Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: another car jacking
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 11:57 AM
another car jacking

Violently Robbed UTV Trailer Truck and Pickup between Ojos Negros and San Felipe
If you're interested in participating in the lower 1000, please be careful, I've seen a couple of posts on Facebook about people committing robbery with violence in the area between eyes black and valley of trinity, This time it happened to my guys d and @thegoodnewsracing, they got shot and they stole them at gunpoint, fortunately no one was physically injured, they took the truck, trailer and utv, if anyone sees it please do not try to confront them and call C Operations.
Recommendation don't drive down that stretch..... And the authority?....
Desert in Baja Information Source

257640204_1213384135736713_7858998747048283617_n.jpeg - 70kB

[Edited on 11-14-2021 by 4x4abc]

Harald Pietschmann
Don Pisto
Banned

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 12:14 PM

Report by FishGistics
STOLEN! Last night, after dark at 5:30p. I. this @thegoodnewsracing truck and trailer with Can-Am drove from Eyes to Valley T when around KM77 a dark colored Toyota Tacoma with 4 people stopped behind them and started to follow and then several shots of a rifle started coming from the Tacoma behind. They stopped and jumped and heard "Run b-tches or we kill them" (Run us bastards or we kill them). They ran in different directions away from the vehicle. The occupants in the Tacoma jumped into this truck and left with it including the trailer and X3 on it. Everyone was able to get to a local house and got a trip back to Ensenada and filed a police report. SCORE has notified Mexico's Military, Federal and State Police and have sent armed forces to patrol the area and will be secured. On a note, they kept the truck key with them, so most likely it didn't start after turning it off wherever they went. GMC Denali 2500 CA License 57550X2. The trailer is 24ft as seen in pictures (Gordini is not in it when stolen). Please DM any sightings or information! #fishgistics #baja1000 #score #stolen #km77

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 12:21 PM

Have an Airtag on mine. Is a good $25 security option if you have an iPhone.

Glad everyone is safe. So sorry.

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
Have an Airtag on mine. Is a good $25 security option if you have an iPhone.

Glad everyone is safe. So sorry.

If you find vehicle with sat tag, I would not try to get it back myself when bad guys have guns…

Maybe coax the popo or military to go collect the vehicle

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 01:01 PM

Carjackings are scary chit.
Good reminder to not drive at night!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 01:48 PM

Baja,

Proving once again, that the “Wild West” still lives !

Sorry to hear of this , what a chit-show to go through !
Nobody’s hurt , so that’s something good ,,,,,,,,

Correction, nobody’s hurt, except a few wallets ……

[Edited on 11-14-2021 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 02:31 PM

Just to note that Ojos Negros and Valle Trinidad are pretty far from San Felipe. Remote stretch of Hwy 3, about half-way to Ensenada.
Hwy 5 from Gonzaga to Chapala is same remote, only shorter.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2021 at 05:57 PM

And . apparently a guy was robbed and beaten outside of Mario's near Guerrero Negro earlier this week.
Yes, this chite happens in US, but it did NOT used to happen often in Baja.. The times they are a changin.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 07:30 AM

Was it the San Matias pass area ???

Es Todo Bueno
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 07:57 AM

San Matias Pass is not between Ojos Negros and Valle de la Trinidad, so it doesn't seem so.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 08:02 AM

Km 77 is what was said in FB..

Woke!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 08:20 AM

This robbery is not only one this week. Reports of another carjacking same area, and an attempt (car shot at).

Given the news, you would have to be suicidal to drive that highway right now!

Do cops care? Given how cops spend their time robbing tourists, I think not.

Woke!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 08:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

A check of the Benchmark Baja California Road Atlas (with every kilometer shown):

That would place it between Ojos Negros (Km. 40) and Ejido Independencia (Km. 91). San Matias Pass is around Km. 150.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 08:42 AM

Lots of trucks and offroad vehicles on the streets for Baja 1000. Hawks looking for prey to pass by.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 09:22 AM

Yup - correct David.
Guys make wild assumptions and do not bother to even look at a map. Nothing related to San Felipe or San Matias which are many miles from the incident.

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

A check of the Benchmark Baja California Road Atlas (with every kilometer shown):

That would place it between Ojos Negros (Km. 40) and Ejido Independencia (Km. 91). San Matias Pass is around Km. 150.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 09:25 AM

The best part of the story. The GMC owner kept the keys. Which means as soon as the bad guy turns off the truck it will not restart without the missing keys.
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
The best part of the story. The GMC owner kept the keys. Which means as soon as the bad guy turns off the truck it will not restart without the missing keys.

hmm - how did they keep the keys without turning off the truck ?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 10:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mojo_norte  
Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  

hmm - how did they keep the keys without turning off the truck ?

I drive old cars, but I know that with many newer designs, a key is just to unlock a door or glove box. Starting is by pushing a button, and the the key fob has to be in close proximity.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 10:48 AM

Whoops I should have said key fob. No key just the RF fob.
Works like all modern autos. Push the button and the car starts if the keyfob is close by like in your pocket. Now truck is running. Walk away the the truck keeps running until someone hits the start button to stop the motor. Now the fob is needed to restart.
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2021 at 10:53 AM

This robbery is not only one this week. Reports of another carjacking same area, and an attempt (car shot at).

Source ?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.