Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Estrella Jalisco Cerveza/ not bad
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-28-2020 at 05:54 PM
Estrella Jalisco Cerveza/ not bad

Never had tried this but yesterday our Modesto Costco had a big stack next to the Pacificos, and at $19 was three bucks cheaper.

I have resisted trying this, even though my bride is from Jalisco, because every time I watch the Giants play in LA the right field sign has a big "Estrella Jalisco" prominently displayed, and good Giants fans avoid much of anything with a Dodger blue tint.

Popped one last night and it was pretty decent, I must say.
Good enough that I had a second just to make sure.

Not sure about the Jalisco tag. The bottom of the bottle indicated it was made in Zacatecas......
Just so it is not Dodger brew it is all good with me.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-28-2020 at 06:33 PM

Bottles, or cans?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2020 at 07:24 PM

Bottles
Haven’t seen a can of Mexican cerveza in our Costco this year

I prefer bottles
Cans are great for road beer
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 06:44 AM

Estrella is a light and refreshing beer. Perfect for our suffocatingly hot rainy season months down here on the Jalisco coast.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 07:21 AM
Beer threads are always interesting

something nomads have in common.

But wait a minute, beer in clear bottles??

Not for this aficionado!

beer.jpeg - 19kB

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 08:53 AM

I'm going back to homebrew in Mexico.

I just hope nobody has a hissy-fit when they find my fresh vacuum-packed hops.
Look a little too much like mota.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 09:41 AM

I picked up a 12 pack last summer in Wyoming, of all places. It was not too bad as I recall, similar to Corona. A lime would probably been a nice addition. I was getting burned out on ales, needed something lighter for a couple days.

John
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 01:47 PM

Clear bottles!?

Modelo is in clear bottles
Better than green
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 02:14 PM

Sol is in clear bottles, as well. Only Corona seems to have a crappy, clear-bottle taste? I still prefer Pacifico, Dos Equis, and Tecate Light as my beer trifecta.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 02:50 PM

I associate clear bottles with Corona therefore haven't tried others. Corona tastes terrible.

My wife brought home a new pair of flip-flops for me. They have a bottle opener built into the sole. Cool. I'll get some Dos Equis and try them out. :cool:

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 03:01 PM

You peeps need to find a mexican beer worth drinking!

The goat is only drinking these beers this summer.... Two great beers, and not from Mexico, of course.
Paulaner Hefe-Weizen
Alesmith 394 pale ale

And of course: G&T, old fashioneds and red wines.

When I retire, I think I will take up alcoholism as my retirement hobby!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 03:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Alesmith 394 pale ale

That's my friend's favorite beer, she loves it, very tasty. Tony Gwynn's 1994 batting average, I'm sure you know.

Had an Elysian Space Dust yesterday, well, two of them. Holy cow! I did not realize they were 8.2% ABV. Thank God we'd already finished the motorcycle ride and I only had a couple miles to ride home.

John
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 03:50 PM

no reason to drink crappy beer down here, all OXXO's have both Lagunitas little sumpin's (7 1/2)and IPA's (6 1/2)and like OXXO's are kept just above freezing. at 34 peso's hard to beat :coolup:

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 07:45 PM

What is worst a beer snob or a coffee snob? If I like it , I drink it .Don't tell me what I should drink.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-29-2020 at 08:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
What is worst a beer snob or a coffee snob? If I like it , I drink it .Don't tell me what I should drink.

I will never offer you recommendations! None what so ever!
If you like drinking bad beer and bad coffee, you have my full support! Ignore anything about food and drink, we don’t want you to read it! Avert your eyes, cover your ears, and you will be safe!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2020 at 09:41 AM

Flip-flop with built-in bottle opener. :cool:

The silver colored little rectangle is a piece of metal fixed in an indent in the sole.

flipflop.jpeg - 4kB

[Edited on 8-30-2020 by SFandH]

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2020 at 10:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Sol is in clear bottles, as well. Only Corona seems to have a crappy, clear-bottle taste? I still prefer Pacifico, Dos Equis, and Tecate Light as my beer trifecta.
I was right with you until you said Tecate Light. Sorry, that is too much like making love in a canoe... F***ing near Water!:lol:

In Memory of E-57
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-30-2020 at 10:21 AM
A good breakfast beer?

I prefer amber ales, and sometimes an IPA, but their flavor is a bit robust to accompany the subtle taste of scrambled eggs, with an English muffin and a slice of melon.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-30-2020 at 10:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I was right with you until you said Tecate Light. Sorry, that is too much like making love in a canoe... F***ing near Water!:lol:

Don't knock it unless you tried it? Refreshing, no after-taste.

We were turned onto Tecate Light by Baja Rob of Bahía Santa María... It is a more "gulpable" beer in hot weather... I drank regular Tecate before then.

For non-light beer, I like most Mexican brews (but not Corona... unless one is handed to me... I am not rude!): Pacifico, XX Lager, Mexicali, Victoria, Sol... the list can be long!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-30-2020 at 10:34 AM
Lets get back to the important part of the thread

A Giant fan or a Dodger fan? Give me a break, the long glorious history of the Dodgers with players like Sandy Koufax or the bat thumping Juan Marichal representing the San Francisco Seals? (Giants)

Go Blue!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.