Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Another Robbery...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco

Two of the carjackings occured on the border fence road.

Sorry this reply was so belated but, no. The border fence road is heavily traveled, day and night, and constricted with no place to pull off, not to mention well lit from the US side. None of the reported crap happens on that stretch of the road. Nada.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 10-3-2007 at 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Free road 201 would be to use Blvd Fundadores. Then you could stop at the TJ brewery and stock up. ;D

Starts by using the far left lane after crossing the border. Around the clover then up to Revolution and left to Fundadores...Then right.

Ferna, could you draw a map?

Dave, sorry it took so long, as we had to delete programs from one PC and well, here are your maps and you'll be happy to know we finally got everything to work with mixer and 2 PS'c , first try with new set up tomorrow morning 9:30AM.

"Daves Route 201 part 1

"Daves Route 201 part 2

"Daves Route 201 part3" (junction to free road)

And Daves Route 201 joins the free road with a map I posted before of the free road route

And here you see were they join with Daves route 201

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2007 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Sorry this reply was so belated but, no. The border fence road is heavily traveled, day and night, and constricted with no place to pull off, not to mention well lit from the US side. None of the reported crap happens on that stretch of the road. Nada.

Oh really.

Where are you EXACTLY if you are half a mile from the US/Mexico border heading for the toll road driving along the border fence?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=26592&pag...

Where are you EXACTLY if you have JUST crossed the border and are going up the steep hill along the border fence?

From Bloodydecks.com

"Well I've been traveling Baja all of my life and I've finally had to witness the worst...

At 3:00am we had just crossed the Border at Tijuana, My buddy and myself in my F350 and two other guys in their small Chevy Pu. I was the lead car. Just as we were going up the steep hill along the border fence I noticed that the other truck was getting pulled over.. So I slowed at came to a stop just up the road. Seconds later a grey Ford Explorer No plates pulled in front of my truck. Two men quickly got out of the car guns drawn coming towards me...I quickly hit the gas and was able to get out of there..It seems that they chased us for a short time but never caught us.. We eventually got far enough away where we felt safe(kinda) and my phone rang.. My wife had the other guys on the phone and they were completly robbed all the way down to their wedding rings..Luckily they had family just blocks away and were safe and on the way to the border(without Truck)..

Please be careful, my father in law works in TJ for the PGR and according to him this is not an isolated incident in this area.. But the good news is none have been reported in daylight hours so please be smart..IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.

Be Safe "

Nada my ass.

I await your sincere apology. :saint::smug::rolleyes::P:biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 10-6-2007 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Oh really.

Where are you EXACTLY if you are half a mile from the US/Mexico border heading for the toll road driving along the border fence?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=26592&pag...

Where are you EXACTLY if you have JUST crossed the border and are going up the steep hill along the border fence?

From Bloodydecks.com

"Well I've been traveling Baja all of my life and I've finally had to witness the worst...

At 3:00am we had just crossed the Border at Tijuana, My buddy and myself in my F350 and two other guys in their small Chevy Pu. I was the lead car. Just as we were going up the steep hill along the border fence I noticed that the other truck was getting pulled over.. So I slowed at came to a stop just up the road. Seconds later a grey Ford Explorer No plates pulled in front of my truck. Two men quickly got out of the car guns drawn coming towards me...I quickly hit the gas and was able to get out of there..It seems that they chased us for a short time but never caught us.. We eventually got far enough away where we felt safe(kinda) and my phone rang.. My wife had the other guys on the phone and they were completly robbed all the way down to their wedding rings..Luckily they had family just blocks away and were safe and on the way to the border(without Truck)..

Please be careful, my father in law works in TJ for the PGR and according to him this is not an isolated incident in this area.. But the good news is none have been reported in daylight hours so please be smart..IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.

Be Safe "

Nada my burro.

I await your sincere apology. :saint::smug::rolleyes::P:biggrin:

There are those on the "Open Roads Forum" that question the veracity of Crime reports. I am a trusting soul so I do believe these crimes occur. However, a link to a newpaper article confirming the crime,. would be helpful realizing that this could be difficult and I am sure there would be nothing in the Mexican publications.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-6-2007 at 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by awfulart
...a link to a newpaper article confirming the crime,. would be helpful...
Being in the press had been noted previously:

http://www.kpbs.org/news/local;id=9580

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20070911-1159...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20070912-9999...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20070912-1...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20070913-9...

[Edited on 10-7-2007 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.