Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Tecate CPB Complaint
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2014 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
I wanted to tell her she might consider working out, loose the muffin top, go get layed and raise her endorphins since it seemed ok to give me life's answers.:lol:

You'd have been pitching your tent in secondary. :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-19-2014 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
I wanted to tell her she might consider working out, loose the muffin top, go get layed and raise her endorphins since it seemed ok to give me life's answers.:lol:

You'd have been pitching your tent in secondary. :lol:

And as my dad would say " without a pot to pee in " :lol:
Its amazing how much info is at their disposal when you cross the border legally, when we changed trucks last year they new it . The guard asked us if this was going to be the vehicle we would be using now for our Mex trips. I replied we sold the other one, the family had grown out of it.
We had a cactus skeleton from our ranchito in Az on the dash for decoration and a Tecate guard carefully reached in, picked it up and said it was a rare endangered Baja species to which I replied of course its endangered in Baja, Its from Northern Arizona :?:

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by BajaRat]
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 7-19-2014 at 01:56 PM

Ha!

All this discussion has made me wonder what the border Xing agent would say if my passport/passport card/SENTRI card/drivers license were lost or stolen, and I tried using my original, cardstock, computer batch-punched "certificate of live birth" paperwork, issued by County of San Diego "Department of Public Health" 50+ years ago?

For a photo ID- do they accept CostCo AmEx cards?

Hey, the certificate cost my parents $1/each back in the day, and mom ordered 2 (receipt also still in the original mailing envelope). And that was pricey back then- I know, cuz I also have their annual tax filings for those years, showing my USMC dad's meager income!

My dear departed mom, being a super-organized military parent (copies of vaccinations, school reports, medical records etc. were required at new schools for all 4 kids, with every transfer) kept these files up til her death. Not sure where the 2nd certificate wound up, probably buried in a DoD archive somewhere, proving another dependent had entered the world.

My baptismal record is also with those docs- I bet those would be respected in Baja!

RIP mom- and thanks for the memories! They may come in handy some day...

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
WOW BajaBoy, I too, researched that birth certificates were enough, and they are according to your research and mine as well, but I certainly don't want no freaking hassles, thanks for letting us know!

You got a good point there, Dennis, "they know the regulations", "it's one of their methods to engage you"....

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2014 at 05:01 PM

Blame Bush. His administration started this idiocy.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-19-2014 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

And your guy Obama has had plenty of time to do something about it.

Just hoping for change

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-19-2014 at 10:28 PM

Geeezzz, really? I cross at Tecate often, no issues. Sometimes they send me to secondary because I'm pulling a trailer or forgot to take off my sunglasses or the computer flagged me or because I have 2 cats and 2 dogs I might have a bag of pet food contraband (ok, I made that last part up).

I guess I'm fortunate enough to still be in the "Baja Spirit when I get to the border and I don't get needlessly hassled there, or maybe I don't have a "where is your warrant" chip on my shoulder....or maybe I don't sweat the small stuff.....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
mike odell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2014 at 10:43 PM

DT,
Maybe you don't get hassled much cuz your close to 8 ft tall, weigh close
to 400 pounds, bald, look like you eat nails and spit out horse shoes!
Or maybe Jillie and cacahuate gives ya away as a a softy? :saint::spingrin::spingrin:
:rolleyes:

latrinidadrvranchrestaurant.com

Everybody knows Murphy\'s Law.
Martinez Law; Murphy was a damn optimist!
Quote by: Jimmy Smith
baconjr
Nomad

Mood: Es la vida de perro!

[*] posted on 7-26-2014 at 03:26 PM
Know your government!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd

And your guy Obama has had plenty of time to do something about it.

Just hoping for change

Congress makes the laws. The Prez signs them. Congress is a joke primarily due to the House.
Just hoping for an informed citizenry!!:lol:
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2014 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
The House didn't make Obamacare... the biggest joke pressed upon the American people.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Yes, and the House will likely try and repeal it again. Your tax dollars at work.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.