Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: "If you don't know, blame Mexico"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2013 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
ah, another 'expert" opinion. How many homicides/murders have you investigated or solved???

Not fair, Terry...how many lives have you saved in a hospital?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-17-2013 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
ah, another 'expert" opinion. How many homicides/murders have you investigated or solved???

Not fair, Terry...how many lives have you saved in a hospital?

Life isn't fair, I'm sure she will get over it

805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2013 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
When asked (often) if I am afraid go to Mexico with the crime there... I respond if they are afraid to leave their homes with the amount of crime in the USA. It is daily here in California, the number of murders and robberies... how can anyone step outside knowing this?

:rolleyes:

That's good comming from a guy that chooses to live in the US and only occasionally, briefly, visit Mex
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:

Life isn't fair, I'm sure she will get over it

Point is....she shouldn't have to.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-17-2013 at 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
When asked (often) if I am afraid go to Mexico with the crime there... I respond if they are afraid to leave their homes with the amount of crime in the USA. It is daily here in California, the number of murders and robberies... how can anyone step outside knowing this?

:rolleyes:

That's good comming from a guy that chooses to live in the US and only occasionally, briefly, visit Mex

If I could I would live in Baja and explore every day I could. However, the reality is different. So, I go when I can and share with my fellow Nomads who also can't be there all the time either. Funny but Nomads who live in Baja have told me they enjoy and learn from my writing...?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 11:10 AM
Some facts and some opinions:

The Mexican Drug Cartels have been operating in California in recent years. Here in the Northern California foothills, they run a lot of the Pot growing fields. It is usually on government forest lands. Although these areas are remote, they are no longer hidden. You can see them on Google maps.

To my knowledge, only the worker drones have been caught occasionally. These fields are polluting our rivers, lakes and streams. These guys are illegals and guard their plots with automatic rifles. I have not read of any Cartel-style violence here. I think the Cartel Jefes stay behind the scenes. They put the workers in the vulnerable positions. But someone has to do the trafficking and distribution. Who?

The police and sheriffs are kept very busy busting (cherry picking) the more accessible growers. It is not as dangerous. They are our citizen neighbors. they are everywhere; from open farm land to backyards in the towns. The smell of pot is everywhere. This is no exaggeration.

The point of this writing is that the Cartels are indeed here! The other point I want to make is, in Mexico the degree of violence and human atrocities is unequaled in modern times. They do wipe out entire families. This is a huge indictment of Mexico, a country where most crimes go unsolved.

This is something that has to be considered in the investigation, now that the whole McStay family has been found slaughtered, Cartel style, and buried in the desert. It does not take much involvement in a drug operation to be targeted; perhaps as little as just being family members of one who is involved.

Crimes of this nature almost always involve drugs and/or some kind of family involvement.

San Diego's proximity to the border and that the family was identified in that video in TJ certainly appears to implicate Mexican Cartels. Why tippie toe around this kind of conjecture?

These conditions exist and as far as those of us who live or travel in Mexico it is a parallel universe. If you or your family have NO involvement with drugs, you will never experience violence unless you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whether or not you travel in fear or if fear prevents you from traveling, that is an individual decision.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 11:52 AM

From what I am reading Tone Art, Joe McStay was renting a bungalow for $850 a month and had trouble paying his rent for years in San Clemente, till buying a repo with tens of thousands of dollars in the bank just 3 months later. Something sounds suspicious, though his family swears he didn't get any supplies or do any dealings with Mexico.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 12:05 PM

Briefing:

"What'cha got?"

"Not a damned clue sheriff, but one of our investigators came up with a Tec 2 film of some people crossing south that are impossible to identify"

"Clues? Nothing from the neighbors? Friends? No problems at work? No tax issues? No domestic quarrels?"

"Zero. It's like they vanished into thin air"

"Mexico eh? On film. Hmmm. We're going to run with that. Get that damned monkey off our back. Call the reporters"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Try and convince me something like that did not happen.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2013 at 03:49 PM

Looking at your photo, I expected to see you hunched from the huge chip you carry. You should have called this thread Blame America first.

