BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Please tell the good people of the United States I still love them
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Why are so many people in the USA angry at the Mexicans(well, any Spanish speakers)?
I truly do not understand this attitude.
:no:

Many are angry? Maybe only at those who don't respect our laws and borders and get away with it... ?

How do Mexicans deal with Americans breaking the law in their country?

Not sure what your question is doing in this thread on Tom's bro-in-law...?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 11:42 AM

David, I appreciate everyones input at this point. I want to get my letter as clear as possible and send it to as many people as possible. I already have received many helpful leads. I am in the process of trying to find the correct people to send this to in groups like the ACLU, and Latino Rights Advocates.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 11:46 AM

Sure Tom, great... Is there any more you can share about what he was heald for and questioned about? There are attorneys who will jump at the opportunety just for fame if not to tarnish the government like in Crusoe's movie theme.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 11:50 AM

I'm thinking is that if Minnow is going to persue legal action it might be best if he stopped talking publicly about it for now.

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 12:04 PM

Roberto knows that these were just a few bad apples that did this to him. It is not a blanket indictment of the US government, the Border Patrol, or US law enforcement in general.

I guess I should explain the process that someone on a tourist Visa needs to go through to come into the US. If they are going to be traveling farther than 50 miles from the border, or going to be in the US for longer than 3 days, they need to go into secondary to get a Paper Visa that goes along with their laser Visa. This is normally routine. If the Border Patrol suspects you may be abusing your tourist visa they may detain you to investigate. Interviewing you is part of the investigation. My wife fell into the same category three years ago when she had her tourist visa confiscated because she was married with and US citizen. We had no idea that it was illegal to be married to a US citizen and have a tourist visa. At that time she underwent very harsh treatment including be verbally abused, held for hours with out water, and having to witness her mother, who was traveling with her, being knocked to the ground and malled by a German Shepard. What did her mom do to get that treatment? She attempted to retrieve her high blood pressure medicine from the car. When we eventually got an interview at the US consulate in Juarez, for my wifes permanent visa, we found out that the border patrol had wrote on their report that she was attempting to smuggle illegals in a car that was "probably" stolen. It was my car, and all the people had their tourist visas. All, except my wife, got their tourist visas back that time. That was in Mexicali so I don't think it had anything to do with what happened with Roberto. I let it go that time and always regreted it. This time I cannot.

amir
Senior Nomad

Mood: chiropractic

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 12:06 PM

Any information that can be gathered and documented contemporaneously will help in any future investigation. Let the proper authorities follow the leads.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Roberto knows that these were just a few bad apples that did this to him.

Is that right? What makes him think that?
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 03:27 PM

Maybe he is wrong, but somehow I don't think so. If this sort of treatment is official policy, then this story is even more important.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 04:45 PM

The first thing I try to ascertain when driving up to the inspector is his/her hostility level. I think things are worse than we will ever know.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
If this sort of treatment is official policy

Went right by this one....

Of course it wouldn't be "Official Policy." But, it is my concern that the behavior has tacit acceptance. Abu Graib [sp?] revisited.
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 05:02 PM

Dennis, I appreciate your insight, but I don't want to turn this into one of those discussions.

I have been in contact with "people today", and will talk with Roberto tonight.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Dennis, I appreciate your insight, but I don't want to turn this into one of those discussions.

What do you mean? I thought this is what your story was all about.

OK...I see your point. It's hard for me to bypass a good chance to stir the pot. Sorry.
Keep us posted, Tom. This concerns everybody.

[Edited on 10-23-2007 by DENNIS]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 08:54 PM

Contact
Office of Investigations
The Special Agent-in-Charge (SAC) Offices are responsible for the administration and management of all enforcement activities within the geographic boundaries of the Office. The SACs develop, coordinate and implement enforcement strategies to ensure conformance with national policies and procedures and to support national intelligence programs. In addition, SACs supervise all administrative responsibilities assigned to the Office and ensure a responsive Internal Controls Program is developed.

Each SAC office is responsible for subordinate field offices, which support the enforcement mission. These subordinate field offices, Resident Agent-in-Charge (RAC) and Resident Agent Offices (RAOs), are responsible for managing enforcement activities within the geographic boundaries of the Office. RACs are responsible for ensuring all enforcement activities are conducted pursuant to national policies and procedures and contribute to the development and implementation of national and SAC level enforcement strategy.

Office of Investigations
SAC San Diego
185 West F Street, Suite 600
San Diego, CA 92101
Main (619) 744-4600
Fax (619) 557-7275

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 09:47 PM

Minnow, I do not know what happened that day with your brother-in-law and most areas are video taped at the ports which may help in an investigation. I think maybe some areas of this story have grown such as five hours of beatings in a port of entry???? No saying that an agent did not get out of line but too many good officers at the Port would not allow this to such a level discribed. The Mexican Consul should be contacted by your brother-in-law, as they take these complaints directly to the alleged offenders working assignment and meet with top officials there. Use them and believe me the Border Patrol SAC will definately investigate and handle any type of illegal actions if they were committed. I have learned not to jump into one side of a story even with the mild manner people or relatives that I know, as some of them not only surprised me with their inappropriate or even illegal actions that brought trouble to them but showed me a side to them I was not aware of. Some times bad things happen to good people, the world is not fair, just is what it is. Sometimes good people get involved in bad or illegal behavior that gets them into trouble not a good thing but again it is what it is. Hope an investigation occurs and since he gave you a day and date this should be easy to investigate.
With all the daily shift entries on all logs completed by that shift of officers, on that alleged offense date it allows for time tracking which can help to do a time in motion study to see what is there. Hope things get clarified for you. Later---------------------------- bajafun777

osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 06:13 AM

Nothing for nothing but I would bypass the SAC and go directally to OIG (Office of the Inspector General) for DHS or the U S Attorneys Office in Tucson. Neither one of these will "forget" about it.
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-23-2007 at 09:51 AM

Bajafun. It was more like 5 hours of isolation. No food, no drink, no outside contact, with a few beatings and verbal abuse thrown in. Things are being handled now and we will see what happens. Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.