BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Dog-Nappers or pooch rescuers? You decide!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Shari,
Over the past several months, your posts have led me to believe my next Baja trip will lead me to Asuncion for a wide range of reasons.

However, the upsurge in crime in your community has me worried. Will I need to caravan with other nomads so as to reduce the chance that a basura-strewing canine might over-take me and lead me into false kidnapping allegations???

While I generally appreciate a polite pero, am I at risk of canine capture? With all that tail-wagging and hand-licking, I might consider petting El Pero....would that constitute assault on my part??

And consorting with your criminal family....would that put me at risk of incarceration....guilt by association???

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol:

Risk it ---

[Edited on 12-5-2007 by jdtrotter]

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 10:37 PM

It looks like somebody might have made a mistake by not checking with authorities before taking the dog. This seems to be a new thing, but it seems OK I guess. But I don't see how Sirenita should take the heat for it - it was her boyfriend's grandma who took it, right? Nevertheless, If I were Sirenita, I would have personally returned the dog and apologized up and down about how I failed to uphold the law regarding pet adoption and for failing to report a stray animal. I would have also provided the owners of the spaniel with a leash and some printed materials on how to properly contain the animal. Where is the closest animal control center to Asuncion? If the dog were to stray again, I would kindly oblige to arrange transport of the dog to the center in, say, GN or wherever it is. You've got to help where you can.
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2007 at 01:13 AM

(With apologies to Cool Hand Luke)."..When a dogs master is gone, uh he gets to thinking about trying to find him. Before he knows it his mind aint right.
He s got rabbit in his blood and he trys to run.."..THAT DOG DEFINITELY HAD "THE RABBIT IN HIM" It was a joke to last the whole trip. The Dog was a very nice and clean well cared for spaniel that looked to be very close to a pure bred.
Every chance the dog had he tried to get out of the car and run. It was a source of constant worry that the dog would somehow escape and we would arrive in Asuncion sans dog.
But we finally arrived at our destination with the fugitive dog.
Shari was as always a helpful and gracious host.
We had a great time staying at BIRD DOGS' WIP house. The fishing was great. I caught a 40 LBS Yellowtail and my friend Ing/Doc C. Romo caught a yellowtail weighing in at 35lbs. Too bad Lic.J. Martinez beat him out.
I think that my two friends came down with a bad case of
Asuncion Baja Fever. Everyone at work has "Fish Envy" when
they see the size of the yellowtail to be had at Asuncion.
To be sure our next trip will find us bringing some Baja newbies to this still very special place in Baja.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-5-2007 at 02:27 PM

OMG, can you imagine the horrific situation if the doggie had escaped!!! Sirena making those cute abalone earings in a Sta.Rosalia prison:mad: thanks again vaca for the rescue...and hey, how about some photos of the fish gentlemen? I saw the "hot" dog roaming the neighbourhood this morning!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 12-5-2007 at 08:56 PM

yeah right let them try...i didn't even take the darn dog...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..you should have heard what she said to me on the phone..did you really expect i was gonna lay down and let her insult mua?? not likely...i am half canadian but that part of me is pure mexican...huge temper and not easy to calm down..ask my mom...those people think they can trample everyone just 'cause they have money well boohoo...and don't get me started 'cause i will never end...........just remembering this makes me maaaaaaaad:mad:
they should get a good look at who took their dog first then start fighting...and the dog was really happy in BOLA, the kid who got him bought shampoo, pedigree food, a really cute leash and a bed for him...when i took him his parents had to tell they poor little guy that i was taking the dog to the doctor...it breaks my heart everytime he sees the leash and says it was his dogs...

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
docsmom
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2007 at 09:23 PM

Sirenita,
Of course you had no ill intent in this situation. I strongly believe that.
But sweetie, if someone had taken one of your perros home, how would you react? Anger first, reason later? Or reason first, reaction later? You just explained your hot Mexican temper. Now's the time to take the high road.
I believe in you. :)
Kath
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 01:14 AM

This dog caper seems to be somewhat of a national past time in Baja. I had commented to my friends wife who is from La Paz about the incident and she just about finished my sentences as I was telling the "tail" She told me that in BCS
It is quite common especially if there is some bad blood.
People will tell strangers or the non suspecting "that dog belongs to no one. Sure you can take it"etc. Knowing full well it beongs to fulana, who would just go to pieces if anything were to happen to their dog.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 07:21 AM

It always amazes me the unique and devious ways los mexicanos seek revenge/justice. I'm sure Sirenita will figure out a way to get hers! thanks for that vaca.

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 05:33 PM

i'm not out for revenge mom, you should know me better than that...i know everything in this life is fair, if i do something bad then karma throw's it right back at me...the same with that family...i'm not the first one and most definantly not the last one they try to hurt and step on...the difference is that i'm not letting them...and if you really think that i want to get back at them for that, well...i'm sorry for you because that just shows how little you know your own daughter.

Visit me at
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
It always amazes me the unique and devious ways los mexicanos seek revenge/justice. I'm sure Sirenita will figure out a way to get hers! thanks for that vaca.

Shari,
You don't happen to be a Scorpio, do you?
P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 06:07 PM

That's pretty sad about the little guy in BOLA.

With all the abandoned dogs in Baja, especially the ones outside of Rosarito in that shelter, it would seem someone could replace it with another.

What a great Christmas gift it would be for him.

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 06:48 PM

really sad...he loves dogs...i'd post a picture of him but i don't have any...next time...anyway...no my mom is not the scorpio paulina...I am...lol...she is a piscis...

Visit me at
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 08:07 PM

Good for you Sirenita for turning the other cheek. I believe in Karma too.

P<*)))><

ps. check your u2u

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2007 at 08:26 PM

No No No Sirenita...I wasn't talking about YOU...gosh I know you better than that darling...I was talking about Rosa...the lady who said "Take the dog, he doesnt' belong to anyone" I figure she has a beef with the dog mother...I'm pretty sure she knew who's dog it was...oh my!

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 12-7-2007 at 05:12 PM

no problem...just next time take a second look at what you write mom...and thank's paulina...

Visit me at
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.