BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Bajamar?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 11:54 AM

Dennis,
I went to these homes. Most of the families I encountered from his school had professional working fathers and mothers in the home, that worked in higher echelon positions in administrative positions downtown Tijuana. Not everyone is a drug carter member...say, didn't you say you could see the drug dropoff points from your house in Punta Banda?
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
many of his friends lived in Playas..

We won't ask of your use of the past tense.....or is that passed tense? :lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
didn't you say you could see the drug dropoff points from your house in Punta Banda?

The whole world is a drug drop-off point.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 01:57 PM

That's my point. You are talking bullet proof vests in Mexico, in Playas..yellow can go down any carretera and see bullet proof vests...but I know you like to throw things in for entertainment purposes, BTW, when are you cooking the smoked pork???
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
BTW, when are you cooking the smoked pork???

As soon as this pesky paralysis goes away. Some things, like operating the Smoker, require two hands.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 07:16 PM
Playas de Tijuana

Not going to take any sides about the quality of life there, but we have long time friends who also own the land where the failed Trump property was supposed to be built.

They own/owned several beachfront and just one street back of the beachfront properties.

In the last four years, their houses and vehicles (cars and RV's) have been broken into numerous times. Jewelery, TV's, computers, electronic gadgets, appliances and etc. have all been stolen.

No physical assaults, just burglary.

Our friends have dogs, alarms and a good relationship with the TJ police department which is supposed to look after their home when they are not in residence.

Just sayin.

[Edited on 5-8-2013 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 07:26 PM

Rosarito isn't much better. Lots of break-ins, in Rosarito proper. The Trump property was built right on top of a sewage runoff...and it is very isolated from patrol and police services. Look what happened to Ron Hoff, in beautiful country down in San Quintin...
Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Not going to take any sides about the quality of life there, but we have long time friends who also own the land where the failed Trump property was supposed to be built.

They own/owned several beachfront and just one street back of the beachfront properties.

In the last four years, their houses and vehicles (cars and RV's) have been broken into numerous times. Jewelery, TV's, computers, electronic gadgets, appliances and etc. have all been stolen.

No physical assaults, just burglary.

Our friends have dogs, alarms and a good relationship with the TJ police department which is supposed to look after their home when they are not in residence.

Just sayin.

[Edited on 5-8-2013 by Gypsy Jan]
yellow281
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 07:27 PM

Yes - I admit its not for me. I want to enjoy Baja - I don't want to be wondering about that stuff.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 07:30 PM

You unfortunately are going to have to be concerned about crime. It all comes with a country that has very few high paying legal jobs. Like I just mentioned, a man was down in a very nice area, very rural, and he and his wife were left for dead. Mexico is a beautiful country...but it doesn't come without risk, and if you don't wonder, you might just be unprepared at the wrong time. There is no area crime free, just like in any other country, but more so in Mexico.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
You unfortunately are going to have to be concerned about crime. It all comes with a country that has very few high paying legal jobs. Like I just mentioned, a man was down in a very nice area, very rural, and he and his wife were left for dead. Mexico is a beautiful country...but it doesn't come without risk, and if you don't wonder, you might just be unprepared at the wrong time. There is no area crime free, just like in any other country, but more so in Mexico.

OK...you're gonna have to turn in your Image Committee hat and de-coder ring.
yellow281
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 08:01 PM

True but there are areas that are worse than others. I have lived in Jamaica, I've lived in Italy.. these are far from crime free countries to live in so I am not green but you can definitely pick your spots. I suspect no where in the world is crime free anymore =)
yellow281
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2013 at 08:04 PM

And right there... very rural.. middle of no where.. sitting ducks. No.. that is not for me. The suburbs of TJ are not for us too. You need to be smart and savvy and recognize you could be a target, no matter how nice your neighbours are. Everyone has an agenda so you don't put temptation out there imo.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.