effort to try and change it. Bear with me amigos. I am NOT tech savvy.

This is a very loving family. He was dealing drugs until about 8 months ago and stopped when his name got on a hit list. Now they are happy but struggling.

The orange peels on the floor are the oranges I had just given each of the kids. The oranges from Vizcaino are awesome this year BTW.

[Edited on 2-15-2020 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 2-18-2020 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2020 at 04:19 PM

BTW I think I need to explain that the procedure itself is free but this is gas and food cash for him to go to Santa Rosalia from La Bocana.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-15-2020 at 05:33 PM

Blanca, be sure to remind them BOTH he needs to .... errmm... empty the tubes several times after the procedure before he's truly sterile. Many an oops baby is born because daddy is in too much of a hurry.

Buena Suerte a todos.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 08:49 PM

Really? Makes sense but I had no idea. Can I get 4 of you to deposit $20?

These kids are ridiculed in school, we really need for him to sire NO MORE.

It is huge that he is male in a macho society and willing to do this. His wife had serious issues with blood pressure while having the last baby.

[Edited on 2-17-2020 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 09:07 PM

Don’t they have condoms in la bocana?
How much does the pill cost?
Perhaps those traveling gringo docs should put on vasectomy tours to the boonies, eh?
$70 seems cheap for a vasectomy.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 09:36 PM

Goat, the procedure is free.

This money is for hin to get to Santa Rosalia and back.

Come visit La Bocana

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 06:36 AM

Blanca... is Paypal still an option? I think I sent funds for this family before to you through it?

I'll do the first forty.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 06:59 AM

I’ll pay the rest. Please U2U me with payment instructions.

Best wishes,
W

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 01:41 PM

yahooooooooooooo

Come visit La Bocana

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 03:56 PM

Blanca sent $50 for student sundries before I read that you had already headed south .. but certainly I trust you to utilize the funds where they are best needed.

amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 04:20 PM

Im amazed. I helped at a vet clinic one year and the guys even when free would not cut off their dogs balls. No problem fixing the females but not the males
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 04:06 AM

amigobaja - You are so right! Our wonderful friend Joaquin could NOT be convinced to fix his male dog! We tried and tried for years. I was flabbergasted when Tidiana's husband said he would have a vasectomy! And my face showed it because he repeated it twice to make sure I understood.

I also explained that nowadays it is reversible should he one day decide to change his mind. He didn't know this but his reaction was NO MORE KIDS!

God bless him for stepping up to the plate and God bless all of you for making this happen.

Come visit La Bocana

RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 04:13 PM

I loved my vasectomy probably 35+ years ago. Totally took the worry out of fun times. Mrs. Squirrel liked it too. Don't have to hide the "nuts" any more...
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 05:26 PM

:rolleyes: What Rocky just said... been about 35 years, decided as a young man i'm a Nun.... ain't had nun, don't want nun, ain't gonna git NUN. Been sleeping like a DOT man at work ever since.

Counseled lots of men and women on the subject over the years, and firmly believe it ain't as much macho as men are basically cowards at heart.

Quien tienes los juevos? La Gallina tienes! :smug:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2020 at 07:09 AM

Well, I stopped by to visit the family yesterday to drop off a family photo I had printed up and it turns out this last baby was the 7th child! One of the kids was not home when I took the above photo, so I took a new one and will have it printed up today. The one daughter who was missing looked at the pic and said Where am I? Then they remembered she had been at school working on something.

Oh my gosh. 7 kids! They live in a shack, they have no running water, Mom heats up water for their daily bathing, no electricity and big gaps in the wooden slats that serve as walls. I took my Mom with me and she was shocked to the bone. Where is my magic wand?

There used to be a couple here who helped build better structures for families. Unfortunately, they moved back to Los Cabos. Many locals help with food and clothes for this family but my dream is for them to have a pretty little home with the basics.

We are now working on setting up the vasectomy. Thanks all for funding his gas money and I will keep everyone posted.

Come visit La Bocana

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-20-2020 at 08:35 AM

Tidiana and family 1x.jpg - 91kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2020 at 06:37 PM

Hola,

when i had mine 57 years ago due to the same problem but, only 4 kids, the doctor told me it takes 12 ejaculations to clear the sperm and after the 12th, mail in a sample in a condom to make sure. not sure about nowadays.

also, blanca misinformed the gentleman about reversing a vasectomy. my son tried for a couple of years and was not successful. i have read in the past that very few are successful. i didn't ask my son what the costs were.

i'm sure that joaquin would be able to afford a reversal anyway as he can't afford to get to the doctor without financial aid anyway.

good for him for stepping up ! hopefully, it's catchy. maybe they'll have sterilization clinics like for dogs and cats. seriously !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2020 at 04:32 AM

Thanks for the above information BDR

David, I love that the photo is right side up! What am I doing wrong?

Family portrait Feb 2020 x.jpg - 164kB

Come visit La Bocana

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2020 at 05:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Well, I stopped by to visit the family yesterday to drop off a family photo I had printed up and it turns out this last baby was the 7th child! One of the kids was not home when I took the above photo, so I took a new one and will have it printed up today. The one daughter who was missing looked at the pic and said Where am I? Then they remembered she had been at school working on something.

Oh my gosh. 7 kids! They live in a shack, they have no running water, Mom heats up water for their daily bathing, no electricity and big gaps in the wooden slats that serve as walls. I took my Mom with me and she was shocked to the bone. Where is my magic wand?

There used to be a couple here who helped build better structures for families. Unfortunately, they moved back to Los Cabos. Many locals help with food and clothes for this family but my dream is for them to have a pretty little home with the basics.

We are now working on setting up the vasectomy. Thanks all for funding his gas money and I will keep everyone posted.

Blanca, Many years ago my wife and I met a man in Guatemala that we felt a connection to. I passed him my business card and offered assistance if he should have a need. His first request passed in an email from a German man was for $12. His son needed soccer shoes to play on the town team and his kids needed paper and pencils to attend school.

The first photo we received from them with a thank you note, was inside a shack just as you described. A piece of plywood served as a bed and a couple of hammocks strung over it were for the kids (4). A small shelf and a couple of posters on the walls filled the rest of the space.

There's much more to the story but 22 years later they are our 'family' in Guatemala. Faithful assistance to this family is what we credit our own financial well being to. God does bless those who bless others (I'm unapologetic about that statement so those who wish to deny; share it with someone who cares).

But the blessing of the smiles on their faces (much as your photo) is inspirational when considering their plight. And the evidence of their faith that better days are ahead is strengthening...they see the evidence in such as you coming into their lives.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-21-2020 at 10:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Thanks for the above information BDR

David, I love that the photo is right side up! What am I doing wrong?

You need to rotate your photo 90° to the right (even though it might look normal in your Pictures folder) then try uploading that to Nomad attachments. I had to play with it a couple times, myself. That's the great thing about 'Preview Post'... You can see what the post looks like before it goes on Nomad.

[Edited on 2-21-2020 by David K]

Family portrait Feb 2020 x.jpg - 79kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.