Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Two more college senior stories
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2021 at 08:57 PM
Two more college senior stories

Two students who could not make it for the breakfast meeting came to see me. Yesterday, it was Karla.

Karla Valeria is in her very last semester of dentist school. She came with her mom, I made them a pancake breakfast. Karla loves her profession and is ready to finish the last 6 months of her social service and then move on to opening her own dental office in Guerrero Negro if all goes to plan!

Breakfast table

Karla, her Mom and I

Here she is working away, pre pandemic

Today, Cristina from Ensenada came to visit me. She is majoring in Oceanography. In 6 months, she finishes college. She intends to work for a year and she will pay for her brother to go to college! Whooohoooo This is paying it forward!

After that, she will get her Master's. Mexico has a special grant for master's students and getting it due to her high grades is her objective. I am so happy, so so happy!

Here is Cristina on our porch at the hotel. She is holding the San Diego tshirt I gave her. She also got a huge Costco toothpaste and bus money so she could come see her Dad, visit with me and return home.

Great day today and there is another story to tell! Wait for it!

Happy 2022 everyone!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 09:54 AM

In our group, I was told of a group of Expats who funded the start up of a doctor's business side of the practice & office in exchange for that investor groups lifetime medical care. Is there such a framework to do so or organization you know of that has done this??

Es Todo Bueno
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 12:02 PM

Blanca, you will no doubt be so missed!

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 11:11 AM

BajaTed - never heard of this but it is a good thought!

100X Come visit us!

I plan to be very involved in everything La Bocana/Baja still even from far away! The beauty of the world being so connected via facebook etc.!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 03:58 PM

We will likely be by but not until after your move, some time in late February or early March. Very sorry we will miss you.

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.