Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Just pulled the trigger on our first Baja trip since Jan 2020
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 04:19 PM
Just pulled the trigger on our first Baja trip since Jan 2020

Three of us flying down from LA. Two, maybe three, of my friends coming over from Sonora.

Weather should be great that time of year. Taking the bikes, zodiac, and truck down 2 weeks before, and then flying back to LA.

It feels really good to support the economy and not live in fear. Planning two more trips for November and again in Dec/Jan.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 04:47 PM

Cool! I hope it all works out. I plan on letting the people that live down there tell me if I´m wanted or not. Not peeps nob that have no clue. I´ll be earlier than you in oct. but could cross paths in nov?
Saludos
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 05:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Cool! I hope it all works out. I plan on letting the people that live down there tell me if I´m wanted or not. Not peeps nob that have no clue. I´ll be earlier than you in oct. but could cross paths in nov?
Saludos

Yeah, I have some friends in Loreto. They really want us to come.

We aren't going to a foam party at a bar or anything, so I'm pretty sure all will be "ok."

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 06:45 PM

I will be interested to see what Loreto peeps say. La Bocana is all open but also have zero cases of covid 19.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 07:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I will be interested to see what Loreto peeps say.

He doesn't care :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 07:23 PM

I will be interested to see what Loreto peeps say. La Bocana is all open but also have zero cases of covid 19.

We hope to be down about 6-7 weeks over a 3-4 month period.

Would love to come see you guys if you think it's cool?

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2020 at 08:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
It feels really good to support the economy and not live in fear. Planning two more trips for November and again in Dec/Jan.

Your attitudes and beliefs are crystal clear. I can't imagine anyone here thinking you live in fear, esp. about the virus. Fine with me. Have at it.

I'm puzzled, though, as to why you point out to this forum, in many posts, that you don't live in fear? And then point out, in an accusatory manner, that people who have concerns about the virus are sheep, and live in fear because they believe the state dept. assertion that travel SOB is restricted to essential people.

I get the impression you're trying to provoke people here. Why?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 05:25 AM

Not far behind you JZ...just a few days later and a different coast line in Mex.

Thought of canceling not long ago and speaking to the people I will be around in their land... they all said to not do that. They want and need those of us who will come, to come. They reassured me that the level of care in social contacts was just as strong where they were as that of the US...even maybe more so from what they had seen on media.

I watched several YouTube postings of recent travelers doing what we were going to do. The level of safety was impressive and illustrated their desire to get travelers back to their area.

To those on this board that protest JZ's advocacy of traveling and living without fear as a guidance... It seems to me he is at least as diligent in understanding all angles and implications prior to making decisions and the testament is that he does and returns from travels that carry a level of risk.

To question his vocal advocacy when the greater onslaught is actually condemnation... is an illustration of bias, not a seeking of understanding. And that's where fear takes you... nowhere.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 06:16 AM

There's a difference between being careful, cautious and being afraid, anxious. Saying people who have decided it's best to not travel are people living in fear is wrong. Such people are being careful to not get infected and infect others. They are being cautious. A smart way to be, especially if you're 60 or over.

[Edited on 8-26-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 07:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
I will be interested to see what Loreto peeps say.

He doesn't care :rolleyes:

Jed if there are filtros that aren´t allowing national tourism in I will happily respect that. I havn´t seen filtros down here for many months. I know that BCS is open for tourism as I am booked on the ferry and in a couple of hotels. I don´t know why Loreto would be any different.

[Edited on 8-26-2020 by chippy]
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 08:38 AM

Loreto isn't different. You can fly there. Hotels are open.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Loreto isn't different. You can fly there. Hotels are open.

Why won't you answer Lee's question ?

Afraid?

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:09 AM

Jed if there are filtros that aren´t allowing national tourism in I will happily respect that. I havn´t seen filtros down here for many months. I know that BCS is open for tourism as I am booked on the ferry and in a couple of hotels. I don´t know why Loreto would be any different.

There were no "filtros" for Sturgis and a lot of folks thought it was a good idea to show up.... social consciousness could be a filtro ....but one needs to have it to apply it.

Lee nailed it with his question (which was well-worded).... read between the lines with JZ's self-centered logic.....his rationalization of "helping Baja's economy" is a transparent veneer of justification.

Folks supporting his modality are of the same ilk....some Nomads are demonstrating a more respectful attitude towards others....

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:17 AM

I want to go to Baja in the worst way... but it is the worst time during a pandemic. Baja will be there in 2021, so 2020 is just a non-travel year... except on the computer!
:light::biggrin::coolup:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:25 AM

There were no "filtros" for Sturgis and a lot of folks thought it was a good idea to show up.... social consciousness could be a filtro ....but one needs to have it to apply it.

Lee nailed it with his question (which was well-worded).... read between the lines with JZ's self-centered logic.....his rationalization of "helping Baja's economy" is a transparent veneer of justification.

Folks supporting his modality are of the same ilk....some Nomads are demonstrating a more respectful attitude towards others....

And sturgis has what to do with Baja? It looked to me like sturgis was a bunch of wanna be bikers that were not following any of the covid protocols.
Down here they are following the protocols in stores, restaurants,hotels ect. It´s the nueva normalidad and will be for awhile.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:44 AM

And sturgis has what to do with Baja? It looked to me like sturgis was a bunch of wanna be bikers that were not following any of the covid protocols.
Down here they are following the protocols in stores, restaurants,hotels ect. It´s the nuevo normalidad and will be for awhile.

Sturgis was an example of folks following personal desires rather than epidemic risk management....unfortunate you didn't get that.

The USA leads the world in covid deaths....people " excersizing their rights" seems to be the greatest risk of covid transmission.
Mexico is the next out-of-control country.

How's that working for you guys?

The countries managing the virus best are those willing to put personal interests second to the general public health.

Even DK gets it:
"I want to go to Baja in the worst way... but it is the worst time during a pandemic. Baja will be there in 2021, so 2020 is just a non-travel year... except on the computer!"

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:48 AM

I can only add this all my friends from so cal. Have been coming here to visit non stop since February to date. They are careful non are sick. For this month of August the beach near me. Every weekend looks like 4 of July all California plates on beach. Fisherman campers atv sxs Moto I have never seen so many. So many comments from people that don't live here. Or want to compare USA . All good but bad info some places in Baja open and all good . In my town two where sick hospital one day sent home to recover . They did one person very sick with other health problems. Did in fact pass away two months ago. Live and let live people.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:49 AM

Down here they are following the protocols in stores, restaurants,hotels ect. It´s the nuevo normalidad and will be for awhile.

Sturgis was an example of folks following personal desires rather than epidemic risk management....unfortunate you didn't get that.

Sounds to me like Chippy got it. :?:

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Sounds to me like Chippy got it. :?:

wanna be bikers?:lol:
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:55 AM

The USA leads the world in covid deaths....people " excersizing their rights" seems to be the greatest risk of covid transmission.
Mexico is the next out-of-control country.

How's that working for you guys?

The countries managing the virus best are those willing to put personal interests second to the general public health.

Even DK gets it:
"I want to go to Baja in the worst way... but it is the worst time during a pandemic. Baja will be there in 2021, so 2020 is just a non-travel year... except on the computer!"

Easy for you to say living up there on the frozen tundra while your gov takes care of you. We don´t have that option down here. Our gov. has not and will not do anything to help business or people down here. People got to work or starve. It´s all doable with precautions that are taking place.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.