Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Meanwhile in La Bocana - update Tidiana and family
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2022 at 02:39 AM
Meanwhile in La Bocana - update Tidiana and family

The kids call me up at least once a week!They call first thing in the morning, which is early evening here.

This way we talk about what happened the previous week - they tell me about school and who had tutoring. Truly wonderful that we can do this!

Here is the gang yesterday mornong.

Abraham

Tidiana - making breakfast, braiding the girls' hair and readying all 7 kids is no easy task! She looks great!

The girls! Jireth and Genesis

Genesis, the little one, has the cutest braids! She reminds me of Pippi Longstocking.

and, of course, the boys. i sent money for them to get their hair cut. Handsome dudes all!

The family is doing well, I continue to send cash on an as needed basis - for school material, masks, wipes.

Their smiles tell the story, don't you think?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2022 at 11:32 AM

So great that you're able to continue to stay in touch! Is there a support structure in La Bocana that is able to follow through in person if needed?

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2022 at 05:53 PM

Good update, same ouestion as above.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2022 at 10:02 PM

For sure there is a support system! I have many angels both in US and in La Bocana. In the US, a woman who is from La Bocana and now lives in LA is the person I can send things to and she will either take it down herself or find someone to deliver right to La Bocana.

My neighbor and hotel managers Nacho and Linda are the on the ground folks.

Tidiana goes straight to the telegrafo where worker Yovani will take cash that I wire from my US account and he gives it to her when she needs it for school related material etc. I left her internet and water paid up for a whole year and pay her electricity online.

Bertha is also in touch with Tidiana and family constantly as she has Abraham build ovens and counters for her restaurant, so I can also ask her for help when needed.

My friends in Abreojos also are there for whatever I need.

In very sad news, one of the kids who used to be in the bike club, had lunch many a time on our hotel front porch, passed away yesterday in a car accident. His dad is the janitor at the middle school. Our villages are in mourning. He was probably 18 and playing baseball professionally. Sad day. Very sad day.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2022 at 07:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
For sure there is a support system! I have many angels both in US and in La Bocana. In the US, a woman who is from La Bocana and now lives in LA is the person I can send things to and she will either take it down herself or find someone to deliver right to La Bocana.

My neighbor and hotel managers Nacho and Linda are the on the ground folks.

Tidiana goes straight to the telegrafo where worker Yovani will take cash that I wire from my US account and he gives it to her when she needs it for school related material etc. I left her internet and water paid up for a whole year and pay her electricity online.

Bertha is also in touch with Tidiana and family constantly as she has Abraham build ovens and counters for her restaurant, so I can also ask her for help when needed.

My friends in Abreojos also are there for whatever I need.

It's awesome to hear that there is a well-established support system for Abraham, Tidiana and the kids right there "on the ground", and that you are able to stay in touch for the long-term. The smiles say it all!

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

In very sad news, one of the kids who used to be in the bike club, had lunch many a time on our hotel front porch, passed away yesterday in a car accident. His dad is the janitor at the middle school. Our villages are in mourning. He was probably 18 and playing baseball professionally. Sad day. Very sad day.

Very sad indeed. It seems that tragedy has no minimum age requirement.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.