Pages:  1  ..  13    15
Author: Subject: Tropical Storm Warning for BCS for Hurricane Norbert
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Just took my laundry in from what started out to be a beautiful sunny warm day. The clouds are rolling in, the skies are getting grey and ominous....I am close to Ensenada.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 08:12 AM

Asuncion laundry report...it's a no go as there are still rain cells hanging about but the winds are decreasing to around 15-20...cloudy with some minute blue patches here and there. We are cleaning up sand and cutting back ruined plants that are now all withered up...boards off the windows today and finishing up working on putting together a little storm video.

Looks like Oscar might favour the gulf side. For you surfer dudes planning to go to San Juanico...the highway is open so far and I bet the north road will be OK in a few days but the thing is that Oscar may dump more rain by the weekend so keep that in mind...surf might be mushy or epic...:lol: All depends on how much rain they get in the next couple days in Baja norte. The arroyos start running fast but empty just as fast.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 08:26 AM

Greengoes your wife Esther hasn't aged a bit. You are a lucky man to have her washing your laundry, she must use Tide pods!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Just took my laundry in from what started out to be a beautiful sunny warm day. The clouds are rolling in, the skies are getting grey and ominous....I am close to Ensenada.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 08:26 AM

The maps Doug just put up show Cataviña in the line of fire. Guess the bog near Mission Santa María will get recharged! Flash flood on the Gonzaga Bay side are possible. The foundations for the new Hwy. 5 bridge may get a test?

Or, it may be all dry before getting there?

Taken just a few minutes ago...

[Edited on 9-8-2014 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 09:15 AM

Yikes - it's heading for San Diego. Some rain from this would be welcomed.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

Looks like Oscar might favour the gulf side.

I think it is Odile
And I am getting my laundry done in the next few days cause it doesn't look good for this weekend!

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 09:55 AM

buy a dryer...it doesn't use that much propane

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
buy a dryer...it doesn't use that much propane

NO way.
I love hanging out my clothes and they smell sooooo good.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 10:28 AM

Interesting that the hurricane satellite image I posted updates... It was like an 8:10 am image and just now it is a 10:18 image, and looks bigger than earlier!

High clouds here in San Diego North County with rain predicted later through Tuesday, as of last night's news.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Interesting that the hurricane satellite image I posted updates... It was like an 8:10 am image and just now it is a 10:18 image, and looks bigger than earlier!

High clouds here in San Diego North County with rain predicted later through Tuesday, as of last night's news.

...the weather-underground images do the same updating.
....models predict the winds to totally drop before the thing goes anywhere---methinks precip is a different story,,,there should be a marked effect on sources of 'hot-air' coming from the border regions over the next few days :yes:;)
Zola
Nomad

Mood: Enthusiastic

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 11:22 AM

I have confirmed word that the south road from las Insurgentes to San Juanico is flooded in parts. Two of my friends made the drive but said it was harrowing and that they had to cross an arroyo. There is also an 80% chance that there will be a new tropical storm or hurricane forming within the next several days, per the National Hurricane Center, and add to that possible heavy rains near El Rosario and San Quintin. Proceed or choose not to proceed accordingly. San Juanico itself was not hit very hard by Norbert, but there was a lot of rain in the mountains.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-8-2014 at 11:48 AM

If I didn't know better I would say what a beautiful picture David K!!
 Pages:  1  ..  13    15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.