Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: a couple of questions
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnome-ad

I wish you all good luck and God’s blessings on your journey.

Gnome-ad

Nomads,
Some folks have wished for "God's blessings" in this thread. Perhaps to truly honour Newbie on his Baja quest, they might consider wishing him "Allah's blessings"...with all respect...

An interesting read:

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/2714

Don't believe everything you think....
tortuga
Nomad

Mood: Muy Despacio

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 05:21 PM
Rascim is Universal unfortunately

As I understand it: God (english ), Allah (arabic), we all have Abraham in common.Newbie please correct me if I am wrong.
If so, Allah bless you.
We were talking about this at work. Unfortunately Racism is Universal ,so we go on .Certainly not every one is going to take a shine to me, for what ever reason . I hope however, if it is in your heart to pursue this adventure that it is a blessing to you. As for me .My Mexico experience has been mostly positive (gracias Dios) May it be for you also.
Tortuga out!

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Newbie: I am sure that you have had the chance to see the Reactions from the Posters on this board- Good and Bad!

This from an Ole Timer in Baja Sur, White, Christian, well experienced in Life being 76 years young with 38 years on the Sea of Corez around Loreto.
Being Black: I never observed any discrimination in my years.
Many years ago there was a Platoon of Black Soldiers stationed at La Paz-Some of their descendents where around Mulege.

Being Muslim: That is your Personal business!

As you can see there are many on this board,some who have never been to Baja, who just like to cause Trouble and Beat their Gums.
The ones who attach Christians are the Weak Minded who do not have the Ability to like anything other than themselves.

Go to Baja Sur, look around, if you feel uncomfortable, then try La Paz, stay away from Baja Norte. Be yourself, Be Happy and know that several Posters are Still Little Children and may never grow up to be Knowledgeable or Respectable.

Skeet/Loreto

I read your post and just wanted to say thank you

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
so we're all robots then?:lol::lol:

Seriously tho Mr Newbie, methinks ifn' you don't bring problems upon yourself you will have lots of fun. But stand on a barstool and with a tequila bottle and shout your message......well, that could be bad.;D

Hmmmmmmm??? Did that come out right?:lol:

(edited for added text)

[Edited on 8-29-2007 by Sharksbaja]

LOL I understand what you mean...I am only egotistical in the good ol US of A:bounce:

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:

Newbie, you seem to have some guts. Get down to Baja and start eating tacos. .

Sharks,
A great suggestion, as they don't mind who eats them.

Newbie...be careful....some of the tastier tacos are pork.....I have worked this out with my conscience and my Jewish heritage....and like the shrimp best of all.;)

This thread has certainly touched a nerve....I didn't know if the original post by Newbie was for real or not....still don't, but the reactions are entertaining.

Perhaps Newbie enjoys fishing:lol:

Some of the old white Arizona Christians could take him out to wet a line sometime....or some Nomad surfer who doesn't have his rashguard in a knot around his huevos since Dave gave up a well-mapped secret spot could show Newbie where the best sets are....

It is risky to join a forum with comments about race, religion, and politics when the forum consists of unknown factors....

Newbie....best bet is to travel and form your own opinions....

Well of course my question is real. By the way thanks for the food tips. Speaking of food, how are the personal chefs over there and what are the salarys for a good one if I can find one? I hear people talk about maids and gardeners but never chefs, cheffeurs, and messauses (ok maybe not a messeuse,lol). Also, I read that salarys are $2 an hour in mexico, however, I am not so, sure thats for personal services...perhaps I should start another thread for this question?

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tortuga
As I understand it: God (english ), Allah (arabic), we all have Abraham in common.Newbie please correct me if I am wrong.
If so, Allah bless you.
We were talking about this at work. Unfortunately Racism is Universal ,so we go on .Certainly not every one is going to take a shine to me, for what ever reason . I hope however, if it is in your heart to pursue this adventure that it is a blessing to you. As for me .My Mexico experience has been mostly positive (gracias Dios) May it be for you also.
Tortuga out!

You are correct in that Abraham is the common denominator of the "Big Three Religions", and I will leave it at that as I am not trying to start a religious thread. Thank you for your support
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:05 PM

Two dollars an hour for a personal chef? You must be kidding. I pay mine three. Cordon Bleu training is worth every peso of it.
I'm gonna cinch up my seat belt here. I think we're going for a ride.

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:05 PM

Gnome-ad and Dennis thanks for futher historical input about Mexico. I had read an article about Mexico's past history, but, with all things I needed further investigation as I didn't know the motive of the authors article. Hence was the article written from historical accuracy or pro-black fanaticalism(is that a word:?:,lol). Also, Dennis the statement that you made about the cartoon depictions was enlightinening. However, with all that said, mexico still seems to be a pleasant enough place to live. My take is that mexico is much like the US, there's racism, but, not to such an extent that one can't enjoy life.

Again great comments from all of you. Sorry if I didn't respond to your comment personally there all just to darn good to reach everyone.

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Two dollars an hour for a personal chef? You must be kidding. I pay mine three. Cordon Bleu training is worth every peso of it.
I'm gonna cinch up my seat belt here. I think we're going for a ride.

Thanks Dennis. That's the reason i came on this board because alot of articles out there exaggerates cost of living to get people to move to different countries. Hey, $3 an hour sounds good to me:biggrin:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:20 PM

Quote:

Dennis the statement that you made about the cartoon depictions was enlightinening.

What did he say? I don't see that.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:24 PM

Trying to research that one myself. It may be on an old thread.

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Dennis the statement that you made about the cartoon depictions was enlightinening.

What did he say? I don't see that.

OOPS it was you who mentioned it. I gave credit to the wrong person. Hope I didn't send you and Dennis through too much trouble researching.

Here's your quote:

"We've all seen the satirical cartoons featuring young Blacks. This is accepted in Mexico and would be called something a bit stronger here".

I found it enlightening because you gave me a heads up on what is happening in the country. Thanks
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:48 PM
In years of living in Rosarito

I haven't heard of or encountered any racism towards black people.

Muslims comprise a minuscle part of the population in the whole of Mexico and I do not know of a mosque in this area.

Regarding acceptance of black Americans, I've seen many in Rosarito strolling the streets and enjoying the shops and restaurants.

Regarding housing in Baja Norte, I am posting a link to a recent article by San Diego Reader restaurant reviewer, Ed Bedford. If you page down to the last half of his feature, two Tijuana architects offer up a great outline about the (affodable) cost of purchasing a new house in the TJ/Rosarito area.

Here's the link: http://www.sdreader.com/published/current/tinfork.html

If you decide to move here, do your homework and come with an open heart and wide open eyes.

Welcome to Baja, watch your step (the pavement is uneven) and watch your head (clearance is uncertain),

However, the best part is that, in general, the Mexican people are wonderful and accepting.

[Edited on 8-31-2007 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.