BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Watch La Recua - Now through Sunday p.m
MuleMujer

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 08:31 PM
Watch La Recua - Now through Sunday p.m

Our Award Winning Documentary film is available to watch right now! In Spanish with English subs. All about trail travel and merchant mule packers. A cultural adventure!

La Requa - A 200 Mile Journey by Mule on El Camino Real

https://watch.showandtell.film/watch/azucena15

This month the special event streaming supports our young protagonist Azucena Arce from the Sierra San Francisco.

Enjoy!
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 08:58 PM

I watched the trailer. Nice Cinematography, liked the editing and the drone shots. Looks like a festival winner! Best of luck!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 09:28 PM

Trailer looks interesting. Is it available to see elsewhere online if I don’t watch before Sunday?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 09:54 PM

It may be but at the moment this is what is being offered.
It is also a fundraiser for Azucena, who went on this trip.
I highly recommend this film to anyone who loves Baja. It is a glimpse into the past and how ranching families are dealing with the present.
Trudy, of Saddling South has amazing connections with these fami!ies and because of her, this film was made, not to mention some of the Arce family travelled to participate in a Cowboy Poetry Fest in Nevada a few years ago.
One of them, Chema Arce, shared with me photos and thoughts about his first experience on an airplane.
I encourage all Baja aficionados to watch this!
MuleMujer

[*] posted on 7-13-2022 at 10:59 PM

Hello and thanks for the comments.

As the film indeed has screened at a dozen festivals, and won 5 awards this past year, we're very proud that La Recua can be considered Baja California's Sur's own Docu-story.

We will stream again in the future, and we are beginning to contact theaters for special event screenings... but! this event is set up with a low cost streaming of $5 dollars or $100 pesos if in Mexico. To celebrate one of our young protagonists.

I'll post on Nomad again later, or go to @larecuamovie in the next few days for the link. 4 more days to view the film!

Synopsis - Darío Higuera, a traditional saddle maker in Baja California Sur, has a dream. In March 2018, he and his family traveled 200 miles in 20 days by mule, herding a pack train of donkeys from an oasis in the heart of the Sierras all the way to the capital city of La Paz. Just for the sake of history!

Fearing that the old traditions might be lost forever, he overcame hardships of health, rattlesnakes, and hot days on rocky, forgotten trails in order to honor the memory of Lower California’s “long-haul” equine merchants “los arrieros”– the muleteers of Baja’s donkey pack-trains.

Two trail-savvy children, Ramoncito, age 8, Dario’s grandson, and Azucena, age 10, add sparkle to the tale as they ride through the desert out-back, sharing their own stories and songs along historic El Camino Real.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.