Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: This is the month for Graduations and more
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2021 at 03:59 PM
This is the month for Graduations and more

Definitely not the pomp and circumstance these kids graduating college were expecting but they GRADUATED and that is what counts!

Alondra graduated in Industrial Engineering in Ensenada.

Here is her graduation pin:

Martha just graduated in Business Administration.

Martha with her Mom and Dad.

Yesterday, Emmanuel and Isaac stopped by to get notebooks for summer school and I gave them cash to pay the tutors today.

Here is a picture of Emmanuel busy at work with Elizabeth. He is happy because she is giving him advanced Math (5th grade and he is in 4th).

I don't have any photos (we were too busy) but yesterday Tidiana, Emmanuel, Isaac and I spent an hour putting together xmas packages for their elementary school classes. Their classes have divided up (thank God) so that it was a total of 40 bags for all 4 kids, we included their teachers. Each kid got a juice, a snack, an eraser and a pen.

Yours truly is gearing up for the Annual Christmas party/meeting. Each scholarship recipient is getting one brand new T-shirt that I got in San Diego last summer. Very pretty seeing all the boxes under our tree!

The meeting will be held in Punta Abreojos at Antojitos Juanita. She has a big open garden area where it will be covid safe.

The total for 20 scholarship student breakfasts is $200. I already got some help with this!

EXTRA EXPENSES

Three friends are donating the funds to bus in 3 students: Roger and Fernanda will be coming in from La Paz and Cristina is coming from Ensenada.

I have worked with a total of 22 students since 2013. These are the ones that have graduated.

That number does not include the flops (two students got pregnant and were dropped, another dropped out his senior year).

Not all 22 needed 100% financial aid. Some only needed help one semester and others only needed funds for graduation which can cost a pretty penny for the "titulo", which is the accepted proof that you have graduated.

And I now have 2 students asking for help in August. I already mentioned Evelyn. She has sponsors!

The other student is Nora and I have asked her to meet up with me soon so I can see how she is adjusting to Life in La Bocana. Her dad died when she was young and now her stepdad died of Covid, leaving the family nada. They were in Ensenada and moved here 6 months ago.

In a nutshell, she will need funds to take the entrance exam - around $120
Tuition runs $150 or less, every 6 months, for 4 1/2 years.
Rent and food monthly, average is $130 or less

I hope you have enjoyed the news flash!

[Edited on 12-17-2021 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2021 at 07:40 PM

Here is Jireth today!

I am on the search for 2 other tutors. Vivian cannot do it any more and we were not too happy with Alberto, so looking for an alternative tutor.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajazly
Super Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 12-17-2021 at 08:07 PM

You are going to be so missed in that town when you leave Blanca or is it you are going to miss that town so much when you leave?

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2021 at 08:52 AM

Both, for sure!

More from yesterday.

Les and I went for dinner at our local Beach Restaurant and met up, by chance, with all the high school teachers, the director, the secretary and the janitor at their annual Christmas party (posada).

It was great to see them, I have not ventured into the high school offices in over a year, It is small, windowless and therefore posed a grave danger for me.

Here we are at the Cabanyas restaurant last night. Perfect location for a group photo.

Come visit La Bocana

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2021 at 08:57 AM

Very cool update, who is going to fill the void when you guys move? You have done do much for the community, not many have an impact like this! you will have effected change for generations to come.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.