BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  11
Author: Subject: Who is now vaccinated and ready for Baja?
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 3-10-2021 at 10:21 PM
Who is now vaccinated and ready for Baja?

Wife received her second vaccination on Monday. I received my second dose last month. I'm watching incoming data from CDC, thinking πŸ€” Baja can happen again soon without fear of getting sick while on vacation/away from home.

The Mrs. and I have been avoiding contact with neighbors, friends and family for the past 12 months. Tbh, I'm tired of the same desert trails, feeling "boxed-in" north of the border.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2021 at 10:26 PM

I am, and I am.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-10-2021 at 10:27 PM

Great news Ken. 2021 will be a very good year in Baja.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 3-10-2021 at 10:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

The desert seasons almost over and the restrictions havent been lifted. 'Very good' sounds a little optimistic. One more month before the sun starts scorching. When are travel restrictions changing to reflect current metrics?
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2021 at 11:16 PM

Get my 2nd dose this Sat - Plan to head down to Gonzaga in mid April.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-10-2021 at 11:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  

The desert seasons almost over and the restrictions havent been lifted. 'Very good' sounds a little optimistic. One more month before the sun starts scorching. When are travel restrictions changing to reflect current metrics?

Summer in Baja is my favorite time. Maybe use this as an opportunity to get out on the Sea of Cortez this year?

The water and views are just incredible in the summer. Almost every night you can see the lighting storms coming from the mainland.

[Edited on 3-11-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 06:58 AM

Got my 1st shot of the Pfizer in Cabo yesterday. No lines. Very organized.

You can sign up at: https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/.

You don't have to wait for a call back if you don't want. Just print out or take a photo of the final page then just show up wherever you hear they are administering shots.

You will need your CURP number to sign up.

[Edited on 11-3-2021 by Bajabus]

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 07:07 AM

Free of Charge. Mostly Mexican Nationals there with a scattering of Gringos.

This was at Secundario Technico #19.

[Edited on 11-3-2021 by Bajabus]

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 07:19 AM

i spoke with a local friend who got vaxed in csl yesterday. he made it sound easy.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 07:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
i spoke with a local friend who got vaxed in csl yesterday. he made it sound easy.

It was very easy. They check your paperwork and ID at the school entrance. Then you go to a second line where they let in 5 people at a time. In the classroom there are about 5 rows of chairs with 5 chairs in each row. You are asked a series of questions about your health and your paperwork is collected. The vaccines appear to be kept in cooler with dry ice. When it's that rows turn, they give you the shot and mark the time on your paperwork. 30 min later they ask you more questions about how you are feeling then let you leave. You are asked to get a 2nd shot in 21 days. They will call you or again, just present yourself with the aforementioned paperwork after 21 days at any vaccination center.

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 07:48 AM

Got my first Moderna yesterday. The second dose will be April 7th and at that point, everyone in the family will be fully vaccinated ahead of our May 1st Baja trip for the month.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 07:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

The metrics have improved a little bit, but I don’t see where the metrics have changed so much that they support lifting travel restrictions...
Neither Mexico nor USA have vaccinated a significant number of people yet.
The vaccination process is going really slow.
So far only really old people and privileged classes of workers or unhealthy people have been allowed to get the vaccine, and overall vaccination rate is quite low.

Woke!

β€œ...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” β€œMy fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 08:08 AM

The roll-out of the vaccine in Massachusetts - particularly on Cape Cod - has been slow and chaotic. As it is, at 61 and with no known underlying health problems, I don't yet qualify to be shot. Once I do, my wife and I will happily do our part to put an eventual end to this plague.

I'm not sure how soon I'll be ready to travel anywhere beyond the Sagamore Bridge. My father's ashes remain with my brother in California, where they've been since last April awaiting an informal gathering of close family (many of whom aren't close in terms of physical proximity). That will likely be my first trip. As for Baja, I'd like to know that I'm not potentially contributing to a health crisis by taking a premature victory lap. Naturally each individual will have to make that determination on his or her own.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 08:44 AM

I am scheduled to get my second Pfizer shot Wednesday, at a VA clinic about 20 miles away.

I don't have any Baja trip planned for the near future, but I am strongly considering a mid summer trip to the Pacific side this year. I have never been in Mexico between mid May and late September.

[Edited on 3-11-2021 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 08:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I am scheduled to get my second Pfizer shot Wednesday, at a VA clinic about 20 miles away.

I don't have any Baja trip planned for the near future, but I am strongly considering a mid summer trip to the Pacific side this year. I have never been in Mexico between mid May and late September.

[Edited on 3-11-2021 by AKgringo]

I went to Todos Santos in July 2013, and it was wonderful. As expected, it was very hot during the day, and a few shops and restaurants were closed, but there was a sleepy vibe to the town that simply doesn't exist during the height of the tourist season.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 09:43 AM

My wife and I are vaccinated. It helps to be old. We will be making our annual trip to Los Cabos the end of April. (Last years was cancelled.)

I won't me making my annual drive to Mulege because I think they're still having problems and wouldn't appreciate visitors.

What I'm doing at work is so secret, even I don't know what I'm doing!

One should believe in God, because even Google doesn't know everything.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 10:42 AM

Good topic Ken, got my 2nd Pfizer. Have a few days left
on the 14 day period after the vax. Hope the affect is
lasting, cautiously optimistic

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 10:51 AM

La Bocana is at full speed ahead. Some locals (very few) were vaccinated but the virus has seemingly stopped infecting locals and they are ready for business as usual.

The cabins on the beach are booked solid all of next month with kiters and all of either August or Sept with fishermen. They are thrilled.

We have had visitors for the last 3 weeks and put each family in a separate location. As long as you wear a mask, anyone is welcome at the huge supermarket and the Beach restaurant puts spaces between tables with a max of 4 per table. We always sit outside, we feel more comfortable that way.

Right now we have 3 folks visiting who belong to bands in the US and one of them is the band leader for Eric Burdon of the Animals! I think we shall be having some music on the porch this afternoon. So excited!

They are the ones who brought down shoes clothes and toys for Tidiana's kids.

This pandemic has brought in many Mexicans who otherwise would have been traveling to other cities. We had guests from Vizcaino and G Negro like never before.

Brazil is not doing its part in making workd travel happen any faster. What a mess that country is and it will affect all of us with the Amazon variant. I apologize on behalf of its people!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 01:00 PM

Got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine 5 weeks ago through VA. Made two 350 mile round trips to the West LA Med Center but was happy to do it since supply here in San Luis Obispo County was very uncertain at the time. I got in and out of the Covid center in less than an hour each time, they were very efficient.

I would love to head south right now but am going to delay for a bit just out of caution. My friends in Mulege, both locals and expats, are encouraging me to come and I will reconsider next month. If large Semana Santa crowds show up that would discourage me from going since it could result in more infections. Might just wait until Fall.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2021 at 01:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
If large Semana Santa crowds show up that would discourage me from going since it could result in more infections. Might just wait until Fall.

Yeah the Semana Santa crowds worry me also. So far, beaches here in Elias Calles are deserted.

Pages:  1    3  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.