The harder I work, the luckier I get
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-19-2013 at 07:09 AM

Exactly David. Haha. My take on it as well.
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Briefing:

"What'cha got?"

"Not a damned clue sheriff, but one of our investigators came up with a Tec 2 film of some people crossing south that are impossible to identify"

"Clues? Nothing from the neighbors? Friends? No problems at work? No tax issues? No domestic quarrels?"

"Zero. It's like they vanished into thin air"

"Mexico eh? On film. Hmmm. We're going to run with that. Get that damned monkey off our back. Call the reporters"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Try and convince me something like that did not happen.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-19-2013 at 07:27 AM

Granted, it was and still is a baffling case. Are we sure that the inheritors of the money in the bank and the house (I assume it was totally paid for if it was a repo) didn't want to get rid of everyone that would have a claim to their estate? Horrible thought, but what other motive could there be?

[Edited on 11-19-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 11-19-2013 at 05:01 PM

I'm sure the cops looked at that point. After all an arrest and conviction is a feather in their cap as well as the D.A.'s.

Many times the cops will give out misdirection clues so as to trap not only the perps but the fools out there who want to confess to any and every crime.

A really determined killer can make it very hard for cops to catch them. Also civilians are never privvy to cop mechanicals. There could be a list of "Persons of Interest" and we'd never know about it until an arrest was imminent. Just where the bodies were found is a major clue in itself.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 06:35 AM

If they had all that information David, an arrest would have been made before the almost 4 years that they found the bodies. I believe that they had dismissed the case as a Mexico bound escape, but then it makes no sense. Why would they buy an upscale relatively new home in Fallbrook, be in the middle of painting and decorating, and then escape to Mexico? They could have saved that money they spent on the house for their journey and new living accommodations SOB. I believe they will revisit the inheritors once again. Someone could have hired a hit man. Money is the only motive I see here, and killing the children would assure they would get a clean cut of the inheritance.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 12:58 PM

I was really sad to read this link of what happened to that family. I remember the case well and had hoped for the best.

There most certainly is but one side to every story: the TRUTH. Variations of it are nothing but lies.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 04:48 PM

@EnsenadaDr - I'm guessing that you knew that the title of this thread would be provocative, but I for one appreciate the premise: that in a vacuum of evidence and motive, if a crime occurs near the Mexican border, it's more expedient to believe that Mexico was somehow involved. I'm not sure if it's just anti-Mexican bias, or the fact that the news media values a scoop more than facts. I'm not old enough to remember Thomas Dewey "winning" the presidency in 1948, but I do remember both Reagan being reported as assassinated in 1981, and the "victory" of Al Gore in 2000.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 07:39 PM

What kind of clue do you get from where the bodies were buried?
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
I'm sure the cops looked at that point. After all an arrest and conviction is a feather in their cap as well as the D.A.'s.

Many times the cops will give out misdirection clues so as to trap not only the perps but the fools out there who want to confess to any and every crime.

A really determined killer can make it very hard for cops to catch them. Also civilians are never privvy to cop mechanicals. There could be a list of "Persons of Interest" and we'd never know about it until an arrest was imminent. Just where the bodies were found is a major clue in itself.
EdZeranski
Nomad

Mood: Si! Como no???

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 08:38 PM
suck it up

Quote:
[

The Tourism industry and even the State Department issue warnings about visiting Mexico. People, come on. If you live in glass houses, don't throw stones at your neighbor!!

Before retiring I worked all over the World and the TV images there can be brutal compared to the USA. Images of Mexican violence included the beheaded bodies hanging from bridges etc. Those were real not made up and influence the way Mexico is seen over the World. Some may have an over arching need to turn their noses up at the US or the reputation of Mexico in the press but the shown images of Mexico have influenced World opinion. When I worked in the Middle East folks were worried when I said I was going to Mexico on vacation. The Middle East for Sh*t sake!! Everyone has heard the bad news...kinda like the rental car hijackings in Miami a few years ago. I guess the big disconnect is folks connecting Baja with the mainland and the problems there. Glass house? Nah!...but I keep enough Windex to clear away BS

:coolup:
EdZ
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.