Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: hey siri im being pulled over
Don Pisto
Banned

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 9-10-2022 at 01:42 PM
hey siri im being pulled over

iphone users here in mex might want to have this app. not a snap to install but its legit.

By saying, "Hey Siri, I'm getting pulled over," the shortcut -- which a user must first install themselves -- will pause any music that you're playing, turn down the brightness of your phone, turn on the "Do Not Disturb" mode to block any incoming calls, open up your front-facing camera and start a video recording.
It also sends a message to a predesignated contact, letting them know that you're being pulled over and where your current location is. Once you stop the recording, it sends a copy of the video to a predesignated contact and gives you the option to send it to your iCloud or Dropbox.

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2022 at 06:26 PM

An interesting app, I wonder if the target market is fearful old white people or younger (all) people of color? Maybe Baja a target market? Places with sketchy encounters with cops? I guess Mexico and USA both qualify.

I'd be wary of the cop mistaking my phone for a weapon being pointed at him. Especially in the dark where the camera light might be on. Like a weapon light.

Let's just be grateful most of our encounters with police go well, heart pounding, but not fatal.

John

[Edited on 9-11-2022 by John Harper]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2022 at 05:09 PM

I think that app is a great idea. If I were black, heck yes, install it now. I have an adopted son who is black, and lives in L.A. I will suggest this to him.

I just hope he never needs to use it but he used to tell me that when he went to college at UCSanta Barbara, whenever he was in the car with white women, the cops would often stop the car and he was the only one questioned.

A little sidebar (sorry for the hack): I have two sons, Marc who is lily white with blond hair and Rafael who is black, like I just mentioned. They are one month apart in age.
When I used to take them to the local San Diego park on weekends, they would climb a tree or swing really high and both would yell: Mom, look at me!
The other kids in the park would do a double take Hahahaha Kids being kids, they would ask them: How can she be your Mom!

Scary times we live in. That app is probably good for women driving alone too. Thanks for sharing the info.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Markus10L
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2022 at 10:14 PM

Whoof this one is going to go way off topic.

I think the app is a good idea. Any public official that has civil duties shouldn't have to worry about this if they are not abusing their powers.

Unfortunately, everyone has there bad days and don't necessarily need to get blasted online for it. What are the odds people are going to post videos of them getting pulled over while they are in the wrong and the cops are doing their jobs as they should? Likely just videos will be released that people feel they can embarrass the cop that pulled them over in case he or she was having a bad day.

As far as cops being corrupt, no sympathy, probably/definitely why the app was developed.

I wonder how many people are going to or have been using this app outside of its intended purpose. What a world we live in (:
Don Pisto
Banned

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 9-15-2022 at 10:58 PM

The "Police" shortcut was first created back in 2018 by Redditor Robert Petersen, but it has been recently updated to fix any bugs and is now called the "I'm being pulled over" shortcut.
"I just wanted a way for anyone to have proof of their version of events in the unlikely scenario that something unexpected happens during a police interaction," Petersen told CNN affiliate KCTV last year. "And if 1 in 10,000 people find my shortcut useful at all I'd be glad."
The shortcut received attention when it launched two years ago, but it's been getting more traction on social media due to the overwhelming call for police reform spurred by the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

now....I notice none of you bothered to even read the first sentence of this thread :no:

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2022 at 11:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by Markus10L  

I think the app is a good idea. Any public official that has civil duties shouldn't have to worry about this if they are not abusing their powers.

Unfortunately, everyone has there bad days and don't necessarily need to get blasted online for it. What are the odds people are going to post videos of them getting pulled over while they are in the wrong and the cops are doing their jobs as they should? Likely just videos will be released that people feel they can embarrass the cop that pulled them over in case he or she was having a bad day.

As far as cops being corrupt, no sympathy, probably/definitely why the app was developed.

I wonder how many people are going to or have been using this app outside of its intended purpose. What a world we live in (:

This is the truth.

Every single yo-yo on TikTok is begging for some cop to slip up and make an a## out of themselves. This app in the op is to catch them doing that.

I'm guessing most on here have no idea what I'm talking about. But TikTok has only been prominent for a couple years and is already 1/2 the size of YouTube and 1/3 the size of Facebook.

There are literally thousands of ppl who make a living sitting at boat ramps all day waiting for someone to screw up either launching or loading their boat. They record it, edit it, put music to it and post it on TikTok.

This app the op mentions is the same exact thing. It's goal is to make embarrassing people easier.

[Edited on 9-16-2022 by JZ]

maybe you can tell us just how you know what transpires over at Tic Tok. you know, by those yo-yo's?

thats what I thought.....

[Edited on 9-16-2022 by willardguy]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2022 at 07:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

This is the truth.

Every single yo-yo on TikTok is begging for some cop to slip up and make an a## out of themselves. This app in the op is to catch them doing that.

I'm guessing most on here have no idea what I'm talking about. But TikTok has only been prominent for a couple years and is already 1/2 the size of YouTube and 1/3 the size of Facebook.

There are literally thousands of ppl who make a living sitting at boat ramps all day waiting for someone to screw up either launching or loading their boat. They record it, edit it, put music to it and post it on TikTok.

This app the op mentions is the same exact thing. It's goal is to make embarrassing people easier.

maybe you can tell us just how you know what transpires over at Tic Tok. you know, by those yo-yo's?

I think he's a closet liberal. From the NY Times this morning:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/16/technology/gen-z-tiktok-s...

Coincidence?

John
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2022 at 08:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

This is the truth.

I think he's a closet liberal. From the NY Times this morning:

Coincidence?

John

:lol: I peeked into tic tok this morning for the first time....guess who's campaigning like mad over there! looks like deSantis is one of our little fellas "yo-yo's!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2022 at 09:12 AM

When they decide to do a remake of the "Wizard of Oz" perhaps JZ and DeSantis can audition as Munchkins?

John
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-16-2022 at 12:01 PM

From the NY Times this morning:

John

Reading the NYT's has warped your brain. They might have been great at one time, but have now become a shell of themselves and are just a propaganda rag. I'm surprised that someone of your age could be tricked so easily by the media.

Even the Brits see how bad they are:
https://youtu.be/4AeszTBuSWA

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2022 at 12:48 PM

John

Reading the NYT's has warped your brain. I'm surprised that someone of your age could be tricked so easily by the media.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. How could I possibly match wits with someone as intelligent as you? I probably burned out more brain cells in the 1970's than you were born with.

John
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2022 at 03:15 PM

John

Reading the NYT's has warped your brain. They might have been great at one time, but have now become a shell of themselves and are just a propaganda rag. I'm surprised that someone of your age could be tricked so easily by the media.

Even the Brits see how bad they are:
https://youtu.be/4AeszTBuSWA

not the Brits, this ONE Brit......typical of the chit that comes out of your mouth non stop.

His views and ideology have been linked to far-right political ideologies by multiple academic[10] and journalistic[11] sources. Critics have also accused Murray of promoting far-right conspiracy theories,[12][13][14] and of being Islamophobic,[15] xenophobic, chauvinist and racist.[16] Murray has rejected descriptions of his politics as far-right[17] and believes that the term "far-right" is overused by the political left.[

keep watching Fox:rolleyes:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.