Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The 50 Most Violent Cities In The World
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-25-2015 at 10:23 AM
lists

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Mexico's Citizens' Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice, has just put out their 2015 list of the 50 most violent cities in the world,...

joe:
crikey! you are a dreary drip!

here is a much lighter list: the world's top 10 cities for finding beautiful women http://www.askmen.com/top_10/travel_top_ten/20_travel_top_te...

no mexican city made the list :no:
but LA made the list, and that is sort of a mexican city, eh? :bounce:
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-25-2015 at 11:09 AM

Well, according to that "AskMen" magazine, Brazil is the number one country in the world, to find beautiful woman.

Brazil, has also dominates the list of the world's 50 most dangerous cities, and has placed 16 cities on list, and there is a lot of talk about the violence in Brazil, because Brazil is going to host the 2016 summer Olympics.

However, Rio de Janeiro, nor Sao Paulo made the list, and I'm sure by the time the Olympics comes around in 2016, Brazil will clean up it's cities, but I'm concerned at what costs.

I also doubt most Olympic fans will keep away from Brazil just because so many cities in Brazil, made the list with 16 cities, just like I don't think most foreign tourists stay away from visiting Mexico, especially tourists spots like Cancan.

There was an article in the Mexican local papers, that said Mexico had a record year of tourism in 2014, where 29 million tourists visited Mexico, up from 2013. and even the border areas of Mexico, tourism has increased.

Olympic host Brazil dominates list of world's 50 most dangerous cities.[/b

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2015/01/20/253744/olympic-host-br...

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Rio de Janeiro is known for two things: its beaches and its beach bums. And those beach bums are (and belong to) some of the nicest, voluptuous and most outgoing women in the world. Sure, not all of them look like Gisele, but a visit to Rio will at least offer you a chance to find the next Adriana Lima.
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2015 at 11:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Stephen Hawking says that 'aggression', humanity's greatest vice, will destroy civilization.

I believe him.

Plenty of that on this board.

The harder I work, the luckier I get
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-25-2015 at 12:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bledito  
The windy city didn.t make the list, Chicago . I so often read on here how dangereous Chicago is . guess not so bad after all.

Well, Chicago the windy city, may not have made the list of the 50 most dangerous cities, and I suspect that's because Chicago has 2.7 million people, and even 415 murders in Chicago in 2013, tend to be averaged out.

However, Chicago did lead all US cities with most murders in 2013, and there was that one 4th of July holiday where 82 people were shot during the holiday weekend. I don't have the 2014 homicides numbers in front of me, but I think I read somewhere it was about the same, and also over 400 murders.

On the surface, it seems fair, when comparing cities of their violence to use homicides per 100,000 residents, and I think it does when comparing similar large cities in the world like New York, to San Francisco, even if New York, has a larger population that San Francisco.

This Mexican think tank, also did another rankings of Mexican cities with over 100,000 residents, and Rosarito, barely made the list, at 104,000 people, according to old data from 2005, and census data from 2010. You just know those population numbers are under counted because Rosarito is a border city, with transient population, and there is a large illegal American population in Rosarito. We also know the US deports many of it's Mexican convicts in it's jails on the Tijuana border, and they make their way to Rosarito, where there is a large homeless population.

Rosarito had 45 homicides last year, and when you divide that against their small population, it will push Rosarito up high on the rankings. Rosarito was actually ranked higher than Tijuana, on the list of the most dangerous cities in Mexico, but I doubt that's the case in real life.

I'm just wondering if that's fair, comparing small cities like Rosarito, against large cities like Tijuana, that had over 493 homicides, in 2014, down from 2013 when Tijuana recorded 591 homicides, but Tijuana also has over 1.6 million people, which are probably way under counted because Tijuana is a border city with a large transient population.

I see it like comparing the fictional small city of Maryberry, against the fictional city of the very large city of Gotham. I don't think it's a fair representation when you compare cites that vary that much in size and population.

[Edited on 2-25-2015 by JoeJustJoe]
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2015 at 12:18 PM

Been to 32 of these cities and it will make 34 in two weeks when I go to Risaralda Colombia. Been to San Pedro Sula Honduras many times and it is a real mess. Needed a body guard.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.