BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: I got stopped by the police in Mexicali yesterday...
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 10-19-2007 at 06:21 AM

It was very nice of the cop to do that. Sorry to get back to the subject but It is nice to see some Baja Cops getting a kudos. I go thru mexicali twice a month at least I find the police there very friendly and have never felt afraid of them as when I drive thru TJ. Most police in Mexicali even wave to me as I pass.
Mick

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
Denaca
Junior Nomad

Mood: Indigo

[*] posted on 10-19-2007 at 06:42 AM

Whew!
Well, i guess we managed to process through that.
Did we?
At first reading my thought was: "Is that a joke?"
It's not a joke around the SFBayArea. I've come to a stop at a crosswalk so someone could cross and those around and behind me honked, swerved, excellerated around me nearly hitting the person. I once pulled the front end of my carucha in front of the swerving driver about to hit a pedestrian. The driver immediately jumped on their cell and reported me . . .
The chota who stopped me said that i was observed as driving erratically. I explained what i'd done and he threatened me with a citation. I wished him que le vaya bien and drove off.

Por eso . . . me llama el campo sur.
Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 10-19-2007 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MICK
It was very nice of the cop to do that. Sorry to get back to the subject but It is nice to see some Baja Cops getting a kudos. I go thru mexicali twice a month at least I find the police there very friendly and have never felt afraid of them as when I drive thru TJ. Most police in Mexicali even wave to me as I pass.
Mick

Yep, I agree. The police in Mexicali are some of the best I've seen in Mexico. They drive by my newer car with CA plates and don't even look twice; but, I see them pull over speeders and bad drivers often.

With so much bad press about kidnappings, bad cops, robberies, etc.. I wanted to shed some light on the good honest hard working police in Baja that are just trying to do a good job and help out their communities. I thought he did a great job serving his community and wanted to highlight something positive.

There is not enough traffic police here in my opinion as it seems they need to rotate areas that they concentrate on for traffic patrols. They definitely have their favorite speed traps around town.. but alas.. they are pulling over real speeders and people making left turns from the right lane, etc...not just someone with a new shiny car.

My original post really wasn't much of a joke, other than the fact it lured you in with the thread title, and had a little satire about me wanting to get his badge number. I should have got it and wrote his supervisor about what a good job he was doing. Benito Juarez is a very busy and dangerous street, and there is no safe pedestrian crossing anywhere near where he stopped traffic for the old woman who was on her way to Gigante.

And sorry to rdrrm8e if you took it the wrong way. I figured the
:saint: would explain how I felt about the cop, and the :yes: was all about satire. If had used a :fire: or a :mad: I could see your confusion more; but, oh well... it's really nothing to worry about. Take it easy.
Dave
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 10-19-2007 at 02:30 PM
A regular Diogenes

Quote:
Originally posted by Mango
I wanted to shed some light on the good honest hard working police in Baja

And we're glad you found one. :rolleyes:

Last Saturday afternoon, 12 men firing automatic weapons kidnapped two people in Puerto Nuevo. They were snatched off a busy street filled with tourists and right under the nose of police who not only continually patrol the area but man a nearby station.

The cops just missed the kidnappers. They arrived 40 minutes later.

HotSchott
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2007 at 03:27 PM

I didn't think you could say that.

I think it is fantastic to see cops or people in general being kind to the elderly. People are so focussed on their own situation everywhere these days to stop and do the right thing. It is unfortunate that we live in a society that does not generally value doing the right thing. We need to return to Beaver Cleaver decency.

I hold the door for people when I have the opportunity. It is not always convenient, but is the way I was raised. Just stop for a second and hold the door. Some people are stunned by the gesture. Some people actually say "thank you". We are quickly losing some of the basic decency that our parents took for granted - totally lost on the younger generation. I have always been impressed with the basic kindness and decency that people show strangers in Mexico, but usually off the beaten path. I wonder how much of a hit from the Starbucks, cell phone and BMW crowd Baja decency can absorb.

$$
Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 10-19-2007 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HotSchott
I didn't think you could say that.

I think it is fantastic to see cops or people in general being kind to the elderly. People are so focussed on their own situation everywhere these days to stop and do the right thing. It is unfortunate that we live in a society that does not generally value doing the right thing. We need to return to Beaver Cleaver decency.

I hold the door for people when I have the opportunity. It is not always convenient, but is the way I was raised. Just stop for a second and hold the door. Some people are stunned by the gesture. Some people actually say "thank you". We are quickly losing some of the basic decency that our parents took for granted - totally lost on the younger generation. I have always been impressed with the basic kindness and decency that people show strangers in Mexico, but usually off the beaten path. I wonder how much of a hit from the Starbucks, cell phone and BMW crowd Baja decency can absorb.

$$

Bravo! I'm glad somebody understood the main point of my original post. The guy went out of his way to do a great thing to help someone out that needed it. It was refreshing to see. I still do at least one good deed daily. ;) HotSchott, great post.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.