BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Our star Pablo, this story should make your year!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 08:04 AM
Our star Pablo, this story should make your year!

I had the nicest, most serious student named Pablo in 2013. His mom was a doll and his dad a good guy too. They loved this kid and were determined to make him a star. He joined the scholarship project and I mentored him from 2013 - 2014.

Here is his original file folder. I create one for every student in the college scholarship project.

To qualify, they must have straight A's all throughout high school and must get excellent monthly evaluations. Box checked!

All students are taken to the dentist and for eye exams if they need it. Pablo had a serious gum infection which we treated, he also needed glasses - serously thick glasses - which we got in Santa Rosalia. These are my notes.

Now the family lives in Santa Rosalia, but when they lived in La Bocana, they ran a hotdog stand. Here is Pablo in front of the business sign.

When he applied to college, he ranked the 4th on the entrance exam!

One of his college projects was to create a business plan and open a business. He opened a store in Santa Rosalia called PLAYAS NEGRAS, which is still going strong. If you go up the main drag (one way) and then turn left and come back down, it is on the left. Please buy a tshirt or souvenir there when in town!

Jump forward and here he is at his college graduation in 2019!

He is now going for his Master's and paying for it on his own. He asked me for help one month and of course we helped out. I think he is the first scholarship student to go for a Masters and I could not be happier! He works and studies at the same time.

Jump forward to yesterday 12 - 6 - 21 and I see a photo on facebook with his Mom in front of some huge boxes. The caption reads: Merry early Christmas Mom! You deserve the universe and so much more.

So, I wished Mom and early Merry Christmas and asked WHAT IS IN THE BOXES?

She wrote that she was the happiest Mom because he had gifted her a complete kitchen!

Tell me that does not make you smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are talking a new stove, a new fridge and cabinets! Gotta love this kid, gotta feel proud that we took a kid out of poverty and together with his family (they really worked very hard to help Pablo every step of the way - even moved to Santa Rosalia in the end.

Here is the photo of what the kitchen will look like.

Long read but I think it is important to document every step of this wonderful journey.

Merry early Christmas to all of you!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 08:59 AM

What a wonderful story Blanca. Bless you two!

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 09:37 AM

Bless me perhaps, Les just rolls his eyes Hahahahahahaha He rolls them just like in the cartoons. I do not think he will ever get used to my crazy schemes that somehow work out 99% of the time.

Thanks and glad it made you smile!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 09:45 AM

Very cool, nice to see everyone's hard work pay off. That is the kind of change that effects generations of his family.
pjpvi
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 09:48 AM

That is fantastic Blanca! You have made a huge difference for so many.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2021 at 07:40 PM

We do this together kids! I can not move without everyone's help with laptops, notebooks, pens, cash and kind words. I do not share the stories on facebook to protect my students...so this is where I can smile away too!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2021 at 03:55 PM

Still smiling here!

Come visit La Bocana

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 12-13-2021 at 09:27 AM

Please check your U2U.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2021 at 05:32 PM

done

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.