Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Baja Dogs
AnimalAdvocate

[*] posted on 11-17-2007 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajazz
I've been a property owner here for 20 years -- and in all that time the local Mexican population has never given a s..t about the welfare of homeless animals. All the effort expended to create a humane shelter in La Paz for stray dogs and cats has come from Gringos.
Then you must obviously only hang around with gringos & not have any Mexican friends. There are a LOT of Mexicans who sincerely care about street dogs. I am one, or I wouldn't have started this post in the first place! And I'd say that the 3 Mexicans on the Board or Directors care, or they wouldn't be doing the unpaid work they do! You can go to the Baja Dogs website to verify the nationalities of the Board of Directors, since my word here doesn't seem to be trusted.
Quote:
And it totally tees me off to see the one person who has managed to pull it all together get trashed in public print over some personnel issue that is nobodys business except the two people involved.
Well, according to Baja Dog's response, there is a 6 person Board of Directors (3 Gringo & 3 Mexican) who make this type of decisions, so I'd think that it's between more than two people involved. I care about the animals and I care about the Vet who was forced to leave. Her absence is not in the animals best interests.

edit: typo

[Edited on 11-18-2007 by AnimalAdvocate]
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2007 at 06:27 PM

Yawn....another glass of whine, anyone ?? None for me, thanks !!
AnimalAdvocate

[*] posted on 11-17-2007 at 06:46 PM
BajaDogsHelplineLaPazAC

This will be my last post, because I believe that my posting here in the first place will have a bad effect on the dogs. What I have posted here is the truth! I'm saddened by most of the responses here who are siding with a gringo over the word of a Mexican. Many of the puppies and larger dogs ARE kept in travel kennels sitting in their own pee & poop for hours. The dogs are NOT walked or exercised as often as they were when Baja Dogs first opened.

I do have documents that could prove all I've said here, but am reluctant to post it for fear of what could happen to the animals & I don't want to violate the confidence of the person who gave me the papers. Please just believe me that Baja Dogs is not what it seems to be on the surface. And yes, they DO make sure someone cleans the cages when they know someone is coming in!

I posted this information here in hope that it would force Dorea to do things right, not the wrong way, for the animals & the people. Obviously my hopes were in vain. :(
BajaDogsHelplineLaPazAC

[*] posted on 11-17-2007 at 10:33 PM
Baja Dogs

Baja Dogs was formed by people who cared about the large number of street dogs and abandoned dogs in La Paz, regardless of the nationalities of the people. All board members joined together to form the Association because the starving dogs they continually encountered in the streets saddened them all. In fact, the Board is made up of 4 Mexicans, a Canadian and an English National. Check your facts please.

Baja Dogs has facilitated the sterilization of over 800 dogs. Documentation of this is available.

One of the Board members, who is the veterinarian in charge of the refuge, is Dr. Bertha Haro, President of the Colegio de Veterinarianos (Veterinarian Association) of La Paz, and she is a well respected professional in the community.

These posts appear to be a personal attack on Dhorea.

If you, Animal Advocate, really have the documentation you claim, please bring a copy to either the Board or to the Attorney for Baja Dogs.

Marisol was not “forced to leave”. She chose to leave. Baja Dogs could no longer afford to pay for vaccines when they already have a volunteer vet on staff who is willing to do them. As someone mentioned, most shelters depend heavily on volunteer veterinarian services. Even with these services, the cost of running a refuge is extremely high.

Facts:
The dogs get lots of exercise daily. The dogs are outside during the day unless sleeping or recovering from sterilizations or some illness, and sleep indoor at night for security reasons. A volunteer comes 2 hours a day 5 days a week just to walk the dogs. The refuge is cleaned continually. Again, please come see us. Animal Advocate, you are welcome to come help clean, or donate some bleach, which we go through by the gallon.

[Edited on 11-18-2007 by BajaDogsHelplineLaPazAC]
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.