Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: San Ignacio Lagoon
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 04:28 PM

Gull--------------:lol::lol::lol::lol: :P

There is at least one appropriate quote pertaining to EVERYTHING on earth, I believe. :lol:
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
rts551------

So, if David had made comments about ALL the different folks in Pescador's story, then things would have been all right???? No slur????

I am blown away!!!!! and hugely confused and dismayed.

I think the person that said, "you just don't get it" has it right---------I DON'T!!! It is like we are from different planets, or something, and our thought processes are different.

Barry

Barry,

You are right. Sadly, this is the state of polemics as it has evolved in the United States. It does seem like we are divided by two distinctly different visions for what direction we want our country to head. The two visions threaten each other's sense of well being.

I admit I hold the vision that is different from mine in contempt. I think their vision of war, fear and denial for the perils or our environment is stupid. They think the same of my vision. We don't like each other very much.

Each side pushes the other's emotional buttons. It used to be different, before GWB and his cabal of secrecy. With the exception of extremists, who have always been around but in the minority, we were always able to speak to one another in a civil manner.

Observe which vision is the more aggressive. Observe which vision initiates the attacks and the name calling. Oh, sure, the other side will defend (sometimes). Observe which side tries to be more inclusive, more gentle and more civil. These attributes are vilified, reviled and considered wimpy by the more aggressive ones.

As I have said before on this board; this is a forum where the opportunity for understanding exists. I enjoy and can even understand differing points of view. Unfortunately, style and attitude trumps content. Points that could be presented and understood are buried within the offensive package in which they are delivered. Many who differ seize the opportunity and do a good job. Others, (a minority of extremists...this is a microcasm of the world outside), cut and slash and pollute. They are toxic and you can count on them to expose themselves. They don't need a lot of help from us to push them over the top; they are already there.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
always able to speak to one another in a civil manner.

My sentiments exactly, as my behavior here demonstrates.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 12:53 PM

Toneart-----------

Very well said------------------thank you for your response.

However, I don't dislike those who disagree with me----quite the contrary-----they make me "think" and defend my point of view, which often clarifies things for me. I do get frustrated tho when the vitriol clouds the issue to the point that nothing positive is accomplished-----which often is the case. I try not to participate in the name-calling, but alas I do find that I lose control sometimes.

Clear heads like yours that are willing to post, help----------------thanks again.

Barry
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 01:49 PM
WOW!

What a great exchange. I learned so much about a few Nomads.

I agree with Shari about letting them be. I have a hard time believing whales actually enjoy interacting with humans. You know, like dogs. Some dogs love people, others will rip a strangers arm off. How narrow-minded to suggest "they" all behave the same. That's friggin' rediculous. Funny how we can identify each other here but whales are a collective?

So the gal who started this thread was not succinct in her question on how to help the place. She was open to suggestions imho. Toss her to the wolves sharks? How rude!

David , you really should use less I's because it's not about U's.:light::light::light:

My other confusion comes from all the labels. Eco, enviro, conserve, conservationist, preservationist. Do these not overlap. You are all the same with different spouts. Just like whales. Do you like people in YOUR FACE? Gimme a kiss little/big fella......:lol::P

edited for punc

[Edited on 8-30-2007 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 03:31 PM

I remember that huge gas line up in GN and the locals made some good coin selling burritos in the lineup...I have also had that same dread family on one of our boats in the lagoon...too funny...once a guy wanted to play violin to the whales and when he started playing all the whales that were close to us high tailed it out of there...they hated it! I think its hilarious the types who thinks whales are cosmic and will make pals with them with good vibes etc....my favorite little anecdote countering this goes as follows...one day a disgusting drunk red neck type creep was on a boat I was doing research on and he stood up when we got to a group of whales and started yelling "Come on baby...come to papa...I wanna mate with a whale" accompanied by some very lewd hip thrusts in their direction. The other passengers in the boat were exchanging distressed glances and I was thinking what a bonehead this jerk was and that the whales are surely gonna split...well I'll be darned if one big mama made a B-line for him and upon arrival turned over on her back and thrust her booty right up in his face...an impressive contortion I'd NEVER seen in 20 years of studying gray whales...she was into it and knew exactly what he wanted and was definately giving it to him. OMG...we were all so amazed and ya just had to laugh...just when you think you've seen it all...it just goes to show...cada quien, which means...different strokes for different folks...I sure had a good laugh and I have the picture of her titi to prove this story! Peace brothers and sisters...chill.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
toneart
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Toneart-----------

Very well said------------------thank you for your response.

However, I don't dislike those who disagree with me----quite the contrary-----they make me "think" and defend my point of view, which often clarifies things for me. I do get frustrated tho when the vitriol clouds the issue to the point that nothing positive is accomplished-----which often is the case. I try not to participate in the name-calling, but alas I do find that I lose control sometimes.

Clear heads like yours that are willing to post, help----------------thanks again.

Barry

Thank you Barry.
We can all try harder, myself included. I lose it on occasion.
T.

toneart
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
What a great exchange. I learned so much about a few Nomads.

I agree with Shari about letting them be. I have a hard time believing whales actually enjoy interacting with humans. You know, like dogs. Some dogs love people, others will rip a strangers arm off. How narrow-minded to suggest "they" all behave the same. That's friggin' rediculous. Funny how we can identify each other here but whales are a collective?

So the gal who started this thread was not succinct in her question on how to help the place. She was open to suggestions imho. Toss her to the wolves sharks? How rude!

David , you really should use less I's because it's not about U's.:light::light::light:

My other confusion comes from all the labels. Eco, enviro, conserve, conservationist, preservationist. Do these not overlap. You are all the same with different spouts. Just like whales. Do you like people in YOUR FACE? Gimme a kiss little/big fella......:lol::P

edited for punc

[Edited on 8-30-2007 by Sharksbaja]

Good one, Sharks!
We should paste all those labels on a big jar, fill it with sand and drop it to bottom of the ocean. I will temporarily suspend my envirozeal in order to let this happen. :smug:

The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
always able to speak to one another in a civil manner.

My sentiments exactly, as my behavior here demonstrates.

HUH?

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:16 PM

HUH!!!!!!!!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:52 PM

URP!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.