BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Is the new Bronco a Jeep killer?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2020 at 03:15 PM
Is the new Bronco a Jeep killer?

I'm gonna say yes. Just a more capable off road vehicle. So much off road stuff you can buy direct from the factory.

Plus they provide high end options like a 320hp engine and much more luxurious trim packages.

Doors come off about 5x easier. Jeep has basically sat on their engineering butts, and Ford just lapped them.

https://youtu.be/06oa3mncWgA

[Edited on 12-11-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-11-2020 at 04:19 PM

Bronco has that look that will make it a popular chicks car and popular mall crawler for the socal suburbanites like those calabasas

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2020 at 05:06 PM

Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing some more reviews. I haven't seen too many of the new Ford Rangers on the road and I think Ford really blew it by surrendering the market to Toyota when they stopped production for a few years. Even Chevy stayed in the mid size truck market and got a boost to their crappy trucks in the interim.

Happy Hanukkah!

John

[Edited on 12-12-2020 by John Harper]
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2020 at 06:55 PM

Looks interesting but I'm going to stay with the jeep Gladiator as my choice. Solid front axel, 4-1 transfer case and lockers all will work good for my use. I also like the bed and the ability to put on a camper shell and remove it when it's not needed.
Plus I'm dumbass loyal jeep guy so I look with my blinders on!!! I did enjoy the Gladiator test drive.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 12-11-2020 at 08:52 PM

forget the sales pitch give one to Harold and see what we get:light:

[Edited on 12-12-2020 by del mar]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-11-2020 at 08:57 PM
There is no need for Ford to kill Jeep!

Just let Jeep be at peace in the Fiat/Chrysler hospice care! ;)

[Edited on 12-12-2020 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2020 at 09:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing some more reviews. I haven't seen too many of the new Ford Rangers on the road and I think Ford really blew it by surrendering the market to Toyota when they stopped production for a few years. Even Chevy stayed in the mid size truck market and got a boost to their crappy trucks in the interim.

Happy Hanukkah!

John

[Edited on 12-12-2020 by John Harper]

I've never been a Ford guy. Never bought one.

Think they going to do something special with this product line. Supposedly, leveraging the chassis into a new Ranger. We'll see.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 06:54 AM

Hopefully the New Bronco engine is good and not fail. Time will tell seems like all brands recalls.
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 08:27 AM

Torque is where it’s at. What is that number for the bronco?
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 10:18 AM

Really wish the Gladiator would have offered the Hemi as an option, the Bronco is rated at a little more power then the jeep. Also I think the Eco Diesel is a bit of a dud in the Gladiator from what my friends say about them in the trucks.
It's a good motor but not a good choice if you are going to use it off road and going slow, it messes with the regin crap that's part of the emissions. Doing short runs doesn't get the motor and exhaust hot enough to burn of the particles like the computer want's!
Anyone drive the Bronco yet?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 10:30 AM

Both the Gladiator and the 4-door Wrangler should be getting a V-8 unless they can get the power from a V-6 as Ford has and uses on the Raptor (with 450 HP compared to Jeep's 285 HP).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 10:35 AM

Mainly because of the new Bronco the whole thing deal is evolvin.
Lots of pluses and minuses. For sure the Ford v6 and 10 speed is a huge plus due to it bullet proof drive train and track record based on the F150
A big minus for the Bronco would be all the electronics that comes from the Raptor. Otherwise lots of details to confuse comparison

Regarding a big v8 on either the Jeep or Bronco a whole new driver train is needed for reliability. That means a truck drivetrain is needed. Then it is no longer a Wrangler or a Bronco. Just buy a Ram or a f150 and be happy. Lots people already did just that.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 12:53 PM

paulW, good point, the V8 would require one ton axles and other upgrades to keep from destroying everything in the drive train. IFS requires a lot of upgrading as well if your going to do any serious off-roading.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 02:04 PM

Currently both the Bronco and the Wrangler (including the v8 Wrangler) are all using the strongest M220 D44, front and rear. More torque will break those diffs either front or rear.
Everybody that upgrades Wrangler to V8 use D60 axle front and rear.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 03:44 PM

Agreed, I run a Currie 60 in the rear of my v8 powered scrambler, the front 44 has chromoly shafts and has never been and issue but I'm also geared in the 200 to 1 range with both cases locked in and don't beat on my rigs.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 04:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Bronco has that look that will make it a popular chicks car and popular mall crawler for the socal suburbanites like those calabasas

Do not disagree with this. It's sharp looking. Gonna get one for the wife. But, I'll take it to Baja.

Don Pisto
Banned

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 05:25 PM

unfortunately the factory pulled the plug on these cool donut doors :(

true they make no sense but what the heck if its just a mall crawler.....

[Edited on 12-13-2020 by Don Pisto]

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 05:27 PM

Agreed, I run a Currie 60 in the rear of my v8 powered scrambler, the front 44 has chromoly shafts and has never been and issue but I'm also geared in the 200 to 1 range with both cases locked in and don't beat on my rigs.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 09:26 PM

The cyber truck will eat Broncos for lunch...

0-60 MPH <2.9 SECONDS
RANGE 500+ MILES (EPA EST.)
DRIVETRAIN TRI MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
STORAGE 100 CU FT
VAULT LENGTH 6.5 FT
TOWING CAPACITY 14,000+ LBS
AUTOPILOT STANDARD
ADAPTIVE AIR SUSPENSION STANDARD
GROUND CLEARANCE UP TO 16"
APPROACH ANGLE 35 DEGREES
DEPARTURE ANGLE 28 DEGREES

3 elec motors. More torque than 5 Broncos combined

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 12-13-2020 at 09:47 AM

Its a good looking SUV that is priced lower than the Wrangler, but my wife prefers the Jeep.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.